Any esl trampers that can help me with a bit of info

I start tramping on Monday at 4 am,am I guaranteed to be finished fri ,do you run out of hours very often on a Friday ,so have to have a night out and run in Saturday ,it’s just were going to book to go away next Saturday ,we’d like the 8 a.m sat day flight ,but if there’s a chance I won’t get back until Saturday we will book the 23.00 sat night flight .ta
N.b I did try to book the Friday off but he wrote Declined on it :unamused: :unamused:

If you’re tramping on any company I personally wouldn’t book anything for a Saturday morning just in case it all goes to pot on the Friday which in this country, it normally does.

You reckon you’ll last the week :laughing:

nick2008:

If he remembers his card, stays off tower bridge avoids clouting buildings, and gets somebody else to top up his engine oil he should be ok.

4am start :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dozy was 2 hrs late the other week for an 11am start :unamused: :unamused: he will miss the plane for sure :neutral_face:

This is a ■■■■■■■ wind up ■■?

mike68:

nick2008:

If he remembers his card, stays off tower bridge avoids clouting buildings, and gets somebody else to top up his engine oil he should be ok.

I topped up my own engine oil THANKYOU ,the thread was the fact I had to get a defect note to get any in the first place ,lift bonnet ,pull down small flap in grille,remove red oil filler cap and then fill with engine oil you’ve got from vmu after having to get a defect note ,ring a bell !!!

I’m hoping Dozy has one of those stupid name plates in the window, then if I happen to spot him nearby I can give him a wide berth and avoid being another one of his accident stats :confused:

But to answer his OP, as it’s his 1st week, I suspect there’s a huge chance he’ll end up maxing out and running in Saturday AM. Either due to his planners running him ragged (declined = sat AM :wink: )
Or as he’s new to tramping he’ll get fuddled/stuck/in a mess etc somewhere in London and run himself out of hours. But on the bright side he should be good for the following Saturday off.

seth 70:
4am start :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dozy was 2 hrs late the other week for an 11am start :unamused: :unamused: he will miss the plane for sure :neutral_face:

The Mrs I can assure you will make sure we do get on the plane ,she is not as tolerant of failure as my bosses :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

nick2008:

They have got me a brand new truck including roof beacons so I think they have confidence that I will last more than a week

peirre:
I’m hoping Dozy has one of those stupid name plates in the window, then if I happen to spot him nearby I can give him a wide berth and avoid being another one of his accident stats :confused:

But to answer his OP, as it’s his 1st week, I suspect there’s a huge chance he’ll end up maxing out and running in Saturday AM. Either due to his planners running him ragged (declined = sat AM :wink: )
Or as he’s new to tramping he’ll get fuddled/stuck/in a mess etc somewhere in London and run himself out of hours. But on the bright side he should be good for the following Saturday off.

You won’t miss my truck ,it will be the only one on the esl fleet I know of adorned in memorabilia of my beloved Bristol rovers ,flags ,towels ,shirt over passenger seat etc :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,told I’m not going on flat work ( London ) as its being phased in so for now I will be a general dogsbody ( tesco no doubt ) .
But as I say you’ll see me a mile away ,don’t be shy ,Looking forward too meeting everyone :smiley:

BIG AW:
This is a [zb] wind up ■■?

No ,it’s my first full week tramping for this lot so unluckily it coincides with the end of my working being the day before we want to go away ( left it late to book as want best deal ) ,I’ve asked for a bit of help ,knowledge from my companies drivers .
But in future I’ll just do a a thread ,them ■■■■■■■■ ran me out of time and I missed my flight :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
Years ago you’d helpfull advice and a bit of a ribbing ,now all you get is abuse when asking a question ,makes you wonder why we bother :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
Why don’t you ■■■■ off and go and play with a train :exclamation:

Radar19:
If you’re tramping on any company I personally wouldn’t book anything for a Saturday morning just in case it all goes to pot on the Friday which in this country, it normally does.

Thanks radar ,that was my thinking but Mrs/ me would of liked day flight so thought maybe esl trampers got back fri,but think will take the 23.0 night flight to be safe.
Pity I didn’t know earlier I was off tramping as I’d of booked the fri + the week , but boss is being his normal vindictive self so it will have to be night flight

" Previously on DRIVING WITH DOZY "…can’t wait for the next episode :smiley: :sunglasses: . I hope they do a DVD box set :wink:
Regards. John.

seth 70:

Mrs does not accept failures well at all ,I’m skating on thin ice with her at the moment :frowning: :frowning: ,which is why I’m making sure we get on the plane ,boss may accept lateness ( with a moan or two ) ,but I don’t think my life would be worth living if that plane took off without us on board ,don’t fancy the walk back to grantham from e / mid after getting booted out the car ,then finding door locked and clothes on lawn .
It will have to be a night flight ,failure is not a option

The gift that just keeps giving :grimacing:

As its your first week do your best to save a 15 hour day and 10 hour drive for friday.
Your starting on earlies so could try starting as late as possible on Friday to give yourself the best chance of getting home, sitting out the rushhour is a gamble that sometimes pays off to save driving but your15 hour limit is always ticking along.

Welcome to the weird and wonderfull world of tramping where asking for a friday finish will guarantee a sat run in and saying ok to work saturday will get you back friday night, planners love to show whos in charge from time to time.

Course you could always show whos the real captain by driving back friday regardless of what jobs they give you. Mute your phone and see how many missed calls you get. My record for doing this is 47… :slight_smile:

mike68:

nick2008:

…and he needs to close the back doors as well.

Radar19:

Very sound advice mate,when I was tramping[along with lots more]on here never knew when they were getting home.
regards dave.

Yeah am a esl tramper a do my 3x15 hours and 1x 13 hour shift.Then on my last shift a do between 7-8 hours for my last shift then thats it.Only do more if they ask to do an extra shift then a will max my hours may aswell am away from home hope it helps you but remember all depots are diffrent.