Any esl trampers that can help me with a bit of info

How do I join the Dozy fan club? :open_mouth:

You gotta luv him… :smiley:

Can’t you ask the pilot to meet you at your last drop?
Leave the keys to the wagon on the wheel,job done.

Dipper_Dave:
Welcome to the weird and wonderfull world of tramping where asking for a friday finish will guarantee a sat run in and saying ok to work saturday will get you back friday night, planners love to show whos in charge from time to time.

I’m learning this to be true and getting some strange looks while smirking at my phone in a pub in Strangestedfodd, Wales

Colin_scottish:
Yeah am a esl tramper a do my 3x15 hours and 1x 13 hour shift.Then on my last shift a do between 7-8 hours for my last shift then thats it.Only do more if they ask to do an extra shift then a will max my hours may aswell am away from home hope it helps you but remember all depots are diffrent.

There just aren’t enough hours in the day :smiley:

Vikingpete a think most trampers will do 60+ hours easy a week even when they have to run in on a saturday.Many hours do you do a week vikingpete since my hours seem to be to much to you :wink:

I was tramping for ESL. Maxing out on Friday, I never was unfortunate enough to actually carry on to Saturday but they try there best…lol

Colin_scottish:
remember all depots are diffrent.

This is very true, those Friday finishes were unheard of at our depot.

I am lucky for it just cause they want the truck sometimes so like to have it back for the just incase times.

Just tell them you’ve got a holiday booked and need to be finished by whatever time.Quite simple really.

dozy:
I start tramping on Monday at 4 am,am I guaranteed to be finished fri ,do you run out of hours very often on a Friday ,so have to have a night out and run in Saturday ,it’s just were going to book to go away next Saturday ,we’d like the 8 a.m sat day flight ,but if there’s a chance I won’t get back until Saturday we will book the 23.00 sat night flight .ta
N.b I did try to book the Friday off but he wrote Declined on it :unamused: :unamused:

I would book the 8am flight.Id be back finished in the yard Friday afternoon whatever.Sounds like you’re scared of your planner to me.Whats the worst that could happen??..Think you need to grow some balls and tell your planner to get rooted.

So.

Is Dozy now single.

Did he do the deed

You’ll have to wait for the next Breath taking Exciting episode of

Driving With Mr Dozy

:grimacing:

Dozy have you asked if you can book an early finish instead off the full day, then just make sure you remind your planner about it.

PHIL89:
Dozy have you asked if you can book an early finish instead off the full day, then just make sure you remind your planner about it.

4 to 5 times a day every day of the week and then again when they plan you out Friday night, Planners have selective memory especially when it comes to drivers needs.

BIG AW:
This is a [zb] wind up ■■?

not at ■■■■■■■ stobrats :grimacing:

PHIL89:

To be honest Phil I haven’t got a clue who my planner will be this week ,I was meant to be tramping ( even though it’s now being implied that wasn’t the case ) ,so until I ger there tomorrow at 4 a.m days ,I’m not sure what im doing ,where im working or who’s planning my work ,but i will ask ,but I don’t hold much hope of a early finish ,but we can’t hope ,but thanks phil

Dozy,

I for one wish you luck, as from what i’ve read, and enjoyed as entertainment from your posts, you deserve a good bit! :smiley:

Hope this week goes well, & you enjoy your hols pal!