Any double deck drivers here ie pallet network

Any drivers of double deck drivers ie parcel company’s night trunking as I have a few questions to ask

Presumably job criteria is as follows

1. drive like utter morons
  2. try get past anything on road.no Matter how long takes
  3. try see how much G force the curtains can take while cornering

These clowns make tippers look good

psv8:
Any drivers of double deck drivers ie parcel company’s night trunking as I have a few questions to ask

You say you have a few questions to ask but don’t actually ask any questions…you drunk bro?

ckm1981:

psv8:

You say you have a few questions to ask but don’t actually ask any questions…you drunk bro?

Thought his questions were in the job criteria 1 to 3 .
psv8 you questions are bang on mate and the answers to all 3 are

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Absolutely.

Just to add I’ve done the job but not as you’ve seen it as I drive as a job not a F1 driver :wink:

On the way home from the depot the other morning I kid you not this Knobforce DD was almost on 3 wheels mind it didn’t help as it looked as if it was heavy loaded one side or was it just where the load had shifted

ckm1981:

psv8:

Probably is drunk, but since he’s only in charge of a keyboard, I don’t think you’ll need to call the cops this time.[emoji12] [emoji3] [emoji3]
Ps. Only having a laugh. 100% agree with what you done regarding your what would you do thread.[emoji6]

Your all safe I packed in drinking years ago using my phone and took phone call midway through typing the post.

damoq:

ckm1981:

psv8:

Probably is drunk, but since he’s only in charge of a keyboard, I don’t think you’ll need to call the cops this time.[emoji12] [emoji3] [emoji3]
Ps. Only having a laugh. 100% agree with what you done regarding your what would you do thread.[emoji6]

Too late I’ve called em :smiley:
And cheers.

psv8:
Your all safe I packed in drinking years ago using my phone and took phone call midway through typing the post.

Whilst drinking coffee rolling a ■■■ and negotiating a roundabout :grimacing:

nick2008:

psv8:

you sound supprised a experienced driver manages all that. On a daily basis.
Gets tricky when reading map though

psv8:

This was the oath I took when I became a class one driver!!! :grimacing:

psv8:

nick2008:

psv8:

you sound supprised a experienced driver manages all that. On a daily basis.
Gets tricky when reading map though

And there was me thinking your a pro :open_mouth:

So your not watching your sat navy for directions then :grimacing: :grimacing:

Sat navs are like women always tell You your doing it wrong

Always answer back

There’s a Time and a place for them

Not sure which double decker I liked most.

1. The crispy chocolate bar that lingered in your mouth 30 minutes later
  2. The confusing children’s tv program from the 1970’s, with the catchy theme tune.

LIBERTY_GUY:
Not sure which double decker I liked most.

1. The crispy chocolate bar that lingered in your mouth 30 minutes later
  2. The confusing children’s tv program from the 1970’s, with the catchy theme tune.

Not to forget Kevin Wilsons mad dug. :smiling_imp:

I don’t understand why you all pick on crappy drivers?
they make me look good, leave them alone :imp:
:laughing:

We’ve got a Very Special DD Night Driver, he’s turned right out of the Rugby Hub A5 (where it goes under the M6) against the No Right Turn for HGV’s sign & took a couple or tyres out on the very high kerbs (TWICE ! I found out the other day) came limping all the way back to the yard once with a couple of flat airbags, damaging the trailer, drove all the way to the hub with only the red airline in/no lecky, abs or secondary air ! now he’s been banned from the Rugby Hub, goes up to Solihull instead & he still races the other DD Drivers back to the yard, overtaking on A roads & generally driving like a Knob.
I really can’t understand how management still keep him employed, I even assessed him before he started, was ok, could handle it alright but I did note his eyesight was a bit dodgy when he couldn’t read a number plate from about 20 yards & advised an Eye Test on the form, but Hey, we can’t get drivers & keep decent ones, so we just take anyone on.
That’s how I got the job, LOL.

psv8:

I’ve driven a double-decker once, I think, on a trunk run from Crawley to Burton-upon-Trent or Birmingham and saw the first two of these behaviours, especially on the M25 where the lanes are narrow (unlike on the M40). Pretty scary. It was my first night so I was tired, and trying to drive east into the rising sun as well.

I used to drive them sometimes, from Redditch to Fradley. I drove others mad by sticking religiously to the 40 limit along the A446 past The Belfry:)

Have only pulled a fully laden decker once to help out when the regular driver was taken ill, I learnt very quickly that it had to be treated with utmost respect and I would not ever be guilty of the indiscretions suggested by the OP.
However on the same job heading back down South at 4am in the morning I was overtaken by another trunker from the same pallet hub going a lot faster than my limiter would allow me, but he also had his laptop on the dash tray watching ■■■■!! So add that to the list…

Santa:
I used to drive them sometimes, from Redditch to Fradley. I drove others mad by sticking religiously to the 40 limit along the A446 past The Belfry:)

If that’s the bit linking the M42 and A38, I was actually warned that the camera along that stretch was set to catch trucks exceeding 40mph the first time I did that run. So you probably did those other truckers a favour even if they didn’t thank you for it.

I would put done:
Drive through roadworks flat out in lane 2 and 3. While tailgating the car front of it!!!