Any decent operators left

Sick of working for monkeys. Just needed to say that lol.

Don’t let Contraflow hear you say that.

pickandmix:

Howdens Joinery. Good luck getting a job there though. Dead mans shoes like all good firms are. Interesting point to note is from my experience the best operators tend to be those who run lorries but aren’t in haulage, i.e like Howdens they’re a manufacturer who run their own trucks to deliver stuff they make. When you have to make money out of your trucks the maintenance can get scrimped on and drivers pushed to make runs

Conor:
, i.e like Howdens they’re a manufacturer who run their own trucks to deliver stuff they make. When you have to make money out of your trucks the maintenance can get scrimped on and drivers pushed to make runs

Not sure if this is still the case. I believe their transport has been outsourced…

wincanton.co.uk/newsroom/pre … s-joinery/

Wincanton pretty much give you the job and leave you alone to get it done, a massive thumbs up in my book… so i’m told :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Wincanton pretty much give you the job and leave you alone to get it done, a massive thumbs up in my book… so i’m told :wink:

I drive a W&D for them on a building materials contract, and yeah, that’s pretty much how it works. I get given a load and the next contact with the office is when I’ve tipped and want to know what’s next.

Im currently on a contract with a little ma n pa place with 4 motors and not enough work for 2. They are actually a little OTT, limiters restricted to 50mph and manual printouts at the end of the day.

Yes there are decent operators out there, they never advertise for staff and seldom do any leave.

Conor:

pickandmix:

Howdens Joinery. Good luck getting a job there though. Dead mans shoes like all good firms are. Interesting point to note is from my experience the best operators tend to be those who run lorries but aren’t in haulage, i.e like Howdens they’re a manufacturer who run their own trucks to deliver stuff they make. When you have to make money out of your trucks the maintenance can get scrimped on and drivers pushed to make runs

If it’s a dead mans shoes job why do they use agency knuckle draggers like you■■?
Why are all of the driving jobs not filled by full time employees then :unamused: :unamused:

trucken:

Conor:
, i.e like Howdens they’re a manufacturer who run their own trucks to deliver stuff they make. When you have to make money out of your trucks the maintenance can get scrimped on and drivers pushed to make runs

Not sure if this is still the case. I believe their transport has been outsourced…

Typical know it all Conor knows nothing yet again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Juddian:
Yes there are decent operators out there, they never advertise for staff and seldom do any leave.

The company im on for is spot on the class 2 job was filled by a class 1 driver just to get in the company and no jobs are ever advertised
Its only if you get put foward by another driver

That howdens contract jumps operators every few years, I worked on howdens in Dhl Bellshill. They never took on fulltime as it jumps every few year, but I think Conor maybe referring to the large depots like Runcorn etc. I think that might be in house am not sure. Runcorn was the weirdest depot I’ve ever been to, just shout out to the security guard where you came from and that’s it you already had your trailer number. Didn’t need to speak to anyone else :laughing:

trucken:

Conor:

Nope. Howdens run their own transport at Howden and the NDC at Nottingham. They use Wincanton at the Runcorn factory and use several of their depots to do “last” mile so we’ll run trailers down to say their Portbury depot on a night and then Wincanton drivers will deliver them throughout the south west the following day.

DHL used to have their own traffic office on site at Runcorn but screwed up running it so it got run directly from Howden instead. DHL did a good job of screwing up a very good contract from memory by knacking up stock because of poor drivers, not delivering stuff on time despite 4hr slots and I believe using Howdens trailers on their own contracts.

tango boy:
Typical know it all Conor knows nothing yet again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Typical tango boy makes a ■■■■ of himself again by not actually reading the link.

From the Wincanton page…

Wincanton secured the contract following a competitive tender and will operate and manage three of Howdens’ UK transport sites in Glasgow, Avonmouth and Radlett, as well as associated activities, for the next three years.

Radlett is a crappy little DHL depot on Venture Park where we drop off trailers for them to deliver around London and the South East. Avonmouth is a crappy little Wincanton depot on Portbury Dock where we drop trailers off for them to deliver in the south west. Glasgow is a Wincanton depot where they load trailers for us out of the Egger chipboard factory which they trunk down to Lockerbie and Penrith where we do trailer swaps with them with loads for stores in Scotland which they deliver.

None of the three mentioned are Howdens UK transport sites at all, no Howdens staff has ever worked at any of them. They’re just conveniently placed depots we can drag trailers to on a night for them to deliver during the day.

Does that foot in your mouth taste nice?

Conor:

tango boy:

Typical tango boy makes a fool of himself again. Howdens runs their own lorries at the main Howden factory and the NDC at Northampton. All the outbased stuff is done by Wincanton.

Cool story bro :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Read the website. Click on the link, its really simple. Read the words on it. Note how the names of Howden, Runcorn and Northampton are missing, the places that have the factories and the national distribution centre for the company.

Continue to make yourself look like a gimp if you want, I don’t care.

Here’s the one at Radlett. Notice how the sign for a £billion turnover company is missing.

google.co.uk/maps/@51.70807 … W8O17g!2e0

Fight fight fight (in a stereotypical schoolboy stylee)

With the “average age of a driver” being 53 and rising - the government no doubt will start saying sooner or later that:-

“The time for getting a job is getting closer. Conditions are improving all the time thanks to our stewardship of the economy”

In fact, the only reason it might be getting easier to get a job - is because more of us are dying off day by day. If nothing else, we each get a day closer to our own deaths every 24 hours, regardless of who we are.
The secret to a “improving life” therefore has got to be…

NO MORE ‘JAM TOMORROW’!
I want it now - since I might be dead by this time tomorrow.
As drivers, we can’t even “eat, drink, and be merry” because it’s illegal in our profession to do thus.
That was a party political rant on behalf of the pizdorf party.

Yep ,im good :laughing:

Conor:

tango boy:

Typical tango boy makes a [zb] of himself again by not actually reading the link.

From the Wincanton page…

Wincanton secured the contract following a competitive tender and will operate and manage three of Howdens’ UK transport sites in Glasgow, Avonmouth and Radlett, as well as associated activities, for the next three years.

Radlett is a crappy little DHL depot on Venture Park where we drop off trailers for them to deliver around London and the South East. Avonmouth is a crappy little Wincanton depot on Portbury Dock where we drop trailers off for them to deliver in the south west. Glasgow is a Wincanton depot where they load trailers for us out of the Egger chipboard factory which they trunk down to Lockerbie and Penrith where we do trailer swaps with them with loads for stores in Scotland which they deliver.

None of the three mentioned are Howdens UK transport sites at all, no Howdens staff has ever worked at any of them. They’re just conveniently placed depots we can drag trailers to on a night for them to deliver during the day.

Does that foot in your mouth taste nice?

Give ya that one, if it’s a dead mans shoes job why are they using agency then■■?