Any DCPC Auditors on here?

As above.

I doubt it but why do you ask ?

Again I wouldnt think so but you never know any reason why

My guess would be they had a crap course and want to report it :wink:

Might be best to contact JAUPT if its just a query.

Complaints about courses have to be made to the DSA I think.

Exact opposite - we had 3 foot of snow - the trainer - on crutches with a foot cast - made it in after walking to the main road, lugging loads of stuff - arrived late - the auditor was already with us - asking us loads of questions about her last course… the trainer was obviously flustered and cocked up big time on the timings… the material was excellant, we had a laugh, she made the day interesting, we all willingly stayed over for the missed mins on the morning session, and we obviously rated her as a trainer as we have asked if we can book on her next course.

I just wondered how much trouble she could be in.

You should be given a ‘feedback form’ at the end of the course.

Wouldn’t hurt just to drop a line to JAUPT

Email:
enquiries@jaupt.org.uk

Phone:
0844 800 4184

Warren Park,
Stratford Road,
Milton Keynes,
MK12 5NW.

It take them weeks to respond to emails, so a paper letter might be best

dar1976:

If anybody hears of a cheap one that lasts for half an hour and is recorded as 8 hours,… no questions asked :wink: , PM me so I needn’t endure some deluded ■■■■■■ boring the arse off me when I could be in the pub. :laughing:

robroy:

dar1976:

If anybody hears of a cheap one that lasts for half an hour and is recorded as 8 hours,… no questions asked :wink: , PM me so I needn’t endure some deluded ■■■■■■ boring the arse off me when I could be in the pub. :laughing:

Given some of the questions you’ve asked in the past and the downright wrong information you’ve given others the last thing you need is a dodgy DCPC course.

robroy:

dar1976:

+1,lifes too short to be wasting time on dcpc “training” :unamused:

Conor:

robroy:

dar1976:

Given some of the questions you’ve asked in the past and the downright wrong information you’ve given others the last thing you need is a dodgy DCPC course.

Oh yeh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: maybe you could back up this accusation with some examples of evidence, I await eagerly with bated breath. :neutral_face:

At the moment these JAUPT auditors seem to be hung up on timings. One of my trainers started the course 15m late (because a driver arrived late) but he added 15m onto the end

From the auditor report I received you’d have thought he’d committed a major crime. Oh and he forgot to remind everyone about mutual respect … I can’t believe he could be so shoddy!

It seems the auditors aren’t much bothered what the course is or what content - just that it runs to the minute to the original timetable submitted when the course was first approved.

I am still firmly of the opinion JAUPT are not fit for purpose and shouldn’t be running a bath never mind the DCPC

And yes it does take 15 days for them to reply (if the bother at all) to emails.

robroy:

dar1976:

And theres speaketh the professional driver we all aspire to be lol

shep532:
At the moment these JAUPT auditors seem to be hung up on timings. One of my trainers started the course 15m late (because a driver arrived late) but he added 15m onto the end

From the auditor report I received you’d have thought he’d committed a major crime. Oh and he forgot to remind everyone about mutual respect … I can’t believe he could be so shoddy!

It seems the auditors aren’t much bothered what the course is or what content - just that it runs to the minute to the original timetable submitted when the course was first approved.

I am still firmly of the opinion JAUPT are not fit for purpose and shouldn’t be running a bath never mind the DCPC

And yes it does take 15 days for them to reply (if the bother at all) to emails.

So what were the consequences ?

I only ask as she helped me so much during the drivers hours session - I feel a bit guilty now as me and another bloke kept her ■■■■■■■ asking questions in the break and at dinner and we even kept her back after the class finished - and she was fab with us pair and the other lads there thought she did a cracking job with much humor.

Norfolknewbie:

robroy:

dar1976:

And theres speaketh the professional driver we all aspire to be lol

Thank you and keep aspiring, you never know…one day :wink:
In fact make a start now… aim for a sense of humour. :sunglasses:

GasGas:
You should be given a ‘feedback form’ at the end of the course.

Wouldn’t hurt just to drop a line to JAUPT

Email:
enquiries@jaupt.org.uk

Phone:
0844 800 4184

Warren Park,
Stratford Road,
Milton Keynes,
MK12 5NW.

It take them weeks to respond to emails, so a paper letter might be best

If you drop JAUPT a line, you may drop her in it! :stuck_out_tongue:

They are a bit particular if you veer of the set course or timings apparently

Couchette:
So what were the consequences ?

Not a lot really. A crap audit report that nobody but them and us see. However … get a crap one and you are guaranteed they will be back with another unnanounced visit within a few weeks. That’s the biggest drawback really. keeps you on your toes. I suppose if the same things are picked up then other things may happen - I don’t know.

There’s quite a lot of discussion amongst trainers about JAUPTs apparent niggle with timings. Personally I would rather it was as you have described. Help those who want helping. Stick to the topics that create the most interest and be flexible with timings. it seems JAUPT want timetabled robots who can’t answer questions because they need to ‘move on’ and stay on time.

There are some right arse holes in the training game and most seem to have moved onto auditing :wink:

A trainer told me the auditor told him he should avoid questions and move on to ensure the full course is delivered within the alloted time. he was 7 minutes over.

I was always taught, and I believe OFSTED (a proper organisation compared to JAUPT) agree that training needs to be flexible and session plans and time tables are for guidance only.

robroy:

dar1976:

+3, although I have heard of someone running a course in a pub, he starts at 4pm and they all stagger out at 12 midnight :grimacing:

shep532:
I was always taught, and I believe OFSTED (a proper organisation compared to JAUPT) agree that training needs to be flexible and session plans and time tables are for guidance only.

SQA have a similar outlook.

I’ve had more verification visits than most other ADR instructors simply because I run a lot of ‘mobile’ ADR courses for different providers.
Mobile courses come under more scrutiny because historically, instructors often don’t have all of the required kit and equipment with them.

I’ve been told by several SQA verifiers that they take a dim view of ‘short’ delivery and that they don’t mind reasonable overruns, especially if confirmatory questions and general Q&A identify that there’s a weaker candidate in the class who needs a little more explanation. The golden rule is that the whole ADR syllabus MUST be covered.

Big Joe:

robroy:

dar1976:

+3, although I have heard of someone running a course in a pub, he starts at 4pm and they all stagger out at 12 midnight :grimacing:

+4 now thats my type of training being as my employer still refuses to discuss it