Any DCPC Auditors on here?

shep532:
There are some right arse holes in the training game and most seem to have moved onto auditing :wink:

With the greatest respect Shep does this come as a surprise to you?

A car salesman/carpet cleaner/ ex driver spots a financial opportunity so becomes a trainer, then spots the Holy Grail of easy jobs and becomes an auditor. Now he/ she is only one step away from the absolute pinnacle which is H&S manager or even HR consultant. Result.

the whole sorry affair has been invented by beaurocrats,for the benefit of more beaurocrats and shysters and wide boys,sorry,"training providers"reap the harvest of cash stolen from poor sods like us paying to keep our livelihoods,whole thing makes me puke

robroy:

Conor:

robroy:
If anybody hears of a cheap one that lasts for half an hour and is recorded as 8 hours,ā€¦ no questions asked :wink: , PM me so I neednā€™t endure some deluded ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  boring the arse off me when I could be in the pub. :laughing:

Given some of the questions youā€™ve asked in the past and the downright wrong information youā€™ve given others the last thing you need is a dodgy DCPC course.

Oh yeh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: maybe you could back up this accusation with some examples of evidence, I await eagerly with bated breath. :neutral_face:

Well, Iā€™m dissapointed Conor me old mate :unamused: ,4 days and you still havenā€™t backed up your ill thought out accusation with a response :unamused: ,noteā€¦ you really ought to engage brain before gob next time bud, it looks as if it was the usualā€¦ CONOR
TALKS OUT OF HIS ARSE.jpg ROUTINE (again) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norfolknewbie:

robroy:

dar1976:
My guess would be they had a crap course and want to report it :wink:

If anybody hears of a cheap one that lasts for half an hour and is recorded as 8 hours,ā€¦ no questions asked :wink: , PM me so I neednā€™t endure some deluded ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  boring the arse off me when I could be in the pub. :laughing:

And theres speaketh the professional driver we all aspire to be lol

And here speaketh the ill do as im told ā€¦and part with more money and when ive done the course i can look down on the unprofesional poor twot that hasnt done the dcpcā€¦and count myself as a pro truckerā€¦bollox and keep reading your bunty comic.

shytalk:

Norfolknewbie:

robroy:

dar1976:
My guess would be they had a crap course and want to report it :wink:

And theres speaketh the professional driver we all aspire to be lol

And here speaketh the ill do as im told ā€¦and part with more money and when ive done the course i can look down on the unprofesional poor twot that hasnt done the dcpcā€¦and count myself as a pro truckerā€¦bollox and keep reading your bunty comic.

That seems to be the way with drivers today, no sooner are they told to bend over and they are removing their pants, not only that but ATTEMPTING ( :laughing: ) to ridicule anybody who has the balls to show a bit of defiance to the system :open_mouth: . When this DCPC ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  was first discussed I never heard any body who was for it, where as now the bullshippers have made the most gullible amongst us not only accept it, but repeat the official mantra in a state of brainwash. I admit that I will have to back down and complete this crap in order to work, but at least at the end of it I will feel better about myself that I (unlike some on here) did not just bend over and willingly apply the vaseline.

Well ive got the grandfather rites uptil 2014 whoopee, or bow down or bend down and take it up poop tubeā€¦i dont like pain and thats wot you will get sat on a course some pain in the arseā€¦ spouting wot you allready know and rob you of your hard earned cash, but i allmost forgot once you have that card in your wallet you automaticaly become a fully fledged pro driver regardless of how many yrs you have done the jobā€¦and its called progress ā€¦its called robbery in my eyesā€¦i wont be doing it even if was free gratis on principleā€¦got better things to spend my money on than lining some pain in the arses pocketā€¦ :sunglasses:

Just been talking to a mate in the N. East who tells me he went for his first DCPC session this morning, done 4hours when the guy said ā€œdoes anybody actually want to resume after lunchā€ and after a resounding ā€œNOā€ from the class, they were sent home and granted 8 hoursā€¦Result. It just goes to show the futility of it all when even some instructors see it for what it is, ie seeing to be doing the right thing with no real substance. Did I read somewhere that some official Trade Union reps were doing the same thing on their courses and were arrested? :open_mouth:

Alsoā€¦Still Waiting CONOR :wink: :unamused:

robroy:
Just been talking to a mate in the N. East who tells me he went for his first DCPC session this morning, done 4hours when the guy said ā€œdoes anybody actually want to resume after lunchā€ and after a resounding ā€œNOā€ from the class, they were sent home and granted 8 hoursā€¦Result.

Hi robroy,

robroy:
It just goes to show the futility of it all when even some instructors see it for what it is, ie seeing to be doing the right thing with no real substance. Did I read somewhere that some official Trade Union reps were doing the same thing on their courses and were arrested? :open_mouth:

Yes, youā€™re correct about that, it was a DCPC course organised by URTU.

ā€¦

Lorn trakta:
No quantity or quality of the available dqc ā€˜trainingā€™ is going to equip you with either the skills or knowledge to do even a mundane hgv driving job, as for something out of the ordinary the ā€˜trainingā€™ will leave you like a ā€˜beached whaleā€™, the sea nearby but might as well be a hundred miles away, operators will quite rightly not give a fig about from whom you obtained your ā€˜qualificationā€™, only, have you got one?

Thatā€™s a quality post, but itā€™s not quite correct Iā€™m afraid.

There are a number of courses that are administered by ā€˜properā€™ awarding bodies long before JAUPT existed, or the DSA got involved.

HIAB, ADR, FLT and First-Aid are all ā€˜properā€™ courses required by existing H&S legislation (there might be more,) and so itā€™s very easy for a driver to obtain some useful portable qualifications that are recognised nationally AND get 35hrs DCPC done.

All of the courses Iā€™ve mentioned just above are examined and overseen by an awarding body other than JAUPT/DSA, so itā€™s the driverā€™s choice as to whether they wish to have the DCPC hours attached if the training provider offers it.

Whilst I agree that SOME of the generic courses that were contrived purely to satisfy the DCPC are crap and not at all useful or recognised in the real world, can you agree that there are actually some properly useful courses out there for drivers??

ā€¦

Lorn trakta:

dieseldave:

Lorn trakta:
No quantity or quality of the available dqc ā€˜trainingā€™ is going to equip you with either the skills or knowledge to do even a mundane hgv driving job, as for something out of the ordinary the ā€˜trainingā€™ will leave you like a ā€˜beached whaleā€™, the sea nearby but might as well be a hundred miles away, operators will quite rightly not give a fig about from whom you obtained your ā€˜qualificationā€™, only, have you got one?

Thatā€™s a quality post, but itā€™s not quite correct Iā€™m afraid.

There are a number of courses that are administered by ā€˜properā€™ awarding bodies long before JAUPT existed, or the DSA got involved.

HIAB, ADR, FLT and First-Aid are all ā€˜properā€™ courses required by existing H&S legislation (there might be more,) and so itā€™s very easy for a driver to obtain some useful portable qualifications that are recognised nationally AND get 35hrs DCPC done.

All of the courses Iā€™ve mentioned just above are examined and overseen by an awarding body other than JAUPT/DSA, so itā€™s the driverā€™s choice as to whether they wish to have the DCPC hours attached if the training provider offers it.

Whilst I agree that SOME of the generic courses that were contrived purely to satisfy the DCPC are crap and not at all useful or recognised in the real world, can you agree that there are actually some properly useful courses out there for drivers??

Yes I can agree with you, on all the points you raise, the qualifications you mention are for real, like adding a group 1 to a group 3 licence, an obvious additional achievement and true qualification, apologies to anyone who thought I was targeting such training and qualifications.

No apology needed mate, I was just trying to strike a fair balance and remind everybody that there are some useful courses out there.

Thanks for that, thatā€™s one I had forgotten aboutā€¦ :blush: :blush:

It is indeed possible to get periodic DCPC hours for the tuition involved in an LGV licence upgrade, such as upgrading from C to C+E at some driving schools. :smiley:

Lorn trakta:

In other words - more money for exsisting courses for nothing extra apart from satisfying an EU directive ā€¦

I think it depends on who you do your training with - 2 examples:
1.DCPC i went on was run well, we all participated in the training and benefited from others on the course providing their view on what was being taught & discussed during the 5 days.
And it does depend on if those offering the training are clued up on it in the first place!

[As for skipping a few hours to get off early that can only lead to having your Driver Qualification Card being revoked at a later date for not having reached the required 35 hours of training?]

2.ADR was done through in house through work by one of the biggest providers of ADR training in UK.
We were all expected in class 5 minutes before the session started and it was taught in a very professional way by matter experts. That probably shows in the pass results and the fact that most of us are now carrying out the work we were trained for.

skypilot:
[As for skipping a few hours to get off early that can only lead to having your Driver Qualification Card being revoked at a later date for not having reached the required 35 hours of training?]

Yeh, but the case I mentioned concerning my mate was although he only done (or endured :unamused: ) 4 hours, the instructor put it down as 8, so he gets paid for 8, the lads get it recorded as 8 to appease the dcpc nazis, although they only done 4, so they all go home for a bit of quality hometime, and the authorities get a portion of the ladā€™s hard earned :imp: , everybodys happy! As he said Heā€™s done 20 years at this why would he want to be lectured by a guy who passed his test a couple of years ago who knows and has done less than him, in a classroom at bank hol wkend, when he could be at home with his wife and kids.