Any Computer Gurus'..SORTED LOL

Right Long one here…

Have been emailed an application form in DOC format to my Gmail, now I run a windows phone and when I opened mail the forms all good, soon as I transfer it onto computer its a mess.

It won’t let me convert it from DOC TO DOCX n my email either, it is useless, company cant figure out how too change it their end even though they sent another fact sheet in DOCX format lol, well I feel its a bit rude to tell em how to by email…

When the form is opened in my gmail its all good but I cant fill it in on their so I’m fluffed■■?

Really appreciate any help Gents as I want this opportunity badly and times a ticking :cry:

You need to download the 2010 convertor from Microsoft FREE. Or just download Polaris 5

polarisoffice.com/

midlifetrucker:
https://www.polarisoffice.com/

Cheers mate, erm it ain’t worked :frowning:

Oh why oh why can’t the snail be king again :laughing:

What is the file they sent you ending in is it .docx. what version of office do you have

microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa … .aspx?id=3 try that

Sounds like they have an ancient version of Word.

When you open is is there a little yellow bar appearing between the menus and the page? If so it should have a button that says ‘Enable Editing’ try that. If go to the file tab and then press info. If there’s a big red box saying protected view select edit anyway.

KCLeblanc:
Sounds like they have an ancient version of Word.

When you open is is there a little yellow bar appearing between the menus and the page? If so it should have a button that says ‘Enable Editing’ try that. If go to the file tab and then press info. If there’s a big red box saying protected view select edit anyway.

Cheers fella,…What they have sent is DOC not DOCX so my understanding is unless they change the format their end I’m fluffed, believe they are running 1997 lol.

No no yellow line, I’ve tried everything both in the email account, on my phone, on my desktop…nowt.

I’ve asked if they could post one to me, praying lol

EDIT ITS SAYS ITS A WORD DOC 1997-2003

What version do you have

midlifetrucker:
What version do you have

My Phone is one before latest 10 lol

Desktop is erm vista :blush: Yes I know I should have burnt it years ago, and gone android or something for the phone lol…

Like I say from what I’m reading they need to change the format their end, they sent 4 folders all in different formats’ including PDF, yet the one I bloody need is in doc lol.

I just want the job is all, feel like im doing the bloody krypton factor today :laughing:

Goodness sake man .

Get a dawta to do it !

Thats wot kidz are for !!

boredwivdrivin:
Goodness sake man .

Get a dawta to do it !

Thats wot kidz are for !!

:laughing: I’m 32 ffs lol, everyone has had a go at it, inc the fudgeking bull terrier, and the dog :laughing:

Kids are stumped too, bloody formats lol its definitely the issue coz its in bloody doc format…

Just cant understand why it opens up and is perfec in the email, yet transfer it to DT and its a dogs dinner?..well I can coz its errrr s format issue ffs :imp: :laughing:

I AINT CRIED THIS MUCH SINCE WILL’S AN KATE’S BIG DAY :laughing:

Cant you find address and post em a letter ■■

I spent 2 hours in library typing out a cv for some dull ■■■■■■■■ …

And when i saved it , all the columns moved and reduced my masterpiece to gibberish .

The librarian ended up in tears trying to fix it , and i lost my cool to the extent i forgot to get her number ( tiffany , skinny , glasses )

Now when i go in she runs off to cooking or yoga section .

Thanks a bunch bill gates :neutral_face:

boredwivdrivin:
Cant you find address and post em a letter ■■

I spent 2 hours in library typing out a cv for some dull [zb] …

And when i saved it , all the columns moved and reduced my masterpiece to gibberish .

The librarian ended up in tears trying to fix it , and i lost my cool to the extent i forgot to get her number ( tiffany , skinny , glasses )

Now when i go in she runs off to cooking or yoga section .

Thanks a bunch bill gates :neutral_face:

:laughing: :laughing:

Its proper infuriating, I mean why not just one bloody format for all, I mean I don’t have twenty pairs of lips lying around for when totem pole needs a bath, I have one set…(sadly :laughing: )…

Mind I’ve just answered me own question there ain’t I FFS, I give up :imp:

Yeah cheers BWD I’ve asked if they can send it via snail, or I’ll collect if preferred…guessing I be waiting till next week now :frowning:

I think that’s a gmail thing had same prob last year did it thru another a yahoo account sorted . It’s not a firm in Dover by any chance is it

Try this:

1. Open your Gmail account with your computer and save the DOC file to the computer.
  2. Download Apache Open Office openoffice.org (which is a free suite of “Office” type programs) to your computer.
  3. Open your DOC file using OpenOffice. It works with lots of different DOC type files and should almost cetainly open the file.
  4. You should be able to edit the form using OpenOffice, or alternatively print the form out and fill it in by hand, and post it back to them.

Good Luck!

grumpyoldfox:
Good Luck!

Legend will give it a go :sunglasses:

Thanks again fella’s real appreciate all your help :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

chester1:
I think that’s a gmail thing had same prob last year did it thru another a yahoo account sorted . It’s not a firm in Dover by any chance is it

Cheers mate will add that too the pile :laughing:

And no its for no one in Dover, but I appreciate the sly attempt… :laughing: :laughing:

Can you not go to there web site and download the application form from there.

My solution to computer problems is to introduce the computer to water. Lots of it! Never fixes the problem and has, I admit certain drawbacks, but by Christ it makes me feel better!