Any bikers on here info on 125cc wanted

i’m looking at trading in my 50 cc piaggio zip for a new 07 plate 125cc scooter
picture below

now being on L plates i know i cannot go on the motorway but when i pass my bike test could i take it on the motorway■■?

it’s a four stroke■■? what does that mean in english
sorry not thick but not technically minded

four stroke means it fires every forth stroke of the engine,as for the motorway,not sure but the training school or cbt will give you the answer.
best of luck.

I would say yes cos its over 50cc as long as you have a full bike licence

righto thanks would need to do a bike test surely that’s got be easier than the car test

Pretty sure you can ,as its over 50cc,and you have full entitlement i.e(not on L plates)
does’nt matter whether its 4 stroke or not.

If you are going to do you bike test, why the hell do you want that 125?
Why don’t you do the direct access course and get a proper bike…or are you going to lend it to your mum to do the shopping on? :laughing:

oops :blush:

Anything over a 50 is good for the motorway.

Don’t think having a full bike licence allows you to have provisional LGV entitlement. You need a full car licence.

Agree direct access is a good idea, but you have to be 21.

And I have an idea scaniaman is younger than that. :question: :confused:

(lucky git if he is!!) :lol

Good luck mate! :smiley:

he can go for the direct access but the bike has to be restricted to a certain BHP, i cant remeber what…so he could do the direct access & go buy a 600cc sports bike but have to get a restrictor kit fitted.

Darren:
he can go for the direct access but the bike has to be restricted to a certain BHP, i cant remeber what…so he could do the direct access & go buy a 600cc sports bike but have to get a restrictor kit fitted.

I think that is what’s called ‘Accelerated Access’.

You definitely have to be 21 for Direct Access.

Basically AA for 17-20, DA for 21+.

Either way, why would you want a POS like that 125?!

Tramper:
If you are going to do you bike test, why the hell do you want that 125?
.or are you going to lend it to your mum to do the shopping on? :laughing:

FPMSL :smiley: :smiley:

This is what you want son

and she’ll be for sale soon :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, forget the scooter, buy that one! Oh, and a rucksack and some wet wipes for your mum! :laughing:

scaniaman2006:
righto thanks would need to do a bike test surely that’s got be easier than the car test

As of 2008 the test is getting a bit tougher.
dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=405

The bike has to be restricted to 33BHP for 2 years if you need restriction, I,E. under 21.

If you are buying a 600 bike and having it restricted you might as well get an Aprilia 125 and have a bit of fun :smiley:

aprilia.com/upload/modelli/r … _00068.jpg

You have inlet / exhaust valves on a four stroke and a two stroke uses ports

Mind you as the rider is 36 and not 18 maybe the Direct Access is the best route

flying_fenman:
And I have an idea scaniaman is younger than that. :question: :confused:

(lucky git if he is!!) :lol

Good luck mate! :smiley:

flying fenman i owe you a beer i shall be 36 next birthday :unamused: :laughing:

bike monkey i’d never reach the floor with my feet on that i’m only 5’ 4

so i think a 125 will be ideal just enough speed to cope with better to arrive safe than to end up dead!!

as for kindle530’s suggestion that would be very interesting mum does not have a licence and is disabled

bikemonkey:
This is what you want son

and she’ll be for sale soon :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

The newer model is more ■■■■■■ :wink:

And could be the death of me :blush:
Luckily Ive got a zrx1200 to keep me sane.

B1 GGK:
The newer model is more ■■■■■■ :wink:

mine’s not a Gixxer :unamused:

And no the replacement sv1000 is NOT more ■■■■■■ even though it uses the old bulletproof engine off mine :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: