Another Theft....Birch Services Last night

Pay window only at the garage there at night. Tells you alot about the area

idrive:

Not the only thieves,the services take you money for nowt.No security at all.

That’s another reason why I like my work. My lorry is currently parked in a hospital car park for the night. Free parking and a security guard.

Also I’m happy sat in a wetherspoons over the road :sunglasses:

Drinking orange juice of course ? U don’t want to upset the do gooders on here :unamused: :laughing:

A mixed grill and a couple of orange juices :wink:

dafdave:

idrive:

Not the only thieves,the services take you money for nowt.No security at all.

But why do companies pay? Typical UK haulage paying for nothing yet happily paying to park and get robbed, The thieves that operate these MSA’s can’t take everyone to court , but of course that would require haulage companies to grow some and stick together and as we all know that ain’t never gonna happen

Why do people pay? They pay for parking not security, If I park my car when out shopping I have to pay but I get no security

mac12:
Why do people pay? They pay for parking not security, If I park my car when out shopping I have to pay but I get no security

Then more fool them for paying, the money that these places take in a night 6 lorries would cover the cost of a security man you’re just being ripped off plain and simple

Mazzer2:

mac12:

Then more fool them for paying, the money that these places take in a night 6 lorries would cover the cost of a security man you’re just being ripped off plain and simple

We know that.you know that.But where else you going to park all those trucks.There just is’nt enough decent secure parking.Hollies at cannock last week.Got in there at around half 7.And it was near on full up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

Mazzer2:

mac12:

We know that.you know that.But where else you going to park all those trucks.There just is’nt enough decent secure parking.Hollies at cannock last week.Got in there at around half 7.And it was near on full up.

I understand about the lack of parking in the UK But if you want something to change you have to do something, money talks refusal to pay until the site has a security guard would soon bring about some action. The RHA have no clout and generally aren’t interested in drivers welfare just big business so if firms refused to pay and stated in court (if it went that far) as to why they are refusing to pay then maybe some action might be taken, but to just keep paying not only for the parking, the damage the thieves cause plus the loss of goods just seems stupid

Why stay at that dump . Heywood just up the road

alexjohnclarke:
Why stay at that dump . Heywood just up the road

According to a group on FB, he tried to get on there but it was full ?

Can`t see it myself, that site is massive and they bend over backwards to get you in somewhere :open_mouth:

ive told out lot if im parking on any services because of accident with a high value load they better send someone to get it as ill not pay for parking till morning knowing the load is safe,thats if firm have not collected it if not ill go in with photos and ask for police to be called and ill not be paying at all at any time.firm can sort it all out if they get a ticket

daftvader:

Mazzer2:

mac12:

Near on full at that time? Your lucky then. I’ve been there and on more than one occasion and at 6pm there’s been trucks doing laps and laps of the place in hope of a space to only then go back out onto the A5.

mrginge:

A mixed grill?
What if you have a heart attack and end up crashing the 44t killing machine you’re in charge of?
You’re a downright danger to other innocent road users and should act more responsible.
I hope youre at least going to wait a minimum of 12 hours before you drive to ensure there are no health implications

thunder367:
ive told out lot if im parking on any services because of accident with a high value load they better send someone to get it as ill not pay for parking till morning knowing the load is safe,thats if firm have not collected it if not ill go in with photos and ask for police to be called and ill not be paying at all at any time.firm can sort it all out if they get a ticket

Does your company not reimburse you when you park at any services?

The company can advise you where they want you to park and which „areas/services/truck stops“ are safe parking in their eyes.
If you can’t get there due to unforeseen events, let them deal with it.

I don’t understand why you want to call the police and take photos.
If your load gets nicked, well it’s not nice for the company but that’s what they’re insured for. Be happy if you don’t get harmed in a robbery/load theft.

I know there’s places in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Germany which are secured parking I.e high fence, access only by security through electric gates, regular patrols, lots of light during the night, CCTV, registration by security etc.
Never seen something like that for HGV‘s in the UK.

Tipperdipper1:

thunder367:

Does your company not reimburse you when you park at any services?

The company can advise you where they want you to park and which „areas/services/truck stops“ are safe parking in their eyes.
If you can’t get there due to unforeseen events, let them deal with it.

I don’t understand why you want to call the police and take photos.
If your load gets nicked, well it’s not nice for the company but that’s what they’re insured for. Be happy if you don’t get harmed in a robbery/load theft.

I know there’s places in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Germany which are secured parking I.e high fence, access only by security through electric gates, regular patrols, lots of light during the night, CCTV, registration by security etc.
Never seen something like that for HGV‘s in the UK.

I’m just back from a pickup in Belgium and parked up at Lokeren for the night. Fenced in with cameras and only costs €1 an hour. Big restaurant next to it, free showers, and plenty of space. Just shows how much we are being ripped off over here. Loads of free or cheap parking available on the continent.

mrginge:

I though Thursday was curry night at Wetherspoons?

Mazzer2:
I understand about the lack of parking in the UK But if you want something to change you have to do something, money talks refusal to pay until the site has a security guard would soon bring about some action.

Not at MSAs. They want rid of trucks altogether as can be seen by how many spaces have been lost when they refurbish the parking areas at places like Strensham Southbound. Us not paying would be ammunition to them to get rid of the truck parking or reduce it down to a handful of spaces so they can say they’re providing some.