Another Theft....Birch Services Last night

Conor:

Mazzer2:
I understand about the lack of parking in the UK But if you want something to change you have to do something, money talks refusal to pay until the site has a security guard would soon bring about some action.

Not at MSAs. They want rid of trucks altogether as can be seen by how many spaces have been lost when they refurbish the parking areas at places like Strensham Southbound. Us not paying would be ammunition to them to get rid of the truck parking or reduce it down to a handful of spaces so they can say they’re providing some.

And so in the time honoured tradition of the UK haulage whenever anyone sets about turning them over they just bend over and take it, yet in the next breath complaining about a driver shortage who says turkeys don’t vote for christmas

DickyNick:

daftvader:

Mazzer2:

mac12:
Why do people pay? They pay for parking not security, If I park my car when out shopping I have to pay but I get no security

Then more fool them for paying, the money that these places take in a night 6 lorries would cover the cost of a security man you’re just being ripped off plain and simple

We know that.you know that.But where else you going to park all those trucks.There just is’nt enough decent secure parking.Hollies at cannock last week.Got in there at around half 7.And it was near on full up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Near on full at that time? Your lucky then. I’ve been there and on more than one occasion and at 6pm there’s been trucks doing laps and laps of the place in hope of a space to only then go back out onto the A5.

Yeah i was surprised too.Was about 4 spaces left right at the front.

madmackem:

Tipperdipper1:

thunder367:
ive told out lot if im parking on any services because of accident with a high value load they better send someone to get it as ill not pay for parking till morning knowing the load is safe,thats if firm have not collected it if not ill go in with photos and ask for police to be called and ill not be paying at all at any time.firm can sort it all out if they get a ticket

Does your company not reimburse you when you park at any services?

The company can advise you where they want you to park and which „areas/services/truck stops“ are safe parking in their eyes.
If you can’t get there due to unforeseen events, let them deal with it.

I don’t understand why you want to call the police and take photos.
If your load gets nicked, well it’s not nice for the company but that’s what they’re insured for. Be happy if you don’t get harmed in a robbery/load theft.

I know there’s places in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Germany which are secured parking I.e high fence, access only by security through electric gates, regular patrols, lots of light during the night, CCTV, registration by security etc.
Never seen something like that for HGV‘s in the UK.

I’m just back from a pickup in Belgium and parked up at Lokeren for the night. Fenced in with cameras and only costs €1 an hour. Big restaurant next to it, free showers, and plenty of space. Just shows how much we are being ripped off over here. Loads of free or cheap parking available on the continent.

Yeah that’s what a truckstop should be like.And like you say.€1 an hour is a fair price.

daftvader:

madmackem:

Tipperdipper1:

thunder367:
ive told out lot if im parking on any services because of accident with a high value load they better send someone to get it as ill not pay for parking till morning knowing the load is safe,thats if firm have not collected it if not ill go in with photos and ask for police to be called and ill not be paying at all at any time.firm can sort it all out if they get a ticket

Does your company not reimburse you when you park at any services?

The company can advise you where they want you to park and which „areas/services/truck stops“ are safe parking in their eyes.
If you can’t get there due to unforeseen events, let them deal with it.

I don’t understand why you want to call the police and take photos.
If your load gets nicked, well it’s not nice for the company but that’s what they’re insured for. Be happy if you don’t get harmed in a robbery/load theft.

I know there’s places in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Germany which are secured parking I.e high fence, access only by security through electric gates, regular patrols, lots of light during the night, CCTV, registration by security etc.
Never seen something like that for HGV‘s in the UK.

I’m just back from a pickup in Belgium and parked up at Lokeren for the night. Fenced in with cameras and only costs €1 an hour. Big restaurant next to it, free showers, and plenty of space. Just shows how much we are being ripped off over here. Loads of free or cheap parking available on the continent.

Yeah that’s what a truckstop should be like.And like you say.€1 an hour is a fair price.

Lymm when it first open, also all the BP truck stops were secure, then the accountants said not profitable enough, so we’re now at sweet face.

mac12:
Why do people pay? They pay for parking not security, If I park my car when out shopping I have to pay but I get no security

Spot on.

Mazzer2:
But why do companies pay? Typical UK haulage paying for nothing yet happily paying to park and get robbed, The thieves that operate these MSA’s can’t take everyone to court , but of course that would require haulage companies to grow some and stick together and as we all know that ain’t never gonna happen

Why do people pay for their haulage ?
The MSA’s don’t take anyone to court.
They subcontract the ‘parking enforcement’ out to Parking eye/Crapita, etc.
Like Tesco’s subby haulage out.

daftvader:

Mazzer2:

mac12:

Then more fool them for paying, the money that these places take in a night 6 lorries would cover the cost of a security man you’re just being ripped off plain and simple

We know that.you know that.But where else you going to park all those trucks.There just is’nt enough decent secure parking.Hollies at cannock last week.Got in there at around half 7.And it was near on full up.

To help you sleep at night have a read of this 2018 government sponsored report :wink:
assets.publishing.service.gov.u … report.pdf

Worth a thread of it’s own if not already been posted ?

speedyguy:

mac12:

Spot on.

Mazzer2:
But why do companies pay? Typical UK haulage paying for nothing yet happily paying to park and get robbed, The thieves that operate these MSA’s can’t take everyone to court , but of course that would require haulage companies to grow some and stick together and as we all know that ain’t never gonna happen

Why do people pay for their haulage ?
The MSA’s don’t take anyone to court.
They subcontract the ‘parking enforcement’ out to Parking eye/Crapita, etc.
Like Tesco’s subby haulage out.

I know the parking is subbied out which is why it is so easy for the MSA’s to wash their hands of any problem however any legal action would hopefully shine a light on the fact that the service they provide is utter crap

Mazzer2:
however any legal action would hopefully shine a light on the fact that the service they provide is utter crap

Eh, any legal action would show nothing except that you have wasted your money on legal fees and they provide anything and everything they have to which is not a gated secure compound.

speedyguy:

Mazzer2:
however any legal action would hopefully shine a light on the fact that the service they provide is utter crap

Eh, any legal action would show nothing except that you have wasted your money on legal fees and they provide anything and everything they have to which is not a gated secure compound.

I won’t be losing a penny as I don’t pay whenever I use them and have had no comebacks, the point I’m trying to make is that compared to the rest of Europe the service that hauliers are being charged for is crap yet no one seems to want to do anything about it.

Mazzer2:

speedyguy:

Mazzer2:

I won’t be losing a penny as I don’t pay whenever I use them and have had no comebacks, the point I’m trying to make is that compared to the rest of Europe the service that hauliers are being charged for is crap yet no one seems to want to do anything about it.

Look on the bright side you don’t have to pay road tolls here yet, (M6T excepted) to use the “free” services :slight_smile:

I look forward to your ‘customers’ not paying you for providing a service :wink:

I’d sooner drink ■■■■,than park at birch.
I’ve never known Heywood to be full…it’s massive.

commonrail:
I’d sooner drink ■■■■,than park at birch.

I’d sooner drink ■■■■ than park at ANY msa.
Only good for a 45, using the khazi, a shower and grabbing a MaccyD/Gregg’s latte. :bulb:

+1

speedyguy:

Mazzer2:

speedyguy:

Mazzer2:

Look on the bright side you don’t have to pay road tolls here yet, (M6T excepted) to use the “free” services :slight_smile:

I look forward to your ‘customers’ not paying you for providing a service :wink:

All of our customers pay because we provide a fit and proper service where their goods arrive undamaged and in the same state that they were loaded in unlike entering an MSA fully loaded and undamaged to then leave half empty and with hundreds of pounds of damage :smiley:

Mazzer2:
All of our customers pay because we provide a fit and proper service where their goods arrive undamaged and in the same state that they were loaded in unlike entering an MSA fully loaded and undamaged to then leave half empty and with hundreds of pounds of damage :smiley:

It’s a parking area not a secure truckpark :bulb:
If MSA’s were used for their original purpose (to take a break) not overnight parking the problem wouldn’t exist/exist elsewhere at all the truckparks that have closed down (as drivers didn’t want to pay?). The haulage industry has changed over the years but the overnighting infrastructure doesn’t seem to have kept up.

Our trucks were broken into/fuel emptied etc in what were pretty secure compounds gated and barbed wire etc but heyho we didn’t pay.

At the end of the day the only people responsible are thieving scum who should have their hands chopped off or the ‘Tony Martin solution’ but that’s another argument.

speedyguy:

Mazzer2:

It’s a parking area not a secure truckpark :bulb:
If MSA’s were used for their original purpose (to take a break) not overnight parking the problem wouldn’t exist/exist elsewhere at all the truckparks that have closed down (as drivers didn’t want to pay?). The haulage industry has changed over the years but the overnighting infrastructure doesn’t seem to have kept up.

Our trucks were broken into/fuel emptied etc in what were pretty secure compounds gated and barbed wire etc but heyho we didn’t pay.

At the end of the day the only people responsible are thieving scum who should have their hands chopped off or the ‘Tony Martin solution’ but that’s another argument.

In response to drivers didn’t want to pay at truck parks I will happily pay to use a truck stop as they provide a service worth paying for and the ones where theft occurs I don’t use. I will not pay to park in an MSA due to it’s lack of facilities and extortionate prices