Another rant at waiting to get tipped

So I’m at a place this morning, booking time 5am and it’s Saturday so I want to get home.

Had my 9 off last night and got here as soon as I could, which was 04:55. So, on time.

Walk in the goods in office. “Bay 21 please drive, you might have a wait though because it’s shift changeover time now”. It’s now 06:00 and my light is still on green.

So what’s the blooooody point in booking me in for 05:00 if your shift changeover time is at 05:00!!!

Is this is a case of some clueless office staff who handles bookings doesn’t actually know what times the warehouse staff work on various shifts?

On the plus side their coffee machine is free, so the longer they keep me sat here the more of their coffee I’ll drink!

think of the overtime!..that’s what i do on a saturday :smiley:

carryfast-yeti:

Yep that’s what I’m thinking of as I drive in the peeing rain to Hull then back to Southampton , currently at Trowel services taking 15

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

carryfast-yeti:

Yep that’s what I’m thinking of as I drive in the peeing rain to Hull then back to Southampton , currently at Trowel services taking 15

then you’ve got the A34 to look forward to :frowning:

Are you sure its not been red and is now back to green to signal you can go?

blue estate:

carryfast-yeti:

Hull’s a great place. City of culture don’t you know! (That’s not the sort of culture that grows on your sandwich!)

Captain Caveman 76:

blue estate:

carryfast-yeti:

Hull’s a great place. City of culture don’t you know! (That’s not the sort of culture that grows on your sandwich!)

Hull is a ■■■■■■■■■ It’s as much as a ■■■■■■■■ as Grimsby but bigger.

I lived in Hull for 14 years and came to the conclusion that only folks from Hull think it’s great.

goshow:

Captain Caveman 76:

blue estate:

carryfast-yeti:

Hull is a [zb]. It’s as much as a [zb] as Grimsby but bigger.

I lived in Hull for 14 years and came to the conclusion that only folks from Hull think it’s great.

Hull is a S hole !
Now in a lay by on A63 having tea and toast

blue estate:

That is the best part of Hull, the A63 out of it.

goshow:

blue estate:

That is the best part of Hull, the A63 out of it.

Yep and the fact it’s all time and half today [emoji6]
Gonna see if I can get to forest services or Watford gap for next break but that’s up to my bladder [emoji33]

It’s your own fault for not listening at school ;-(

The-Snowman:

Yeah it’s been green then red and back to green and I was just sat there for a few extra hours pay haha.

No, I’m sure. It was still green until well after the time of posting!

Rowley010:

The-Snowman:

Yeah it’s been green then red and back to green and I was just sat there for a few extra hours pay haha.

No, I’m sure. It was still green until well after the time of posting!

Its easy done
Im speaking from experience! :blush:

The-Snowman:
It’s easy done
I’m speaking from experience! :blush:

I’m sure Chester wouldn’t agree… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
He’d be questioning your competence and observation as a truck driver and whether you’re safe on the roads. :unamused:

Captain Caveman 76:

blue estate:

carryfast-yeti:

Plus the home of our favourite road rager Ronnie " you know who I am?" Pickering :laughing:

goshow:
Hull is a [zb]. It’s as much as a [zb] as Grimsby but bigger.

It doesn’t matter what the weather is like anywhere else, the closer you get to Grimsby, the grimmer and greyer it gets.

Immingham seems to be in greyscale, colour comes back around the bridge over the Trent.

A.

Well at lovely Northampton having 45 then the real fun the A34

Hmmnn. Northampton services, is that the one where you come off the roundabout and there is a small ‘yard’ on the right for HGV’s before you get to the actual services?

And the only bloody spot available from about 10 is the hardest blindside in the world??

eagerbeaver:
Hmmnn. Northampton services, is that the one where you come off the roundabout and there is a small ‘yard’ on the right for HGV’s before you get to the actual services?

And the only bloody spot available from about 10 is the hardest blindside in the world??

Nope the first tucked back lay by before the A5 roundabout
Just me and a flip flop on a weekly