Another rant at waiting to get tipped

I usually just run back up loaded to depot on a Saturday, but this morning I had a 11 am booking at Samelsbury, arrived at 8am on a chancer.

Booked in, the guy says ‘‘you aint booked in to 11 you could have a long wait’’ (nobody in front of me btw)

I was a bit ■■■■■■ with that, as I wanted to get home, but I used the age old trucker psychology trick (again) and said
‘‘No bother mate, I’m on time and a half today anyway just give me a knock when you are ready’’…(I aint btw :smiling_imp: )

You guessed it …5 mins later got a knock, tipped and out within half an hour.
Why do they do that? :unamused:

Didnt work for me last friday when I spent 9 hours on the bay at Bibby Corby! Booked at 0700, arived 0630, on the bay and keys in at 0645 first pallet off at 1520!
Kept everyone informed by text hourly until 1030, stay with it I’m told and spent the rest of the time examining the insides of my eyelids.

Were you at InBev Rob?

blue estate:
Hull is a S hole !

They only built Hull so places like Leicester and Grimsby didn’t feel so bad

eagerbeaver:
Were you at InBev Rob?

Yeh. Why, were you?

Got told to change my shorts for trousers :unamused: didn’t argue as it was Saturday, just smiled and gritted my teeth.
Didn’t realise my legs were that offensive. :smiley:

If you’re a sinner go to Hull! :open_mouth:

Hell will be a breeze after that experience! :laughing:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:
Were you at InBev Rob?

Yeh. Why, were you?

Got told to change my shorts for trousers :unamused: didn’t argue as it was Saturday, just smiled and gritted my teeth.

FFS you two, I fancy a beer now! :frowning:

Sitting at home now with pizza in oven and a nice cuppa , only one fly in ointment turbo hose on car is split :imp:
driven 722km today

robroy:

Because they are ‘Ladies Private Parts’ [emoji6]

martinviking:

robroy:

Because they are ‘Ladies Private Parts’ [emoji6]

What’s the hoover, sink and washing machine got to do with this? :open_mouth:

Adonis.:

goshow:
Hull is a [zb]. It’s as much as a [zb] as Grimsby but bigger.

I lived in Hull for 14 years and came to the conclusion that only folks from Hull think it’s great.

It doesn’t matter what the weather is like anywhere else, the closer you get to Grimsby, the grimmer and greyer it gets.

Immingham seems to be in greyscale, colour comes back around the bridge over the Trent.

A.

I thoroughly agree, as most folks from Grimsby will. It’s just that folks form Hull always harp on about how great it is and how crap Grimsby is. Neither are great, they’re both crap and horrible places.

There’s an easy cure for it. Take whoever it is aside and in a whisper tell them that work have had to call you in especially because today is actually your day off, and so you’re stinging work for £30 per hour. So, you’d be very grateful if they really take their time.

You’ll be out of there so fast your head will spin!

Evil8Beezle:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:
Were you at InBev Rob?

Yeh. Why, were you?

Just having a couple now while watching The Toon beat Derby at half time. :sunglasses:

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:
Were you at InBev Rob?

Yeh. Why, were you?

Just having a couple now while watching The Toon beat Derby at half time. :sunglasses:

Good for you mate! :smiley:
I don’t know how my teams got on today, I’m waiting for Match of the Day as they cover the Premiership! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:
Were you at InBev Rob?

Yeh. Why, were you?

I also go into InBev…and now I also fancy a beer so thanks for that :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
I don’t know how my teams got on today, I’m waiting for Match of the Day as they cover the Premiership! :wink:

You should watch some Championship matches mate, if only to weigh up Southampton’s opposition next season… with that new manager they have.
Will be watching MOTD myself next season. :sunglasses:

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

You should watch some Championship matches mate, if only to weigh up Southampton’s opposition next season… with that new manager they have.
Will be watching MOTD myself next season. :sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
You’re probably right with Saints! They can’t keep losing managers and players and keep performing, it’s going to go ■■■■ at some point.
Lucky for me I was Bournemouth born so can take my pick, assuming they don’t both go down! :open_mouth:
Not that I’ll really be that bothered, never paid a penny to watch either one of em…

My team got horsed 5-1 today. I dont drink but theres a bottle of famous grouse in the corner shop looking like a good bet for this evening! :laughing:

I was there yesterday making a nuisance of myself Rob. They were desperate for tall Budweiser glass bottles, apparently production had stopped and a manager asked me if I could unstrap one of my pallets asap so that they could crack on.(I had 26p on from Encirc).

The wagon was parked next to the pallets where you wait for a loading bay, so I unfastened my curtain at the back, removed the two pallets and airbags, and unstrapped the rearmost pallet. I was stood next to the manager when he asked the forkie to get it.

Forkie turned round and said he can’t because the truck is not in an unloading bay. I decided to suggest to the forkie that he was a jobsworth, and that there was no difference between 30 feet in the direction of my truck compared to 30 feet away in a loading/unloading marked area. Mr Forklift then asked me if I knew what it was like to transport a pallet of glass bottles with a FLT.

Helmet was a bit gutted when I replied " yes mate, it was my previous job ". I then suggested that bone idle knobs who were terrified of losing their job were a real problem in this country. The manager at this point suggested that as a bay had now come available, I could get in it. Mr Forklift agreed as the manager gave me a knowing nod.

I reckon I am now his favourite driver…

eagerbeaver:
I was there yesterday making a nuisance of myself Rob. They were desperate for tall Budweiser glass bottles, apparently production had stopped and a manager asked me if I could unstrap one of my pallets asap so that they could crack on.(I had 26p on from Encirc).

The wagon was parked next to the pallets where you wait for a loading bay, so I unfastened my curtain at the back, removed the two pallets and airbags, and unstrapped the rearmost pallet. I was stood next to the manager when he asked the forkie to get it.

Forkie turned round and said he can’t because the truck is not in an unloading bay. I decided to suggest to the forkie that he was a jobsworth, and that there was no difference between 30 feet in the direction of my truck compared to 30 feet away in a loading/unloading marked area. Mr Forklift then asked me if I knew what it was like to transport a pallet of glass bottles with a FLT.

Helmet was a bit gutted when I replied " yes mate, it was my previous job ". I then suggested that bone idle knobs who were terrified of losing their job were a real problem in this country. The manager at this point suggested that as a bay had now come available, I could get in it. Mr Forklift agreed as the manager gave me a knowing nod.

I reckon I am now his favourite driver…

What, you used to drive a FLT and were an internal back support? :open_mouth:
Nah, I don’t believe you! :laughing: