Another Parked Lorry Accident

Harry Monk:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Harry Monk:
No need to involve the Police or judicial system here, after just two posts on TruckNet we know exactly how it happened and what the penalty should be. :wink:

:laughing: yeah but come on Harry, of course it’s the bin drivers fault.

So the dustcart’s brakes were working perfectly when you and VOSA inspected them? :wink:

Oh never mind, someone get a rope and find a tree, the driver had a fair trial here and he should face the music! :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: Yes the brakes are working fine because if they weren’t, then the driver would have spotted this when he was doing a brake test as part of his daily checks before he took the lorry out on the public highway :wink:

al_P:
happened last night to a stobarts one on pimbo ind estate in skelmersdale , just drove into the back of a parked lorry .

them 15 hours stobby shifts are a ■■■■■,made a few balls up myself when there half asleep but luckily fate was on my side.

Its white its big ! bleedin hell …if you cant see that you should be a stand in for clarence ! :confused:

The Judge,the prosecuting QC and the Jury are all on this thread.

switchlogic:
Hanging is too good IMO

Totally agree, :wink:
Public beheading is the only way, but only if the person Wielding the axe is a driver who has never made a mistake.

Very little damage to the trailer, wouldn’t guess the two vehicles has been in the same accident.

muckles:

switchlogic:
Hanging is too good IMO

Public beheading is the only way, but only if the person Wielding the axe is a driver who has never made a mistake.

Then whom would wield the axe my friend…whom?

:wink:

Weird Stig:

muckles:

switchlogic:
Hanging is too good IMO

Well I can honestly say it won’t be me. :wink:

I hope the firm who are recovering the bin wagon told the council they only go down that street once every two weeks, and that they’ll need the truck putting in the correct position to be recovered or they’ll just leave it.

TerryDactyl.:
I hope the firm who are recovering the bin wagon told the council they only go down that street once every two weeks, and that they’ll need the truck putting in the correct position to be recovered or they’ll just leave it.

:laughing:

Geeeesh that Stobs unit looks flat, anyone know at least if the drivers etc were ok then ■■

Sorry if im being thick but whats happend to the top of the trailer on the stobarts wagon?

As above hope the driver was ok

TTX boy:
you dont need to leave lights on in a 30 mph zone.

oh yes you do

Weird Stig:

muckles:

switchlogic:
Hanging is too good IMO

Me, it’s well known I’m Europes finest driver. I never make mistakes…

muckles:

switchlogic:
Hanging is too good IMO

Public beheading is the only way…

Beheading is far too quick. The driver should be beaten and then burnt alive and the whole thing should be televised live on Channel 5 so everybody can enjoy it. :smiley:

switchlogic:

Weird Stig:

muckles:

switchlogic:
Hanging is too good IMO

Well maybe, :smiley: but at least you drive Europe’s finest truck, (please note, this is the view of the poster and should be taken as such) so sharpen that axe you’re about as close as we’re going to get. :wink:

Oh! By the way does Public Beheading for motoring offenses sit well with your pinko lefty views? :open_mouth:

muckles:

switchlogic:

Weird Stig:

muckles:

switchlogic:
Hanging is too good IMO

Well maybe, :smiley: but at least you drive Europe’s finest truck, so sharpen that axe you’re about as close as we’re going to get. :wink:

Oh! By the way does Public Beheading for motoring offenses sit well with your pinko lefty views? :open_mouth:

Don’t forget get you go far enough left you’re in Stalin and Mao territory…

switchlogic:

muckles:

switchlogic:

Weird Stig:

muckles:

switchlogic:
Hanging is too good IMO

Well maybe, :smiley: but at least you drive Europe’s finest truck, so sharpen that axe you’re about as close as we’re going to get. :wink:

Don’t forget get you go far enough left you’re in Stalin and Mao territory…

I see your politics are very similar to mine. After the revolution when I come to power, I shall promote freedom of speech and thought, provided the people say what I what them to say and think what I want them to think. :laughing:

The rest are up against the wall. :imp:

One thing for sure they’ll be a lot of work for bricklayers in my new state, as it’s going to be a very long wall. :laughing:

Harry Monk:

TTX boy:
you dont need to leave lights on in a 30 mph zone.

In fact, the law is the complete and total opposite to that, you only have to leave your lights on if you are parked in a 30mph zone.

Sorry Harry, think you got that wrong: (my bold highlighting)
(and TTX boy should know better if an HGV driver)

You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space. Laws CUR reg 101 & RVLR reg 24
All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph (48 km/h).
Law RVLR reg 24
Cars, goods vehicles not exceeding 1525 kg unladen weight, invalid carriages, motorcycles and pedal cycles may be parked without lights on a road (or lay-by) with a speed limit of 30 mph (48 km/h) or less if they are
at least 10 metres (32 feet) away from any junction, close to the kerb and facing in the direction of the traffic flow
in a recognised parking place or lay-by.
Other vehicles and trailers, and all vehicles with projecting loads, MUST NOT be left on a road at night without lights.
Laws RVLR reg 24 & CUR reg 82(7)

I saw a ‘parked-up-ready-to-happen’ near miss on the A48 just west of the filling station at Caxton Gibbet earlier on this week, A 360 shovel/digger on a low loader with the tracks overhanging the trailer by about 18 inches each side. Skinny little lay-by, unlit, and definitely overhanging the road. Only just managed to scrape by…