Another Parked Lorry Accident

This happened this morning on an ind. estate, not far from where i live …

cambstimes.co.uk/news/update … _1_1806600

1365382654[1].jpg

Some one wants to look where there driving , probably busy rolling a roll up , all bin drivers smoke rolleys …

:laughing: hope they are alright but the driver should have his license taken away forever.

No need to involve the Police or judicial system here, after just two posts on TruckNet we know exactly how it happened and what the penalty should be. :wink:

Hanging is too good IMO

Haven’t heard from Boss & Driver much these days. I DO hope he is OK out there…

I bet the parked lorry driver will get clobbered too if he didn’t have lights on. Not that there’s many excuses for hitting a parked vehicle anyway. Heart attack maybe - I don’t suppose we will ever have the full story.

think the driver should’ve been sent to specsavers :smiley:

should also have his licence taken away for failure to spot a £$%^%^ parked truck - doh :unamused:

Concentrate drive! :unamused: :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

Harry Monk:
No need to involve the Police or judicial system here, after just two posts on TruckNet we know exactly how it happened and what the penalty should be. :wink:

Yep,Harry, hung drawn. And quarted by trucknet.

Harry Monk:

:laughing: yeah but come on Harry, of course it’s the bin drivers fault.

Hold on chaps new evidence …

The bin driver was quoted saying

" I was parked up making a rolley when I looked up and there was a truck speeding towards me in reverse, bloody foreign lorry drivers I serpose at least he was on the right side of the road , I was in so much shock i need anther Stella "

^^^^^^this^^^^^^ :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

This is a regular spot for trucks to park overnight,no lights and some even park facing oncoming traffic.
The bin lorries know this and pass them every morning. Normally flat out from depot.
Bet Hall’s driver gets done for no lights.

you dont need to leave lights on in a 30 mph zone.

happened last night to a stobarts one on pimbo ind estate in skelmersdale , just drove into the back of a parked lorry .

FarnboroughBoy11:

Harry Monk:

:laughing: yeah but come on Harry, of course it’s the bin drivers fault.

So the dustcart’s brakes were working perfectly when you and VOSA inspected them? :wink:

Oh never mind, someone get a rope and find a tree, the driver had a fair trial here and he should face the music! :stuck_out_tongue:

it wont matter if the duscarts brakes were working or not, in all my time repairing trucks i have never seen the the brakes and steering both pack up at the same time!

TTX boy:

I’m not sure about that one. I think that only applies to cars and light vehicles - think anything over a certain weight, or with a trailer has to have lights on any road during darkness. Sure someone will correct that if not accurate…

TTX boy:

In fact, the law is the complete and total opposite to that, you only have to leave your lights on if you are parked in a 30mph zone.