Another one stuck

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/PICTURES-Articulated-lorry-completely-stuck/story-17628253-detail/story.html

Polish registered or not, should of seen this sign. Google Maps

Lee Moor is also clearly signposted for hgvs from the A38 and A386 so no excuse really.

At least a foreign firm will be spending a few quid while over here for once :laughing: , gonna cost a few pound getting that out of there :laughing:

He’s done well to get that in there, what a [zb]

Didn’t he do well.

:open_mouth:

Not been funny sat nav or no sat nav or whatever nationality you are there comes a point where you have to say its not going to fit.
A couple of weeks back I got a job on to a farm looked it up on google maps looked a bit dodgy in the picture so called the farm to confirm.

It says that he managed to burn the clutch out with an empty trailer on !
What a star.

Wot a ■■■■■…get the cutting torch out !

kr79:
Not been funny sat nav or no sat nav or whatever nationality you are there comes a point where you have to say its not going to fit.
A couple of weeks back I got a job on to a farm looked it up on google maps looked a bit dodgy in the picture so called the farm to confirm.

Exactly KR. We’ve all got to a point where we make sure we can turn round or back up. I’d have got out and had a look up the road long before I got to that point regardless of what country I was in!!! :neutral_face:

How would you recover that? Doubt a crane would venture out to that! Unhook then just drag it arse end out with the legs down? Will cause a lot of damage, who’d be a recovery driver eh :laughing:

Helicopter time :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Stobart flight tours might help him out :blush:

He slid and became stuck? definitely agency :smiley:

The driver said the clutch had failed…oh yeah I forgot that having a dodgy clutch makes you drive down a tiny lane :unamused:
1st class muppetry!

Essexboy:
The driver said the clutch had failed…oh yeah I forgot that having a dodgy clutch makes you drive down a tiny lane :unamused:
1st class muppetry!

Unless he,s burnt clutch out trying to get out?. :frowning:
regards dave.

kr79:

I always try and google map and street view everywhere I go for the first time. I have to admit though, there have been times in the past when I’ve turned down a road that looked perfectly fine, only to round several bends to then discover a road that didn’t look too disimilar to the one in this newspaper article. I think we’ve all had a few bottom twitching moments as drivers. Like you say, there comes a point where you wouldn’t bother even trying to continue any further. I once had a VERY close shave near Bonnybridge in Scotland when I missed my turn and carried straight on, oblivous to the fact until it was too late and I was almost wedged into a country lane with trees both sides and all sorts of things that dont allow for an easy passage for a truck. In the end it proved easier carrying on and trimming the tree’s and bushes for the council free of charge as reversing around the 90 degree bends further back on the lane with a ditch behind one of them, on my blind side just wasn’t going to happen! The worst of it was, I wasn’t even following my satnav, I thought I knew best as the correct road it did want to send me down looked like it just dead ended in a council estate so I followed the main road straight past. I learnt my lesson that day!

Looks like somebodys nicked his n/s light lenses aswell :slight_smile:

follow the rd on google,at first it looks ok then i does narrow down a lot.
if a firm is on that road surely they should give instructions as to which end to approach from,
we have that alot…one road but firm is a one end and paper maps /satnav says its ok to go full length when it really isn’t.
When will we we get someone in the office or their office to realise that sometimes a “truck” is bigger than a 7.5 tonner. :unamused:
same as when you get an address to del to.it always is the reception addy on such a road ,not the goods in addy on another road.
Not always drivers fault whether British or Foreign.
How many of you will admit to the odd mistake cos i have made a few. :blush:

gezt:
Not always drivers fault whether British or Foreign.
How many of you will admit to the odd mistake cos i have made a few. :blush:

Ditto.

I put my hands up I’ve made loads of balls ups getting to places…you should see some of the pubs etc we go to with 3663 you wouldn’t think you can get a truck in!
I always phone ahead if I’m sitting at the end of a road that looks too tight. And the nav says go down there to the drop as nearly always there is a better way in.
It’s happened to us all at some point…we are all human after all. :sunglasses:

welcome to devon &cornwall some of the places we are expected to deliver to are unbeleivable :open_mouth: i google map any new drops that look dodgy or ring the customer , this is sometimes usless as when they ask what size wagon you have & you say 6wheeler flat . they say yea no problem , when u turn up with half the hedge hanging off every corner they say " oh i didnt think it was that long weve had mixers up here !! " :imp: