Another one stuck

It went in so it will come out even if is the same way being dragged !

Kerbdog:
It went in so it will come out even if is the same way being dragged !

ere ere !!

mexicostids:
welcome to devon &cornwall some of the places we are expected to deliver to are unbeleivable

This!

mike68:
He slid and became stuck? definitely agency :smiley:

I’d say opposite, probably been working for a company for a while and got complacent and taking everything for granted if he was an experienced agency driver he would be on the ball :wink:

This is where he is!
maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=New+Ro … 6,0,10.11
Its gona be tight :laughing:

Gembo:
This is where he is!
maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=New+Ro … 6,0,10.11
Its gona be tight :laughing:

If that’s the new road, I wouldn’t want to see the old one!

“We’ve had bigger than that in here drive.”

Ken.

Fair enough, he chose to ignore signs about the road being unsuitable,but give him some credit for throwing the towel in at that junction.Getting that far on a blind side reverse took some doing.If his clutch had survived do you think he’d have got it turned round?

i think it was the truck that threw in the towell

OK, I am by no means perfect here but JESUS ■■■■■■■ H CHRIST. It takes a tard of the highest order to get that stuck!

It also takes a tard with a flashing blue light of the highest order not to realise within seconds that some form of recovery will be needed. It took them fifteen and a half hours to call the recovery. Being fair, that is from the time they arrived but come on!

The article said;

A recovery vehicle was unable to pull out the lorry at 3am yesterday

Perhaps if the recovery bloke pulled the fifth wheel, and tried to drag out the 7ish tons of unit, he might have had better luck getting the four of five ish tons of trailer out. I doubt the recovery firms will have sent a proper heavy wrecker in there, they would have never gotten it out again.

Ok so anyone who has never ever ever done something a bit silly/stupid whilst driving a truck .own up. :wink:
Think about it , if some of you guys go across the water for the 1st or several times it’s still bum twitching times for you.
Anyone who goes over regular will tell you they have to really have their wits about them or they could end up in a similar situation.not due to lack of experience or driver skills but due to different signage/language etc .
Give the guy a break, at least he is working and trying to earn a living rather than sponging off the state.
After 43 years on the road i still make an error or two now an then :unamused: and i am still learning.

He isnt the first foreign artic to get stuck down around there. Another driver got stuck for 4 nights I believe a couple of years ago. They are usually heading for the Lee Moor China clay works, but Im guessing they dont understand or see the road signs or just ignore and follow sat nav which will take you through the tiny back lanes.
Even if this driver had got around the T junction, he would never have got to his destination, as there is a bridge a bit further along, which is 7ft wide, hence the reason there is a 7ft wide restriction prohibition sign and a 7.5 tonne restriction sign at the beginning of this lane!
Its not just foreigners that have got stuck down there though,we had an agency chap in driving a rigid, and managed to get stuck down there. Dont know why he was down there though as we dont have any drops near there, I can only assume he put the wrong postcode into his satnav.