Another old north west haulier goes bust

sadly e.l.w. wharehousing darwen. formerley r. maudsley &sons. blackburn.went into recievership this week 19/04/2011 with the loss of 60 jobs.things are getting worse,it appears that only the big boys will survive. :cry: :cry: :cry:

jak:
sadly e.l.w. wharehousing darwen. formerley r. maudsley &sons. blackburn.went into recievership this week 19/04/2011 with the loss of 60 jobs.things are getting worse,it appears that only the big boys will survive. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think we will see a lot more going jak.

Dave the Renegade:

jak:

I think we will see a lot more going jak.

hi dave,
yes,i agree with that totally.how long? can these fuel prices be absorbed by hauliers,it’s madness :smiling_imp: wf hall couldn’t trade out of the problems they had.
regards andrew

Hi Andrew,
.Hall & Roche cherry-pick assets of collapsed W F Hall
Joanna Bourke
Saturday 23 April 2011 01:01
A number of the assets of insolvent W F Hall & Son have been snapped up by related company Swansea-based Hall & Roche Logistics.

Fishguard-based W F Hall, which has an O-licence for 20 vehicles and 40 trailers, owed non-preferential creditors £795,984.17 when it appointed Roger Hale and Robert Lewis of PricewaterhouseCoopers company liquidators on 4 April.

The bulk of the firm’s assets, worth £219,900.34, were used to pay off secured claimants, leaving the haulier with a £817,331.57 deficiency.

Conor Roche, a director of both W F Hall and Hall & Roche, which operated as different companies, says: "W F Hall really struggled with the December snow and had a number of customers unwilling to accept a fuel surcharge. To make matters worse, the business was hit by debts of around £150,000 when its client Falcon Steel entered administration in January

Cheers Dave…