Another job with amazing wages

Saw an advert on indeed for a Class 1 Driver for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Thought, I might have a look at that, might be able to work 3 nights and earn a weeks money, you know with night rates and weekend benefits.

The wage… £7 - £10 per hour :open_mouth:

Needless to say, I’ve not applied :unamused:

Job is here if anyone wants it, based in Manchester

I know I’m always the first to bang the supply and demand drum, but that is taking the ■■■■. Demand will outstrip supply there

I forsee a stampede of newly arrived European colleagues beating a path to Manchester, they will think they’ve won the lottery.

How part time is it? It might only be a couple of hours a day. Normally evening shifts start around 5pm, 10pm to me is night shift.

Seems to me that they’re looking for experienced C+E drivers willing to work weekend nights for £7-£10ph !

I think that it’s important to realise that it costs them nothing to look, yet might be quite lucrative for them if they find some.

TNUK should collectively wish them well in their search.

waddy640:
How part time is it? It might only be a couple of hours a day. Normally evening shifts start around 5pm, 10pm to me is night shift.

Read the advert, it’s 10pm starts, supermarket deliveries, usually 2 a shift. It’s weekends, at nights for peanuts.

Slackbladder:

waddy640:

Read the advert, it’s 10pm starts, supermarket deliveries, usually 2 a shift. It’s weekends, at nights for peanuts.

I read the advert, it does not mention how many hours per shift, always handy to know. It could be back door deliveries to a couple of local stores. Most adverts give a clue as to hours.

I am also aware of the pay.

Better off going for the full time job there at £10-£14 ph.

Well why didn’t they say that.

I was initially tempted, but then I saw a job posted down in South Wales for an ADR driver working nights paying a mighty £7.20ph!

waddy640:

Slackbladder:

waddy640:

I read the advert, it does not mention how many hours per shift, always handy to know. It could be back door deliveries to a couple of local stores. Most adverts give a clue as to hours.

I take it you’ve never done supermarket deliveries, if you had you would know that they can take a long time, that’s why they don’t say how long the shift is, but it will be 15 hrs or less. At night, for peanuts.

Slackbladder:
I forsee a stampede of newly arrived European colleagues beating a path to Manchester, they will think they’ve won the lottery.

This

Slackbladder:

Well another 200,000 have arrived in the past year thanks to our EU sponsorship…

DrivingMissDaisy:

Slackbladder:

Well another 200,000 have arrived in the past year thanks to our EU sponsorship…

That figure cannot be correct, the government said there would only be around 8000 & they are never wrong, or would tell lies.

Makes for grim reading that does mate, bet ya tail was waking when you saw the job, then went flat as you read the details.

waddy640:

Slackbladder:

waddy640:

Most likely to be a “right through” rate, thus nailing down the disadvantage throughout the whole shift.

Working at night that goes into the next day that would “normally” be at a higher rate (eg. fri into sat, sat into sun) needs to be finishing as soon as possible into the new day. 6pm-2am might be fair enough for say, £9ph up north. If it’s tescos it will more likely be 5pm friday to 8am saturday however - for “midweek daytime rate” :open_mouth: . :smiling_imp:

On the advert Aston Olajide-Akintunde obviously should have taken a spelling test. VAST experience? :open_mouth:

Winseer:

waddy640:

Slackbladder:

waddy640:

Most likely to be a “right through” rate, thus nailing down the disadvantage throughout the whole shift.

Working at night that goes into the next day that would “normally” be at a higher rate (eg. fri into sat, sat into sun) needs to be finishing as soon as possible into the new day. 6pm-2am might be fair enough for say, £9ph up north. If it’s tescos it will more likely be 5pm friday to 8am saturday however - for “midweek daytime rate” :open_mouth: . :smiling_imp:

I would never do any night shift for £9 / hr. £10 is the least I’ve ever been paid for a night shift and even then I don’t do them. If it was part of a shift rota, that’s different, but not for agency.