Another HGV driver died yesterday

Sad to hear the news (I only heard it today) that is a bit closer to home as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve worked for Lombard Shipping PLC and they are a good company. I also currently work for a local agency as you may know. Now whilst I didn’t know this guy it was sad to hear that a driver from our agency whom was driving for Lombard Shipping was killed yesterday when his truck overturned whilst leaving the M57 at Junction 4 (not far from Lombard Shipping’s yard, probably heading back there). In Liverpool a lot of people know each other and whilst working at another company I was told this morning of the guy and the companies involved. Yesterday I had seen a post on Twitter made by Merseyside Police but thought no more of it. It’s a bit shocking even though I didn’t know the guy by name (I dare say I’d know him by sight). Apparantly he was only 32.

I just want to take this opportunity to send my thoughts and condolences to his family and friends.

liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo … -32700139/

R.I.P.

R.I.P Drive…

And another one… Like bloody flies this past year :frowning:

RIP

rip steering wheel attendant

RIP LAD

ukthugz:

Why did you find it necessary to be insulting?

Seagoon:

ukthugz:

Why do you think we should feel sorry for a muppet who was entirely responsible for his own demise? Only good thing about it was he didn’t take anyone else out with him.

Conor:

Seagoon:

ukthugz:

Why do you think we should feel sorry for a muppet who was entirely responsible for his own demise? Only good thing about it was he didn’t take anyone else out with him.

You head of the accident investigation then?

Conor:

Seagoon:

ukthugz:

Do you know what happened ? A genuine question and no sarcasm attached ■■?

Could have been something so simple as the steering wheel slipping out of his hands - and yes that has happened to me once whilst driving a taxi, so do not be quick to make light of such a freak occurrence …

Unless you know what happened I think that whenever there’s a wagon on it’s side with a dead driver that can’t give their side of the story you can’t know they weren’t swerving to avoid a family in a Micra that pulled in front or something.

RIP Drive. Doesn’t really matter what happened I dare say he didn’t deserve to die. Wether or not a mistake happened the outcome is still the same. One driver less going home. Can’t remember a year like this year for bad news.

LASHHGV:
Doesn’t really matter what happened I dare say he didn’t deserve to die.

+1

LASHHGV:
RIP Drive. Doesn’t really matter what happened I dare say he didn’t deserve to die. Wether or not a mistake happened the outcome is still the same. One driver less going home. Can’t remember a year like this year for bad news.

Dead right… no pun intended.
R.I.P

ukthugz:

i hope that you never make a mistake that means you wont be going home to your family.

no one deserves death for going to work.

R.I.P very bad year this year, lets hope 2013 brings less sad news.

stay safe

Conor:

Seagoon:

ukthugz:

How do you know it was his fault he could of had a blow out or anything could of served to miss a car who [zb] off, show respect to a driver who has lost his life [zb] me off drivers who cant show respect. think of the family left behind!!

ukthugz:

He was dead at the scene, This could mean he had a heart attack or any number of other factors.
It’s pretty rare that a lorry driver dies as a direct result of the lorry overturning, Usually just battered and bruised from being a stupid [zb].
The article is very vague, The police and paramedics don’t know why it happened yet, So what chance have we?

It would seem that 2013 is not going to be easier on us.

RIP drive.

R.I.P

ukthugz:

Their but for the grace of god go I.

We don’t know what happened or why it happened, the only thing we know for sure is a fellow driver is now dead.

Lets just hope nothing untoward ever happens to you my friend.
RIP driver