Another fridge thread

The latest riveting episode of ''Rob’s Fridge Adventures… :blush: :smiley:

Got my DAF drawer type fridge fitted in the Merc on Sat, went in this morning to wire it in on the existing Anderson plug.

(Note to my mate nightline…my day off, so unpaid. :open_mouth: :smiley: )

Got it all sorted this morning, switched the fridge on …nothing. :cry:

Checked everything was wired up right, it was ok (I knew there was a connection as there was a spark, but still no life after switching on)

The truck had sat since Sat pm to this afternoon, and when I switched engine on to run air con while trying to suss out the problem, I noticed the fridge come on and eventually start to get cold, I knocked ignition off and it kept running. …prob solved, it actually works. :sunglasses:

Question is…
Do the batteries have to get to a certain level of power before the fridge works, and does it go off when batts get down…like a fail safe facility jobby type thing??
Or is it wired in wrong, and going to be a complete pain in the ■■■■, and only work when I switch engine on? :unamused:

Apologies if this is a bloody stupid electric themed question, but I aint no electrician by any means, so mebbys shoudn’t be dabbling. :blush: :smiley:

Reckon it’ll just be low voltage protection …

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Have a look at the battery voltage in the menu, it’s something like 26 volts when all accessories shut down, 2 healthy charged batteries will show 28/30 volts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a 66 plate on it’s second set of batteries, the latter set have been on about 18 months or so.
Not sure of the expectancy of maximum effiency of batts,… suppose it depends on brand and quality.

robroy:
It’s a 66 plate on it’s second set of batteries, the latter set have been on about 18 months or so.
Not sure of the expectancy of maximum effiency of batts,… suppose it depends on brand and quality.

Truck 3 yrs or 36 month old. Current (sorry) batteries 18month old, so same age as when first set were replaced.
Probably due a set soon.

Franglais:

robroy:

Truck 3 yrs or 36 month old. Current (sorry) batteries 18month old, so same age as when first set were replaced.
Probably due a set soon.

Well worked out mate. :smiley:
I was a bit slow there on that one. :blush: :laughing:

ukt is dead… long live franglais… :wink: :smiley:

Here you go Robroy, still working perfectly for my £50 . Took the lid off to give you a better view mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

IMG_0926.JPG

Hope yer butter melts. :smiling_imp:
:wink: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

m.a.n rules:

I would post a picture of my GOLD fridge engineer card, but I had to leave it at home.
Undercover this week…
:wink:

Franglais:

m.a.n rules:

I would post a picture of my GOLD fridge engineer card, but I had to leave it at home.
Undercover this week…
:wink:

your secret is safe with me mate, don’t worry… :wink:

robroy:
Hope yer butter melts. :smiling_imp:
:wink: :smiley:

Only two cans of wife beater though.

Only two left! :wink:

My built in MAN fridge switches off of I accidentally leave it on over a weekend. I don’t know whether this is a battery protection thing or if it’s the fridge itself having some sort of built in timer. I suspect it’s the former as it has managed to stay on all weekend a couple of times.

Rob here’s my 2 fridges Indel b tb18 and a Waeco cf26

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[emoji23]

nomiS36:

[emoji23]

A lazy mans gear stick [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

nomiS36:

What’s that stick out thing where my switch would be ■■?