Another fatal (M5 Gloucester)

Another trucking fatality.

City Link driver from Dudley killed this morning.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18299092

I drove past the wreckage after the truck had been uprighted today and immediately knew it was not survivable.

R.I.P.

Another very unfortunate accident, involving a HGV. RIP drive and condolences to his family and friends. It just goes to show none of us know what is going to happen and where our “final” destination will be.

Take care one and all, whatever you drive, wherever you drive it…

‘‘Gloucestershire Beekeepers Association helped recover bees that escaped from the lorry’’ :open_mouth: :confused:

yes i went past when the truck was upright and i thought no chance.Another sad day for our industry with the crash in Scotland aswel R I P to all three.

ajt:
‘‘Gloucestershire Beekeepers Association helped recover bees that escaped from the lorry’’ :open_mouth: :confused:

Report seemed more concerned with the sodding bees.

Drove passed at about 09:00 this morning northbound and seen it on its side with a forklift loading all the stuff onto another truck, after tipping in Bristol was going back up to Wolverhampton and seen the truck on its side but could see the damage to the cab!!! RIP drive!

Took every single corner extra careful after seeing that

RIP drive , yet another loss to our industry stay safe guys !!

condolences to guys family RIP drive. and also to those on the A9

Notice how many fatal RTAs’ involving trucks occur in the wee small hours when the roads are at their least busy?

44 Tonne Ton:
Notice how many fatal RTAs’ involving trucks occur in the wee small hours when the roads are at their least busy?

just a thought, but maybe this is a good enough reason not to be able to opt out of the 10hour night time working rule.

melv1golf:

44 Tonne Ton:

just a thought, but maybe this is a good enough reason not to be able to opt out of the 10hour night time working rule.

Which isn’t worth the paper it’s written on, by time you’ve added ‘breaks’ and ‘poa’, then the 10hr night rule is just as bad as any other shift.

The driver may have had a medical problem,or mechanical failure on the truck.

melv1golf:

44 Tonne Ton:

I have worked nights for years, just because people are too stupid to know when to have a break doesn’t mean everyone is, I certainly don’t want limiting to 10hrs, I can’t afford it.

Ffs it’s not like a light switch, you get plenty of warning.

Phantom Mark:

melv1golf:

44 Tonne Ton:

I have worked nights for years, just because people are too stupid to know when to have a break doesn’t mean everyone is, I certainly don’t want limiting to 10hrs, I can’t afford it.

Is that right Dr Phantom?

44 Tonne Ton:

Phantom Mark:

Is that right Dr Phantom?

Yes actually. It’s even a question on the theory test.

No you know, on second thoughts I must be wrong, one moment your wide awake no fatigue and then next your upside down in a field with 44t of BS of your head, my eyes have never got tired and progressively harder to focus.

Phantom Mark:
No you know, on second thoughts I must be wrong, one moment your wide awake no fatigue and then next your upside down in a field with 44t of BS of your head, my eyes have never got tired and progressively harder to focus.

And because it’s never happened to you it doesn’t happen… :unamused:

The irony was in my last post :wink:

Yes, it has happend to me, I get tired like everyone else, but it is a progressive occurrence and never instant, ie eyes get tired and find it harder and harder to re-focus, beyond that’s wouldn’t know because I’m smart enough to stop and take a break :wink:

Are you one of those heroes who just burn through it with just a fresh mug of Rocket Fuel and Pro Plus ■■ Or maybe you rely on speed which is why you can’t understand how it effects us mere lesser drivers ■■

Phantom Mark:
The irony was in my last post :wink:

Yes, it has happend to me, I get tired like everyone else, but it is a progressive occurrence and never instant, ie eyes get tired and find it harder and harder to re-focus, beyond that’s wouldn’t know because I’m smart enough to stop and take a break :wink:

Are you one of those heroes who just burn through it with just a fresh mug of Rocket Fuel and Pro Plus ■■ Or maybe you rely on speed which is why you can’t understand how it effects us mere lesser drivers ■■

You obviously don’t read much of what I post! I’ve never used any stimulants other that tea/coffee/opening window etc…when I got to the stage where I couldn’t hack night driving I knocked it on the head. It was one thing being tired and having to struggle on until reaching a stopping place but when it started to happen without warning which is what I was referring to that’s a whole lot different.

It isn’t normal for it to happen without warning, maybe you have underlying medical issue that may be worth checking out, seriously and not in any way sarcastically, light switch syndrome is not normal.