Another dash cam video

It may be his own dashcam so nobody can say he doesn’t have access to it. Seems steady enough so its mounted, not handheld and the brand is nextbase. The nextbase 402G has good reviews and may well be the one in use here. It is the model that I am seriously considering

scanny77:
the brand is nextbase. The nextbase 402G has good reviews and may well be the one in use here. It is the model that I am seriously considering

How many hours can it record for?

Is it me, or is everyone related up there? :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

Pimpdaddy:

scanny77:
the brand is nextbase. The nextbase 402G has good reviews and may well be the one in use here. It is the model that I am seriously considering

No idea but it comes with a 8G card but it can take up to 32G. It will over-write if it gets full and among many useful features (like being able to record your reg number on the video) is the ability to take still pictures which hard wired company supplied dashcams certainly dont do. If you upload to pc and watch the footage it will show your position on google maps too. It even records 3 axis G forces for insurance purposes. It looks like a really well thought out bit of kit and since it is dual voltage with a micro USB connector, it is easily transferable from car to truck. The internal battery only lasts around 5 minutes though!

The ■■■■ is trying to justify him self on youtube right now but failing spectacularly.ive told him hes on trucknet and getting quite famous.

scanny77:

Pimpdaddy:

scanny77:

No idea but it comes with a 8G card but it can take up to 32G. It will over-write if it gets full and among many useful features (like being able to record your reg number on the video) is the ability to take still pictures which hard wired company supplied dashcams certainly dont do. If you upload to pc and watch the footage it will show your position on google maps too. It even records 3 axis G forces for insurance purposes. It looks like a really well thought out bit of kit and since it is dual voltage with a micro USB connector, it is easily transferable from car to truck. The internal battery only lasts around 5 minutes though!

I have the Nextbase 402G. Can’t fault the image quality. Seriously good in the dark too. Internal battery lasts more like 5 seconds, but it is nearly 2 years old now.

One problem I have is it stops recording randomly. I have to keep checking every now and then to see if it’s still recording. I think it’s something to do with corrupt files. It sometimes goes months without doing it and then it’ll have a bad week and do it several times a day. I format the card in the camera at the end of every shift as this seems to help but not completely eliminate the problem.

Pimpdaddy:

scanny77:

I use Mio 518 with 32gb card. It records for about 5 hours. It all depends what card/cam you use.

Contraflow:
[
I have the Nextbase 402G. Can’t fault the image quality. Seriously good in the dark too. Internal battery lasts more like 5 seconds, but it is nearly 2 years old now.

One problem I have is it stops recording randomly. I have to keep checking every now and then to see if it’s still recording. I think it’s something to do with corrupt files. It sometimes goes months without doing it and then it’ll have a bad week and do it several times a day. I format the card in the camera at the end of every shift as this seems to help but not completely eliminate the problem.

Have you tried using a new card m8? May fix the problem. If you do, make sure its a class 10 card.

Dash cam man drives like a bell end and boasts about it by submitting actual camera footage :open_mouth: the audacity of him is unbelievable. He definitely needs a ban and re test in my opinion.

Gembo:
Have you tried using a new card m8? May fix the problem. If you do, make sure its a class 10 card.

Yes mate, two different cards. Started with the max 32GB and then moved down to a 4GB. It only does an hour in HD now before overwriting but the problem remains. Both cards were SanDisk class 10s.

dri-diddly-iver:
…the audacity of him is unbelievable.

He’s still too ■■■■■ to come and feed himself to the wolves on here though.

Have a chat with him on his youtube channel hes quite funny

I don’t have an account and I ain’t setting one up just to chat with that savoy.

Pimpdaddy:

scanny77:

I don’t have the same camera, but the recording specifications are the same. (hd 1080p 30fps .mov) and I get 5hrs20min. out of a 16 gig card before it begins over writing.

I thought I would leave a comment on his you tub cordially inviting him to join truck net …all very polite so lets see if he joins ,I see he has another video from last week ,he was involved in the video of the truck overtaking the bus …he appears to be the innocent party the trade team driver was later sacked

Its the one with the white bmw driver.shes done nothing wrong that i can see yet he begins to bully her.

youtu.be/gPFaTTPyaUc I hope this works

I’m sorry to say this but he is an agency driver, according to his Google+ page anyway :frowning:

norb:
I thought I would leave a comment on his you tub cordially inviting him to join truck net …all very polite so lets see if he joins ,I see he has another video from last week ,he was involved in the video of the truck overtaking the bus …he appears to be the innocent party the trade team driver was later sacked

Is he totally the innocent party ? it seemed pretty obvious that vehicles were overtaking the stationary bus, a good driver would have anticipated this far earlier and reduced speed. The conflict was the result of two pieces of crap driving (and a stupidly sited bus stop)