Another brilliant Boris idea(not)

freightinthecity.com/2016/02/may … ons-roads/ What will this idiot think up next.

It’s been discussed before and personally I’m for it. An army of white vans can take it from somewhere near the M25 into London while we get to have a much easier and much less strenuous day.

Good idea ! you only need 17 Transit sized vans to replace one artic, and they wouldn’t cause any congestion would they :question: :unamused: :unamused:

All this surrounds one of my original posts… satellite warehousing ( M25 ).

Let Boris sort it out on the city side. Job sorted.

raymundo:
Good idea ! you only need 17 Transit sized vans to replace one artic, and they wouldn’t cause any congestion would they :question: :unamused: :unamused:

A possible 17 congestion charge payments compared to 1.

I’d love to see the street lighting columns that we carry fit into a transit.
As for not going into London during rush hour, it would be like wacky races coming out of
gateway when the times up lol

At £7.50ph - who wants to drive a white van around London anyways? :unamused:

Winseer:

Probably the same people who swallow all the London mayoral bs rhetoric.The place seems to mess up their heads.To the point where people like Boris and Sadiq Kahn and their brain washed followers really seem to believe,that anyone with any sense,wants to live in a high density estate or tower block in an over populated,over developed,over regulated zb hole.With its immigrant majority which they’ve got the nerve to call their ‘great city’. :unamused: :laughing:

When it’s obvious to a trained monkey that the place was an already too big liability,subject to an unsustainable rate of population growth relative to the rest of the country even in 1950.Let alone now where we’ve got people calling everything inside the M25 ‘London’ and wanting to send that the same way. :open_mouth:

Boris obviously not being able to recognise the contradiction between a truck ban v truck charge in this case.IE it can only be one or the other with a charge obviously just costing people money while solving nothing anyway.

While I think it’s time that the surrounding counties imposed a ‘congestion’ and parking charge that’s only applicable to London residents. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

Carryfast:

Winseer:

Probably the same people who swallow all the London mayoral bs rhetoric.The place seems to mess up their heads.To the point where people like Boris and Sadiq Kahn and their brain washed followers really seem to believe,that anyone with any sense,wants to live in a high density estate or tower block in an over populated,over developed,over regulated zb hole.With its immigrant majority which they’ve got the nerve to call their ‘great city’. :unamused: :laughing:

When it’s obvious to a trained monkey that the place was an already too big liability,subject to an unsustainable rate of population growth relative to the rest of the country even in 1950.Let alone now where we’ve got people calling everything inside the M25 ‘London’ and wanting to send that the same way. :open_mouth:

+1

I’d really love to see them try to pull something like this off.

Don’t know why anybodies getting worked up about these truck ban proposals. Let them do it, are we really bothered at the prospect of not being allowed to drive in central London? Make your drop an an easy access out of town depot instead? Sounds good to me.

Worse that can happen is London gets gridlocked with white vans, which a) wouldn’t concern many of us because we don’t live or work there & b) would show the anti-lorry brigade that maybe trucks weren’t that bad after all.

You can predict that the satellite transfer hubs won’t be within his precious London borders oh no, but he will expect the jobs in them to be reserved for his precious inhabitants. That idiot believes that the only reason the surrounding counties are even there is to serve his empire and to be a dumping ground for what he doesn’t want. He is already intending to take over the train services from part of the south eastern network and ‘improve’ it. That will mean cutting out timetabled journeys from their distant terminus to make way for his darling londoners shorter hops, because you can only squeeze 20 fluid ounces into a pint pot.

rob22888:
Don’t know why anybodies getting worked up about these truck ban proposals. Let them do it, are we really bothered at the prospect of not being allowed to drive in central London? Make your drop an an easy access out of town depot instead? Sounds good to me.

Worse that can happen is London gets gridlocked with white vans, which a) wouldn’t concern many of us because we don’t live or work there & b) would show the anti-lorry brigade that maybe trucks weren’t that bad after all.

Thousands of angry white van men mixing it up with the usual local mob of suicidal cyclists, mental motorists, crazy cabbies, bull-headed bus drivers and bonkers builders… I can’t wait!

cav551:
You can predict that the satellite transfer hubs won’t be within his precious London borders oh no, but he will expect the jobs in them to be reserved for his precious inhabitants. That idiot believes that the only reason the surrounding counties are even there is to serve his empire and to be a dumping ground for what he doesn’t want.

^ This.Just like they chose to tear up the surrounding counties for the M25 instead of upgrading the North and South Circulars.

Which just leaves the question how long before Essex,Herts,Surrey and Kent etc CC’s have the sphericals to say no more and even take back some of what should still be rightly their’s.

rob22888:

That depends on whether anyone happens to live in a previously tenable area that gets turned into a TFL instigated transport transfer station area outside or even inside the edges of London’s over inflated borders.Bearing in mind that, among other London expansionist abuses,is what the Green Belt protection is there for.

Carryfast:

cav551:
You can predict that the satellite transfer hubs won’t be within his precious London borders oh no, but he will expect the jobs in them to be reserved for his precious inhabitants. That idiot believes that the only reason the surrounding counties are even there is to serve his empire and to be a dumping ground for what he doesn’t want.

^ This.Just like they chose to tear up the surrounding counties for the M25 instead of upgrading the North and South Circulars.

Which just leaves the question how long before Essex,Herts,Surrey and Kent etc CC’s have the sphericals to say no more and even take back some of what should still be rightly their’s.

On the topic of upgrading the Circulars, how would that be possible? Considering they go down to a single carriage road at points. My first time of the South Circular, I couldn’t believe this was a main road with houses on either side like a residential street!

The same way they do it outside london when a few houses are in the way… bulldozer.

Radar19:
On the topic of upgrading the Circulars, how would that be possible? Considering they go down to a single carriage road at points. My first time of the South Circular, I couldn’t believe this was a main road with houses on either side like a residential street!

The same way as Heathrow expansion is being proposed not to mention the massive demolition involved in the commuter railway expansion of the late Victorian era.Take out the relevant housing etc that’s in the way.Then re house the displaced population in tower blocks away from the road as they like city living so much and moan about pollution levels where they are.They can obviously do it when it suits them.

Radar19:
I’d really love to see them try to pull something like this off.

I would imagine that someone driving a van for someone else @ £7.50ph is likely to shrink their own loads somewhat… :neutral_face:

Self-Employed at that rate - would be shocking indeed. It’s below the poverty line for self-employed, so pilfering would have to be mandatory just to make ends meet… There are just not enough hours in the day to pay for one’s overheads for living in london - unless you’ve got some kind of Fagin-run workhouse scenario where slave-labour drivers work for some local Mr Big.

Carryfast:

Radar19:

The same way as Heathrow expansion is being proposed not to mention the massive demolition involved in the commuter railway expansion of the late Victorian era.Take out the relevant housing etc that’s in the way.Then re house the displaced population in tower blocks away from the road as they like city living so much and moan about pollution levels where they are.They can obviously do it when it suits them.

They seem pretty adept at forcing their way, look at the HS2 thats going to rip up much of the countryside for what? A new rail line for fat cats on a weekend escape?