Another bridge strike

m.flickr.com/photos/8050359@N07/ … /lightbox/

Sorry don’t know how to get a pic on here :blush:

I know the driver (all in black)what a ■■■■ - an accident waiting to happen :imp: His foot is either flat on the accelerator or flat on the brake :unamused: :unamused:

He hasn’t lost his job :open_mouth: I heard the gaffer had to buy the trailer (Ambassador deliver empty trailers)

Did this happen today? It’s not too far from where I live 5 miles ish. It’ll make a nice flat bed anyway lol

cant view that pic, all can see is pic of bus, the new/older buttons not working? :cry: :wink: :laughing:

doesn’t work for me :cry:

NewLad:
Did this happen today? It’s not too far from where I live 5 miles ish. It’ll make a nice flat bed anyway lol

There’s that option of cutting down to a flat but it would quite easily straighten back up with a pulling tower.

If it’s the bridge I think it is, it must have been a fairly tall curtainsider (well orignally)

if you delete the “m” then go to web site it works,

surely driver could just reverse into the bridge? to straighten trailer, simples :grimacing: :grimacing:

Alternative link:
flickr.com/photos/8050359@N0 … /lightbox/

I dont believe it,
black socks with shorts.

And those legs…seen better dangling out of a birds nest. :laughing:

oatcake1967:
I dont believe it,
black socks with shorts.

I was just going to comment that the most embarrassing bit was his dress sense :laughing: :laughing:

He got under it and made it that far. I have seen worse and seen the body reset so it’s not such a bad accident, the main thing is the driver was a twonk.

dri-diddly-iver:
He hasn’t lost his job :open_mouth: I heard the gaffer had to buy the trailer (Ambassador deliver empty trailers)

They do repairs anyhow.
Don’t they also pull large tv screens out of their yard in Sheffield (old CPL/Keyfuels site)? Wouldn’t want the bill for damaging one of them :open_mouth: .

then he hit the tree. :laughing:

how is it in this day and age with all the technology at our disposal that a proffesional driver can still leave the yard/ place they collected the trailer and not know the height of the trailer/goods there hauling.

scotstrucker:
how is it in this day and age with all the technology at our disposal that a proffesional driver can still leave the yard/ place they collected the trailer and not know the height of the trailer/goods there hauling.

thick as [zb] turds. they should be banned, then paraded through the streets tarred and feathered.

That bridge is marked up VERY CLEARLY (14’6" iirc) at the point of no return for an artic, ie at the r/b at Stapleford and the jcn at the Ilkeston end complete with suggested alternative routes.

MADBAZ:
Don’t they also pull large tv screens out of their yard in Sheffield (old CPL/Keyfuels site)? Wouldn’t want the bill for damaging one of them :open_mouth: .

I think that’s for Gordon, one of the sons - outside broadcast equipment. Couple of good drivers there but they don’t know any different than delivering empty trailers - oh and DFS :unamused:

scotstrucker:
how is it in this day and age with all the technology at our disposal

What technology would that be :question:

scotstrucker:
can still leave the yard/ place they collected the trailer and not know the height of the trailer/goods there hauling.

He probably did know the height of the trailer, he made a mistake :exclamation:

EVERYBODY makes mistakes, NOBODY is perfect, he is not the first to hit a bridge, he won’t be the last.

Fortunately, no children were harmed/maimed/killed due to this PROFESSIONAL drivers mistake :wink:

oatcake1967:
I dont believe it,
black socks with shorts.

Black shorts, black boots equals black socks…simples :wink: No other colour works. Can’t do much about his legs if he wants to keep cool though!

redboxer850:

scotstrucker:
how is it in this day and age with all the technology at our disposal

What technology would that be :question:

scotstrucker:
can still leave the yard/ place they collected the trailer and not know the height of the trailer/goods there hauling.

He probably did know the height of the trailer, he made a mistake :exclamation:

EVERYBODY makes mistakes, NOBODY is perfect, he is not the first to hit a bridge, he won’t be the last.

Fortunately, no children were harmed/maimed/killed due to this PROFESSIONAL drivers mistake :wink:

expensive mistake too make though, trailer repairs, bridge inspection, thats a few thousand pounds too pay out for 2 mins of madness, oh btw the technology is a simple one and very simple too use aswell, it’s called a measuring tape like this

The height is probably on the trailer so possibly no excuse, and as it has been highlighted on this site and others it will be more than likely picked up by the TC / VOSA people who look at these sites and he will be invited for tea and biscuits and a discussion as to how long his Class One is suspended or even revoked.