Another Bridge Strike

from twitter

Honiton Road, Exeter

Staggering. That is all.

Got to be on drugs or was the night before, about time Traffic Commissioner’s took away their license, to the general public, lorry drivers are thick and this only reinforces the tarnished image and poor perceived reputation.

Take the 18 ton mgw weight limit for Cleveland Bridge in Bath , it has been reported about 14 artics are crossing it an hour when the diversion warning signs are placed in a 50 mile radius given plenty of time to take the diversion which is quicker than queuing on London Road for ages with your picture being taken by angry locals Tweeting your face and firm for the whole world to see you can’t read a sign and understand a basic instruction .
No doubt it’s empty artics that assume they are under the limit but get a shock when the ANPR cctv has captured it and a few grand fine on the way in a brown envelope to attend court .

Not the drivers fault we need more signs to tell us its a low bridge we should have a manned Marshall with a stop sign like a lollipop lady we have worked in covid

I bet Bridge smash head kept the hazard warning lights flashing to warn other motorists of the impending danger of not seeing a huge menacing juggernaut having a sleep on said bridge.
Solicitors are banking in the money to defend these Muppets.

I like to check in with the 11 foot 8 (now 12 foot 4) every now and again. Here is the latest. Also a can-opener effect.

Truck driver Ben , I concur with your policy of an ■■■■■■ to avoid this happening by suggesting every driver has a man that runs in front of the truck with a red flag as they did when the first cars appeared on the roads , the red flag signalled danger to other motorists to get out of their way .
If no red flag is available then like the film The railway children, the young lady removed her knickers to use as a flag to warn the train driver to stop .
I will email my MP to start the agenda as soon as possible or maybe unemployed people could stand on top of every bridge waving their underwear or red flag .

Driver was reported to say ‘i’ d have got away with it if it wasn’t for those pesky meddling bridges"

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Looks like a DAF SSC pulling it so presumably a subbie.

DCPCFML:

Looks more like a MERC to me tbh. Difficult to tell from picture for sure.

DCPCFML:

ACTROS

beat me to it

yes on closer inspection it is a Merc. Still seems to be a subbie as their own lot wouldn’t be using space cabs.

Strange that a quick look on google street and accept its current, there are signs at the previous junction so option to take a different route. Even if it was ignored on any Satnav/map the driver may have had!
that will be a a trip to the TC with no biscuits and expect vocational licence gone for 6 months and likely trip for the operator as well.

Acorn:
Strange that a quick look on google street and accept its current, there are signs at the previous junction so option to take a different route. Even if it was ignored on any Satnav/map the driver may have had!
that will be a a trip to the TC with no biscuits and expect vocational licence gone for 6 months and likely trip for the operator as well.

The advanced warning is clear which can only mean that either the driver didn’t know his correct height or he’d forgot all about it. :confused:

DCPCFML:
yes on closer inspection it is a Merc. Still seems to be a subbie as their own lot wouldn’t be using space cabs.

MARMITE

He should be sent to the office of the TC for Beverly Bell and her sister too, bend over and take the punishment and don’t show up wearing a Bob Spongepants ripped Tee shirt and cut off Denim jeans shorts as some plonk did and was abruptly sent home to change.

It is indeed a subbie. FSEW from Cardiff area. 15’ 9” trailer obviously ain’t going to fit under that bridge
Total clown.

Dimlaith:
It is indeed a subbie. FSEW from Cardiff area. 15’ 9” trailer obviously ain’t going to fit under that bridge
Total clown.

To be fair it was a close thing.Full marks to the council for the conservative bridge height sign no one can say they didn’t try to stop him. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Noremac:
I like to check in with the 11 foot 8 (now 12 foot 4) every now and again. Here is the latest. Also a can-opener effect.

Nice one. After they raised the bridge I stopped looking at the site, seemed like all they had for a long while was a few paint scrape jobs. Good to know it’s back to collecting scalps, proof, if proof was needed, that nothing is truly foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool :laughing: