Another bridge strike

Waitrose lorry wedged under Colchester railway bridge
Lorry stuck under bridge Traffic and trains were delayed after the lorry became stuck under a Colchester railway bridge

Trains in Essex have been delayed after a Waitrose lorry got stuck under a railway bridge.

The HGV became wedged on the A134 near Colchester North railway station at about 08:00 GMT.

Train operator Abellio Greater Anglia said the incident caused delays of up to 15 minutes in both directions.

A Waitrose spokesman apologised for “delays and inconvenience caused to road and rail users”.

The lorry was freed after police took pressure out of the tyres, he said.

“We will work with authorities to fully investigate this,” the spokesman added.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-30273687

“We will work with authorities to fully investigate this,” the spokesman added.

It aint rocket science to figure out what happened :laughing:

I may be wrong but I did not see any bridge height sign on there,surely that means the bridge was 16ft and as far as I am aware the average double decker is 15.9in so maybe the driver thought it should not be a problem,i have gone under 16ft bridges with a d/d and never had problems,also he/she was only a little way in,why could the driver not reverse,damage was already caused so a little more to the trailer would not have made any difference

If it is unmarked it will be a minimum of 16’6" there is a triangle warning sign there but I can’t make out the height

truckman020:
I may be wrong but I did not see any bridge height sign on there

look at the first photo directly above where the trailer meets the bridge!

truckman020:
I may be wrong but I did not see any bridge height sign on there

There is It’s 15’-3"

Quick Google Screen Grab.

15’3" Height Limit

Bridge 1.gif

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Delays-Shelton-Mr-Kiplings-lorry-gets-stuck/story-24957326-detail/story.html

one in stoke today also :unamused:

markymodem:
http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Delays-Shelton-Mr-Kiplings-lorry-gets-stuck/story-24957326-detail/story.html

one in stoke today also :unamused:

Properly stuck aswell oh dear

Not only is there a sign on the bridge, the route from Waitrose to the bridge took the driver past this sign.

That one in Stoke did bloody well, there are 3 x 13’-6" railway bridges there and he made it under the first two and nearly under the third.

8547619-large.jpg

8546347-large.jpg

stoke.gif

“Exceedingly good cakes, but where the ■■■■ do we get our drivers from?”
…Asked Mr Kipling.

Agency Muppets no doubt, fishing rod at the ready. :smiley:

Muckaway:
“Exceedingly good cakes, but where the [zb] do we get our drivers from?”
…Asked Mr Kipling.

Sams Transport :wink:

B3xJS-XIgAAcESb.jpg large.jpg

He obviously forgot he had one of those teardrop type trailers on, I don’t like them anyway.

bald bloke:
He obviously forgot he had one of those teardrop type trailers on, I don’t like them anyway.

+1 … Agreed. They’re bloody horrible… !

There will be a few teardrops when his boss sees the trailer.

You could say That takes the biscuit but then again, The icings on the cake ` :laughing:

You lot are rotters… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Luckily i’ve never hit one, yet, must be a terrible sinking feeling as the lorry shudders to a halt with the sounds of destruction behind, then a few seconds later the truth dawns that your job and reputation have just vanished round the U bend.

What do you do, sit there for a few moments hoping it’s all a bad dream or what?

Juddian:
You lot are rotters… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Luckily i’ve never hit one, yet, must be a terrible sinking feeling as the lorry shudders to a halt with the sounds of destruction behind, then a few seconds later the truth dawns that your job and reputation have just vanished round the U bend.

What do you do, sit there for a few moments hoping it’s all a bad dream or what?

Run Away !!