Another bridge strike

When doing work for tesco in the past, they gave you a laminated sheet with map and instructions on which route you had to go etc . Perhaps wait rose should do something similar.

Odd days:
When doing work for tesco in the past, they gave you a laminated sheet with map and instructions on which route you had to go etc . Perhaps wait rose should do something similar.

I regulary see Tesco’s drivers arriving at our local Tesco coming from the wrong direction and have to perform u-turns around the island, whereas the regular drivers come in from the top end and drive straight in.

Juddian:
You lot are rotters… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Luckily i’ve never hit one, yet, must be a terrible sinking feeling as the lorry shudders to a halt with the sounds of destruction behind, then a few seconds later the truth dawns that your job and reputation have just vanished round the U bend.

What do you do, sit there for a few moments hoping it’s all a bad dream or what?

One of ours smacked a bridge in Hull last year, on the way to Mcbrides, they didn’t suspend him (so set a precedent, which would be awkward if they sacked him) & allowed him to carry on driving.

I went into the disciplinary with him & advised him to tell the truth (No BS) as we used to have a few 14’2" trailers he just said that he didn’t realise that he had a 15’10" trailer on, so went under the bridge (until it stopped him !!!)
He got a written warning, told not to do it again & kept his job.

bald bloke:
Agency Muppets no doubt, fishing rod at the ready. :smiley:

It’s amazing how so many rookies are being sent out in double deckers without any training - if that’s the case. :confused:

simon1958:

bald bloke:
He obviously forgot he had one of those teardrop type trailers on, I don’t like them anyway.

+1 … Agreed. They’re bloody horrible… !

What about the “Swan Neck” trailers? - They are able to get under a 15’ bridge OK - despite being “double deckers”. Then you swap around with a 16’ one, and come a cropper if you’re not careful…

London has a lot of “15 foot something” bridges…

Not all double deckers are 16’ or less, Comet used to run quite a few marked up at 16’ 5" (used to get the wind up when approaching bridges showing signs of multiple clouts), no doubt lots of others have similar and those Comet trailers won’t have been unique nor will they have vanished into thin air now the company has folded.