Another bridge hit for stobarts

Proper job

commonrail2:
Proper job

Not really. He didn’t tip it on its side…

That is a double decker?.. :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yep, if you’re going to do it do it well, don’t sod about tapping the bridge give it good clout.

Demerit points for not making it all the way through leaving the roof on the floor, Roger Moore style in Live And Let Die.

Wow he never stood a chance there 10 out of 10 I’m giving.

Agency

the nodding donkey:

commonrail2:
Proper job

Not any more…

puggy:

the nodding donkey:

commonrail2:
Proper job

Not any more…

:grimacing: .

Well following on from the other thread about the bridge with a conflicting sign of 4.1 mtr and 13’ , which is now into its 6th page I think

Just done a quick check on this sign and guess what

4.3 m is actually 14’1.291" :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So is this a “UK” driver that didn’t check his imperial height before leaving the yard :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:
Surely he should’ve known that his 14’3 trailer wouldn’t have fitted under that bridge :exclamation: :exclamation:
By the way 14’3" is actually 4m3434,

BRING IT ON CARRYFAST

Well that wasn’t even close, and I’m trying to think of an excuse for the driver but failing miserably…
I wonder who’s trailer it was and if the contract will continue.

pierrot 14:
Well following on from the other thread about the bridge with a conflicting sign of 4.1 mtr and 13’ , which is now into its 6th page I think

4.3 m is actually 14’1.291" :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So is this a “UK” driver that didn’t check his imperial height before leaving the yard :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:
Surely he should’ve known that his 14’3 trailer wouldn’t have fitted under that bridge :exclamation: :exclamation:

BRING IT ON CARRYFAST

'Vicky Pollard stylee ': but yeah…But no.but yeah, but nooooo. Well it’s all your fault anyway because you’re a slag …

pierrot 14:

BRING IT ON CARRYFAST

In that same thread, a trucknet participant with a username remarkably similar to yours has already stated that 3 metres is a little over a yard. By that reckoning a 4.35m trailer should easily go under any bridge that has more than 4’ 4" clearance…

Roymondo:

pierrot 14:

BRING IT ON CARRYFAST

In that same thread, a trucknet participant with a username remarkably similar to yours has already stated that 3 metres is a little over a yard. By that reckoning a 4.35m trailer should easily go under any bridge that has more than 4’ 4" clearance…

:grimacing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’d have be shifting some to get under a 4’4" bridge. :slight_smile:

Roymondo:

pierrot 14:

BRING IT ON CARRYFAST

Shutup Roymondo, I’ve already apologised for my mistake, too much vino and too much CF

pierrot 14:

BRING IT ON CARRYFAST

If the trailer height was/is less than 14’ 3’’ and the legally required imperial height measurement indicator in the cab shows the same he’s in the clear just as the other one would/should have been if the indicator and vehicle is less than 13 feet. :bulb: While 4.3 metres is obviously a safe rounded down under statement not over statement assuming a 14’ 3’’ height limit. :unamused:

Evil8Beezle:
Well that wasn’t even close, and I’m trying to think of an excuse for the driver but failing miserably…
I wonder who’s trailer it was and if the contract will continue.

Looks like a Tesco trailer

Did he hit it Metric or Imperial■■?

CF. I don’t normally pull you up on your post’s. But that last effort was complete ■■■■■■■■ mate.

What difference does it make what the in cab height indicator states? Mine changes all the time due to the variety of trailers that I pull.
Same with Stobarts.

It is up to the driver to alter the height indicator according to the trailer. Ideally you would have two in the cab. One for running solo/flats/skelly’s etc, and one for your trailer. Getting into a unit and not bothering to change/check the height indicator DOES NOT put anyone in the clear. In the case of Stobarts for instance, an empty trailer pulled by a Scania with it’s mid-lift up will run HIGHER than it will with a Volvo.

Also, how many of us know EXACTLY what height we are running at? Sure it might be based on a 5th wheel of 1250 mm for example, but how many of us check the 5th wheel height each trip? How many of us carry a telescopic height stick? I only carried one when I did roof trusses.

The point is that the cab indicator doesn’t clear anyone of anything.

eagerbeaver:
CF. I don’t normally pull you up on your post’s. But that last effort was complete ■■■■■■■■ mate.

What difference does it make what the in cab height indicator states? Mine changes all the time due to the variety of trailers that I pull.
Same with Stobarts.

The point is that the cab indicator doesn’t clear anyone of anything.

An ex-driver at our firm hit the low 14’ 3 bridge in grantham, went up with a fridge unit thats 13’ 9, came back with a flatbed with wooden crates almost double deck high. obviously blamed it on the height indicator because it wasn’t set right. Not sure if he expected the guys at the yard to get in the cab and set it for him or if he thought it somehow automatically detected it when you hook a new trailer up.

prize plum.