Another 2 hijackings

Yet again we drivers are facing more danger, and nothing seems to be done about it.

I posted on here about a Alert on another site, how many have bothered to sign up to it yet.

Read “Mike c” posting about it

I read one or two opening posts of text alerts and have never so much as looked at it since nor would i,

Trouble is he did not read it properly and took it completely wrong,

Are you the next to be threatened and bundled into a boot of a car for 100 miles, or your mate. or even read that the next driver has been murdered.

The police don’t seem to care, so maybe for once we should stick together and actually get something done about it.

Come on get of the [zb] Fence and lets make our lives a bit safer.
john GR

Sorry to bring this up again but as I stated before, I have been a victim and hate the thought of others having to go through it.

Edited for language and personal attack

Edited for language and personal attack

All I did was call him a Prat, not eactly a personnel attack.

38 postings about which lorry looks nice, yet not one about personnel attacks on here to beat the crims.

no wonder we are in such a mess as drivers, when you would rather talk about “Oh Does’nt he look nice” rather than saving a truckers life.

What a load of ■■■■■■■ on here for christ sake get a grip and at least show you care about some poor sod bundled into a boot risking life and limb

Or is it that you don’t care :frowning: :frowning:
I am alright jack, sod the others.

Lets hope it is not one of you that gets murdered and leave a wife and kids behind because you could’nt be bothered.
Pathetic sods :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: and you call yourself drivers.

Make that 39 postings. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: of pretty pictures.

I will have a look for a picture of a lorry driver beaten up while being hijacked, some of you might think it quite funny :smiling_imp: :imp:

Are you talking to yourself?

What is the point of thiis post?

Some of us have signed up already John, but what exactly do you want?

Another useless debate that gets nothing done? Been there and done that already, alot of people can talk the talk, but when it comes to actually doing something they all fall by the wayside and can’t be bothered.

Wheel Nut:

Trying to highlight that we are all in danger of hijacking, assault or even loss of life.

Seems important to me.
Obviously you are one of the don’t care brigade.

God knows .Haven’t lorry drivers ever heard of not stopping for anyone except the police , parking up for a break in places where there is cameras and lots of people around , or having a break on a customers premises , overnighting at secure parks or services .
Anyone who tries to stop me is going to come to a nasty end , either run over or rammed off the road .

paul@midway:
God knows .Haven’t lorry drivers ever heard of not stopping for anyone except the police , parking up for a break in places where there is cameras and lots of people around , or having a break on a customers premises , overnighting at secure parks or services .
Anyone who tries to stop me is going to come to a nasty end , either run over or rammed off the road .

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22445

JohnGr:

Wheel Nut:

Trying to highlight that we are all in danger of hijacking, assault or even loss of life.

Seems important to me.

So what do you propose to do you have posted a link from BBC news? thats all and then followed it up with a load of crap about pretty pictures

paul@midway:

Don’t talk such crap man :frowning:
These crims are now working in gangs and as truckpol released last week more are using firearms
Or are you a super hero.

There are not enough secure parks for all truckers and some firms are too bloody tight to pay for parking.

so you would risk your life fighting scumbags for a load of goods
Get real

Wheel Nut:

JohnGr:

Wheel Nut:

Seems important to me.

So what do you propose to do you have posted a link from BBC news? thats all and then followed it up with a load of crap about pretty pictures

Thats because on this site you are not allowed to mention any other drivers website. Admin and Mods know about it, but suppose it would be a miracle for them to actually support a good cause. not business ethics

So what do we do? Not go to work just incase you get trouble?

Personally, if they want the truck/load, they can have it, I’ll even deliver it if they want. I will not put up any fight or resistance, no matter what anybody pays me.

If you thought/worried about everything that could go wrong in this job you’d never do it.

No i wouldn’t risk my life , i just wouldn’t stop .Drive through rough areas overnight and keep an eye out , if need be run the red lights , run the junctions , get on the phone to the cops .

What they going to do shoot the tyres out ?
Doubt it then they wouldn’t be able to move it and it defeats the object of hijacking the load .
They wouldn’t shoot you either to get you to stop , the lorry would be smashed to bits after you crashed it , again defeating the object of hijacking the load .

I don’t stop mate , i don’t have breaks in isolated areas or darkened laybys . i have breaks in depots or customer premises , that way i don’t have to stop and possibly compromise myself .

Guns are there to scare you .

Henrys cat:
So what do we do? Not go to work just incase you get trouble?
Support something that could help beat the crims

Personally, if they want the truck/load, they can have it, I’ll even deliver it if they want. I will not put up any fight or resistance, no matter what anybody pays me.

Definately the right decision better lost a load than a life

If you thought/worried about everything that could go wrong in this job you’d never do it.

Agreed, but why give the scumbags an open hand to do what they want.
for once we need to stand together and beat the sods is what I am saying.
no one seems to care about us so we have to look after ourselves

paul@midway
Read the article.
The drivers were asleep in bed, had the window smashed and were bundled into the boot of a car.

Are non of us allowed to sleep anymore just in case

Just had a look on the roadtransport site and the insider, to see if there is any mention of the alert system

no such luck :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

but if you want tablets or ■■■■ then there are plenty of members on the insider with links like this one
http://online-pharmacy-no-prescription.info/

Must be a new business angle :laughing:

but don’t mention another truck site :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Support What?

I already support the BBC with my licence fee.

I dont see what you are trying to promote.

And dont suggest I dont care when I took the time to answer the post. I asked W-TF you were taling about

Wheel Nut:
Support What?

I already support the BBC with my licence fee.

I dont see what you are trying to promote.

And dont suggest I dont care when I took the time to answer the post. I asked W-TF you were taling about

Ask Admin or Mods and then I can tell you.
It is on another truckers website

A truck Theft Text Alert for drivers to sign up to and be alerted if a lorry is stolen

I ain’t being ignorant by not telling you, if I do I would be banned

FAO Malc
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ruck+alert
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ruck+alert

Blimey S77 where did you find them, I thought they were deleted along the lines of not suitable for trucknet to support.

Wheel Nut
you asked

dont see what you are trying to promote.

Hang on if I swear then Admin or mods might turn up and tell you

Boooooo :laughing: :laughing: is this enough