ANIMAL FEED COMPANIES 70/80/90s

pimmer73:
heres a pic of my dads old F7 he had from brand new in 1979 working out of avonmouth mill it was his first bulker after nearly 20 years on bags ! semi retired was his saying ! anyone got any more posts or know of anyone who worked out of avonmouth or crossfields in bridgwater be good to here from you ?

Ican remember a few Dalgety Drivers from Avonmouth ,Mick Bishop ,Berty Mills ,Con ,Jerry Kieth from Reading,Dennis had a FL7 from south of Avonmouth Dave England ,Dave Orchard
cheers Fin

Bulk Feed Services in Sykehouse near Goole

Timms Mill Goole

Hudson Ward Goole

Rawsons of Raywell

Wheel Nut:

Timms Mill Goole

Hudson Ward Goole

Rawsons of Raywell

What happened to Timms Malc,I remember them very well.Maybe went into Dalgety eh?

hey finnly300

i can remember all those names i was a kid back then who hid in the foot well whilst in the mill until he smuggled me up to dennis’s loading office !! dennis from south of avonmouth worked with me at lloyds animal feeds in langport back in the early 2000’s before he retired well up in his 70’s. jimmy pimm was my dads name dave orchard and him were very close aswell as austin jones from mark.

Chris Webb:

Wheel Nut:

Timms Mill Goole

Hudson Ward Goole

Rawsons of Raywell

What happened to Timms Malc,I remember them very well.Maybe went into Dalgety eh?

Closed in 2001, the windmill was still standing but the land is now a Morrisons store. John H Heron is still there in Goole, I think, they made vitamin supplements iirc

pimmer73:
hey finnly300

i can remember all those names i was a kid back then who hid in the foot well whilst in the mill until he smuggled me up to dennis’s loading office !! dennis from south of avonmouth worked with me at lloyds animal feeds in langport back in the early 2000’s before he retired well up in his 70’s. jimmy pimm was my dads name dave orchard and him were very close aswell as austin jones from mark.

Hi Pimmer
Do you know what happened to Brian (wellingtons) meek and David his son from Temple Cloud :question: PS i was hidding in the footwell of the ol chaps ford d sieries of West Midland Farmers next door to you :laughing:

hey finnly
i saw brian meek about a month ago in radstock still got his old old L reg ERF as for his son my dad says he saw him driving a bulker lastyear somewhere cant wait to catch him in a lay by and introduce myself i did flash him but i av lost my youthfull good looks so he just stared like to say who the hell was that lol !! what was your old chaps name mate will see if my old chaps memory still works ■■

Henry Lea Oakes are an Animal feed firm,with a few lorries based in Mid Wales.I think their main place is up North.

Passey Nott & Co Ltd had a warehouse in Kington,with a smaller base in Hereford,they ran a dozen lorries from Kington,with three more based at Hereford,they also had quite a few subcontractors hauling for them.My father drove for them for over forty years.
Derek Layton hauled for them for over 30 years.

J & P Turner also had a mill in Kington,with another depot at Brecon,they ran about the same number of lorries as Passey Nott,but whereas Passey Nott sold out to Midland Shire Farmers in the 1980’S ( later known as Countrywide )
J & P Turner are still going,with just this Seddon Atkinson four wheeler and a Transit van.

Hi Folks,
A load at Lunesdale Farmers Kendal driver Peter Harrison.
Photo from David Bradshaw.

Cheers Malc.

Loading totes out from the old now defunked Melksham Mill around 1990

Now that is how to load a truck, Note only cross rope on the back end and they would never move. :laughing: :laughing:

malc step:
Hi Folks,
A load at Lunesdale Farmers Kendal driver Peter Harrison.
Photo from David Bradshaw.

Cheers Malc.

Hi Pimmmer
Ol chaps name was Doug Finch from Hereford branch of WMF ,Alan Dobbs was another of the Dalgety drivers,cant remember the shop steward from Eveshams name . My ol chap ended up back on bags at the end working out of what is now Mole Valley.
Cheers Fin

Pimmer
Took this on Friday up at Mitchells East Dundry ,dont know if big Dave drove this for Wattts from Stowey near Chew Magna, now used for farm use :question:
Cheers Fin

]These photos were given to me from the driver,who was trying to negotiate a ford somwhere in derbyshire.Unfortunately the ground gave way
and the result speaks for itself.Luckily my friend only suffered minor injury and a broken pride.The person that took the photo of him
going through the ford never expected to capture this result.As you can se the company was BIBBY an animal feed supplier.

some cracking post & pictures chaps , i think i’m probably what you call the newer generation of feed drivers , i work out of ex-WMF ? huntworth mill Bridgwater for Mole Valley Farmers or to give it it’s correct name , Mole Valley Feed Solutions :unamused:

MVF now have 4 mills
Huntworth ex -WMF
Lifton ex- Pye-Bibby /ABN
Calne ex- Pye-Bibby /ABN /MVF /dukes & botley
Dorchester ex- Hanford /Pye-Bibby /ABN

MVF croucheston (bishopstone) closed in the early 90’s & now lies intact but empty pending sale or development
MVF risdon at oakhampton has now been sold for development

would be great if anyone out there had a few old MVF truck pics or mill pics , most of mine are the current fleet also any Fowler Bros from Thorncombe near Chard in somerset, Lopen feed mills South Petherton or Wales or the now gone dalgety mill at Chard

my old drive, huntworth WJ52KHH sucker blower sucking out dusty cake & ex dorchester now lifton WJ54VZW refilling the bins with a fresh load

Some older feed trucks

Maybe One for Wheelnut - presume the first is a Timms truck ready for livey ?

And some different shots of the Pauls F7

Sniffy:
Some older feed trucks

It does look familiar, although it could also be Bowmans Flour, any idea where it was taken?

There seems to be some kind of worrying problem with the hairstyles of the day, was the bloke with glasses practising for a role in Michael Bentines Potty Time :stuck_out_tongue:

Also worrying that he appears to be handing a mad bloke a new Dolmar chainsaw

From a little earlier (1960s) does anyone remember Waterloo Cattle Foods? Their HQ was in Hull and they opened a depot in the railway yard in Kirkburton, Huddersfield. The motors were painted a creamy yellow with red mudguards etc, they had a Thames Trader, a Bedford (pre TK) and a couple of Austins FEs I think. One of the Austins had a petrol engine and it could really motor!

Wheel Nut:

Sniffy:
Some older feed trucks

It does look familiar, although it could also be Bowmans Flour, any idea where it was taken?

There seems to be some kind of worrying problem with the hairstyles of the day, was the bloke with glasses practising for a role in Michael Bentines Potty Time :stuck_out_tongue:

Also worrying that he appears to be handing a mad bloke a new Dolmar chainsaw

The bloke in the glasses lent me the pic,he was a young salesman.The pic was for a presentation to the winner of the chainsaw,which had been won by the farmer on the right.He had won a competition organised by Rumavite the animal lick company. Could get you a sample to try Malc :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.