Angus's New Toy [Merged]

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … tscar.html

what Next ? Tornedo or Harrier Jump Jet ? :open_mouth:

I see PC Angus Nairn is getting in on the act again :unamused:

He’ll be asking for his own television program next, “Angus’s h h half hour” :smiley:

this is better!
Nice

Cue lots of post from people, who haven’t bothered to read the article, complaining about a waste of tax payers money. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

nice donation.

uk.cars.yahoo.com/13012011/36/br … car-0.html
hes becoming a bit of a celeb policeman… but in my eyes he will never be better than roadwars pat and carl and tizzy :laughing: :laughing:

I would just like to add my little snippet.

“It has incredible performance yet still does around 30 miles to the gallon. It will attract a lot of attention on the motorways but that is the whole idea - it will remind drivers of the need to keep to the speed limits at all times.”

With emphasis on…

…It will attract a lot of attention on the motorways but that is the whole idea…"

Is it actually wise to have such a distraction on a motorway? Nobber Nairn obviously thinks so, but if he saw you watching Top Gear on your lappy, you’d be right in it. So you tell me, gawping at this fuzz box or Clarkson in something else on the track, which is safer??

Idiots

lets hope that it ends up in a big heap of scrap after one of the clowns driving it wraps it up

I realise that these cars are just to grab attention for publicity reasons while launching a new safety campaign or other, but the traffic cars that the police use now are a bit ott. Do they really need 40/50/60 grand mercs/bmws etc when a 15 grand ford mondeo would do the same job?, can probably hit 135mph or more, nothing can outrun a radio anyway when back up is up the road in front of any chase. The old rovers and vauxhall carltons were good enough in the past and we are a country in recession.

NB12:
I realise that these cars are just to grab attention for publicity reasons while launching a new safety campaign or other, but the traffic cars that the police use now are a bit ott. Do they really need 40/50/60 grand mercs/bmws etc when a 15 grand ford mondeo would do the same job?, can probably hit 135mph or more, nothing can outrun a radio anyway when back up is up the road in front of any chase. The old rovers and vauxhall carltons were good enough in the past and we are a country in recession.

but it is free to them, if you read the article properly

U think that’s bad the Italians have got a lambourghini gallardo :laughing:
I still think my RS turbo could out run that lotus :laughing:

andy187:

NB12:

Im not talking about the Lotus/Lambos as i first stated. But there usual traffic motors, the 530 bmws and barabus mercs etc.

andy187:

NB12:

It’s only free for two weeks apparently.

It is on loan for a two-week trial to a team of officers who will patrol a patch covering 450 miles of highways in the West Midlands

After the trial it will be going back that much im sure. If it doesnt they wont have many coppers they will all be off work with back ache. Its a sports car run on solid suspention designed for the race track first road second. A proper performance road car would be far better all round.

Lotus must be in deep trouble if they have to resort to this. Ditto West Midlands Police.

It will be a shame to see Lotus go, but I won’t be sorry to see the Traffic Police parasitses from West Midlands Police get their redundancy notices, productive workers can no longer subsidise their un-productive jobs. They have to get it into their heads that we can no longer feed those who feed from the public teat.

FarnboroughBoy11:

they still got that have seen pictures of it in a mangled heap in the back of a car

FarnboroughBoy11:

my kawasaki will definately outrun it, and still have 3 gears to go through beyond the top spead of the lotus, :smiley: :smiley: couldn’t beat the radio tho :wink:

PC Angus Nairn said: 'It’s a very quick car and we hope it will prove an effective deterrent to anyone thinking of speeding or trying to outrun us.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article … z1AxAOEJ3V

It wouldn’t deter me from speeding!

Oh, and 30mpg my arse! My 318i gets less than that!

phantom309:

FarnboroughBoy11:

they still got that have seen pictures of it in a mangled heap in the back of a car

Really?? I didn’t know they crashed it. I’ll look on the web for those pics I could do with a laugh!!

grahamzx6r:

FarnboroughBoy11:

my kawasaki will definately outrun it, and still have 3 gears to go through beyond the top spead of the lotus, :smiley: :smiley: couldn’t beat the radio tho :wink:

What? A zx6r, don’t talk through your arse man.