angus nairn

has anyone got a link to an i-player thing? i’ve heard about aberdeen angus being on the telly.
i want to see if it is true about him being an alleged racist. as i’ve been told he only pulls irish lorries.

He is clued up with his job, give him that. The reason he may pull Irish trucks is that usually you will find more ‘problems’ with them. Nobody has anything to worry about if they have nothing wrong whether they are Irish or English, Scottish or whatever.

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

he does like us aberdeenshire lads aswell but hey ho the guy only doin his job and he always been polite and friendly when i’v been stopped by him

hes i think Worcester area super cop got tickets to drive anything trucks and plant wise
he pulled the Paddy cos he had something wrong with the trailer

thats why everyone gets pulled they need an excuse

his brother is plod as well been on telly in various things

hitch:
hes i think Worcester area super cop got tickets to drive anything trucks and plant wise

They dont need a excuse to pull you. They usually pull drivers when they have a excuse to but they dont need one

In the program he said he was suspicious about the truck in front. He knew it was Montgomery and he knows his stuff, driver had fuse out and no tacho. He was spot on. It doesn’t make PC Nairn a genius as anyone of us on here know who are contenders for maybe not running by the rules, but he used his knowledge and pulled the guy and he was right. I don’t think anyone can have a go at him for that.

Its not called racism its called victimisation and your not a victim if your found guilty of something which these 2 were :wink:

Like it or not the Irish have a bad reputation. Thats not saying everyone else is a saint, its just fact

makes you wonder how many trucks were pulled during filming that were OK, but not shown in the program :question: :unamused: :unamused:

phantom309:
makes you wonder how many trucks were pulled during filming that were OK, but not shown in the program :question: :unamused: :unamused:

Yeh they did not show the good boys of the road they just showed the public that all trucks that are pull over are breaking the law thats wot it seemed like. angus is an ■■■ who targets easy nicks anyone can sit on a fly over waiting for a irish truck to pass :angry: :angry:

Phil. Put BBCi Player in your browser. When you get the BBC1 home page up, click on Wed 10th.and Angus MaCoatup, is on at 9/0 pm. “cars, cops, and criminals”. Then sit and enjoy watching Super-Cop doing his stuff.

Are the people on here who watch this and see him pull two Irish trucks and therefore think that this is “victimisation” for real? It’s the Daily Mail attitudes like this which are sending this country to the wall. This guy’s doing his job, and he has more understanding of the industry than a lot of people - Give him a break for crying out loud. He may be your saviour one day when you really do need help.

The TV program has been edited, he may have pulled more than just two trucks, it just so happens that the ones which were committing offences were Irish. Why were these shown? Because it makes good television, simple as that.

As for the holier than thou’ attitude, are you telling me that you’ve never done anything unlawful, whether you knew about it or not? If the answer’s yes, then it’s probably worth getting off the high horse…

Click on this:

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … t_Targets/

Kerbdog:
In the program he said he was suspicious about the truck in front. He knew it was Montgomery and he knows his stuff, driver had fuse out and no tacho. He was spot on. It doesn’t make PC Nairn a genius as anyone of us on here know who are contenders for maybe not running by the rules, but he used his knowledge and pulled the guy and he was right. I don’t think anyone can have a go at him for that.

i just watched it, your spot on. if people run bent, expect to get stopped and face the consequences, like he sais the bosses cannot force you to run bent

Funny how no one has mentioned him driving into the services looking for the scum who rip and targeting our trailer. Cabs etc !
The guy is doing his job and yes as a Ex trucker he has inside knowlage of the scams the tricks etc so yes he uses it wouldn’t you? When you move jobs do you forget the knowlage you picked up for your last job■■?
Let’s face it boys and girls he can only charge you IF your in the wrong.
Many people have critizied cheats that have cost many a GOOD company that have went to the wall because cheating companys have under cut them■■?
And before any one ask’s am not whiter than White and yes have be charged by the police for my own stupidity( phone) but I never once moaned to the cops I knew it was wrong I got caught I accept the fine and punishment! Mick

The other thing I noticed was that he did not jump into the truck and say to the driver - you’re nicked for X or Y
He gave the trucker a chance to come clean and tell the truth before any caution or arrest was done.

Although we did not see one come clean straight away, I suspect that if one did, then all the driver would have got is reported and a fine issued…

How much fairer can he be?

ROG:
The other thing I noticed was that he did not jump into the truck and say to the driver - you’re nicked for X or Y
He gave the trucker a chance to come clean and tell the truth before any caution or arrest was done.

Although we did not see one come clean straight away, I suspect that if one did, then all the driver would have got is reported and a fine issued…

How much fairer can he be?

he had to ROG, as he didn’t have any proof of any wrong doing, he only had a snipet of suspicion. so he had to rely on the numpty driver admitting to a crime instead of denying everything.
they always ask you to come clean, like they’ll let you go if you promise not to do it again. :laughing:

limeyphil:
has anyone got a link to an i-player thing? i’ve heard about aberdeen angus being on the telly.
i want to see if it is true about him being an alleged racist. as i’ve been told he only pulls irish lorries.

Dont think he is being racist, i think he is just using the method of racial profiling.

Like what the police/security do at airports. He is more likely to get an arrest tugging a irish motor compared to say a english haulier.

merc0447:

limeyphil:

Dont think he is being racist, i think he is just using the method of racial profiling.

Like what the police/security do at airports. He is more likely to get an arrest tugging a irish motor compared to say a english haulier.

I don’t wish to be a pedant BUT the Irish aren’t a race, they’re a nation !

I know what you mean though. :wink:

Did anyone look at the speedo of that FH? Looked like he was going a bit over 90 :wink:

hitch:

I may be wrong here but a Police officer can drive any vehicle to a safe place to park it without having the correct licence.