Anger management.

Why is it so many in our profession get so irate if they have to actually have to back off the cruise control now? Yesterday on the A1 between Letchworth and Stevenage (3 lanes) I am behind 2 lorries, 1st one doing 52 by my speedo and 1 in front of me showing as 54. So Mr 52mph goes into nearside lane and we overtake. Mile marker for 2 lane split comes up and Mr 52 mph is halfway down my trailer and cracks on indicator, would have easily been past him in 200yards. What do I get? Him pulling half way into outside lane with full beam on and gesturing me to pull over!!! :open_mouth:
Really?? Wrong game to be in if you are gonna get that Irate about that. Jesus after 14 years in the game it is getting shocking how other supposedly fellow drivers behave now.
Oh and I wasn’t sticking my thumb up at you!! :imp:
Carry on as you were.

streaky:
Why is it so many in our profession get so irate if they have to actually have to back off the cruise control now? Yesterday on the A1 between Letchworth and Stevenage (3 lanes) I am behind 2 lorries, 1st one doing 52 by my speedo and 1 in front of me showing as 54. So Mr 52mph goes into nearside lane and we overtake. Mile marker for 2 lane split comes up and Mr 52 mph is halfway down my trailer and cracks on indicator, would have easily been past him in 200yards. What do I get? Him pulling half way into outside lane with full beam on and gesturing me to pull over!!! :open_mouth:
Really?? Wrong game to be in if you are gonna get that Irate about that. Jesus after 14 years in the game it is getting shocking how other supposedly fellow drivers behave now.
Oh and I wasn’t sticking my thumb up at you!! :imp:
Carry on as you were.

thing is they aint drivers, just because they’ve past a test that allows em to drive a big rig they think there a cool IRT :unamused:
Young lad on the M5 2 days ago nice shiny new merc with all the crap in the windows, curtain 1/4 way drawn hiviz quilted coat on chomping on his bacon roll In one hand coffee in the other :unamused: I’m a Trucker don’t ■■ with me attitude :unamused:

Just done the maths and it would take a minute to gain 60 yards on him with a 2MPH speed differential so you’d need probably a minute and a half to pull out and get ahead enough to pull back in safely, an artic being roughly 20 yards long. So if he was halfway down your trailer at the 1 mile marker with 45 seconds to go before you cleared him then if you’d continued as you were he would be pretty much stuck in L1 at the point of no return, certainly getting to the countdown markers for the exit.

And no it wouldn’t take you 200 yards to pass him, it would take you the thick end of 1000 yards leaving him maybe a few hundred yards and 15 seconds or so to get out, something thats not likely to happen if its someone like you behind you.

Jesus after 14 years in the game it is getting shocking how other supposedly fellow drivers behave now.

Indeed it is. People who were driving as long as me and longer would’ve moved over to let him out instead of just sitting there like you did. I can only think he’s an old timer who was expecting that courtesy which unfortunately new-comers like yourself seem not to be bothered with.

I know of one so called Driver who was ordered to go to Anger Management Therapy, he used to chase cars that had cut him up & cut them up just to prove a point.
I can never understand why companies keep these Idiots employed ■■?
(Especially after they’ve had a few complaints against them)
There’s always at least one on a fleet. I wouldn’t give 'em the keys to a Milk Float or an electric wheel chair (what they’ll end up putting some poor innocent bystander in !)

Jesus after 14 years in the game it is getting shocking how other supposedly fellow drivers behave now.

Indeed it is. People who were driving as long as me and longer would’ve moved over to let him out instead of just sitting there like you did. I can only think he’s an old timer who was expecting that courtesy which unfortunately new-comers like yourself seem not to be bothered with.
[/quote]
Since when has “14 years in the game” made someone a new-comer? :unamused:

I was passenger in a car on a trip around about half the M25 yesterday. The sheer amount of lorries being driven poorly was unbelievable. The angry, agressive types were out, those who are way over-confident in their own sadly-lacking abilities, plus those who simply don’t have a clue and shouldn’t be let near a lawnmower. Then those which are obviously being driven while the driver’s eating/on the phone/whatever, oblivious to the fact that he’s just had the nearside wheels on the hard shoulder for the past 200 yards.

I had grown to hate the haulage industry before I left it, and I mean really despise it and the idiots encountered every day. Every day that passes since, I am glad I packed up and went and did something else.

Olog Hai:
I was passenger in a car on a trip around about half the M25 yesterday. The sheer amount of lorries being driven poorly was unbelievable. The angry, agressive types were out, those who are way over-confident in their own sadly-lacking abilities, plus those who simply don’t have a clue and shouldn’t be let near a lawnmower. Then those which are obviously being driven while the driver’s eating/on the phone/whatever, oblivious to the fact that he’s just had the nearside wheels on the hard shoulder for the past 200 yards.

I had grown to hate the haulage industry before I left it, and I mean really despise it and the idiots encountered every day. Every day that passes since, I am glad I packed up and went and did something else.

Feelings mutual.The standards of truck drivers today is appalling.I have just come back from a fantastic holiday and have decided to pack it all in.I have only worked part time anyway for the last two years.
Something needs to be done sooner than later about these brainless morons who put everyone’s lives at risk.
Just glad I have nothing to do with the industry anymore.

Usually I am very calm behind the wheel, everyone has one of them days where they are not themselves, make a mistake, over react, or get infuriated at a silly wee thing. I’m very short fused, luckily most of my out bursts are in the back of the truck, battering cages and tossing unruly totes about, or today kicking the mince out of stacks of pallets… Why can’t the stack them evenly■■?

But certainly, if professional drivers are driving about having fits of rage when some t0553r cuts them up, a trip down the job centre is required :smiley:

I started to get very ■■■■■■ off with an oxygen thief in a Discovery in Matlock this afternoon. 35 mph regardless of any speed limits, indicating at almost every left and right turn for about 4 miles, hitting the brakes at every bend. Then I thought oh sod the old git, at least I’m on holiday next week, I wont be annoying motorists and peeing myself like said Discovery driver. I’m going to try laughing off crap drivers from now on instead of getting wound up.

albion1971:
Just glad I have nothing to do with the industry anymore.

Apart from slagging off lorry drivers, that is… :unamused:

Cotswoldcrunch:
I’m going to try laughing off crap drivers from now on instead of getting wound up.

No you’re not, you’ll still get wound up. Thats because you know no better. I still laugh at that picture you posted of you parked on the wrong side of the road, blaming another driver because you can’t see to get out. I’d doubt your mentality has changed. You are a class act !!! :smiley:

Mike-C:

Cotswoldcrunch:
I’m going to try laughing off crap drivers from now on instead of getting wound up.

No you’re not, you’ll still get wound up. Thats because you know no better. I still laugh at that picture you posted of you parked on the wrong side of the road, blaming another driver because you can’t see to get out. I’d doubt your mentality has changed. You are a class act !!! :smiley:

Why do I need to get wound up? I get class 1 wages driving class 2, except today I’ve been home by lunchtime everyday this week. I get great nightout money with parking paid on top have a list of what I’m doing over the next 12 weeks. DCPC paid for and decent lorry (makes a change from the junk I drove when on tippers), and I get to travel all over the UK. And no trips abroad. And my colleagues come in on Saturdays to wash my lorry too. :grimacing:

These days I cant be arsed with silly 3 mile overtakes. If its obvious the other wagon is gona pass me, Il switch off the cruise and let him pass. That way my stress levels are lower, his stress levels are lower and every one can crack on with their day.

Its a strange thing though, this driver behaviour malarkey. Down this way its not to bad, I’d say 99% of truck drivers here are friendly and courteous, its the car drivers that are selfish and down right ignorant pieces of crap. Cant say I get much grief from fellow truck drivers, seems generally easy going on the whole.

And the same as above for me. Someone cuts me up? Big deal, probably happen again in ten minutes anyway. Relax, take it easy, no big drama. Life’s too short.

I had a great encounter with a driver on the M1 today. Through the roadworks between the M18/A38 I was doing dead on 80k in the inside lane. Another lorry elephant raced past me and completed the overtake just as we exited the works. I hit cruise resume to take me back up to my cruising speed of 85k and assumed he’d shoot straight up to 90 in his high horsepower Volvo.

Anyway it quickly became apparent he was limited to 80k or whatever as he didn’t speed up at all. Not wanting to leave him there hanging I knocked off my cruise and slowed down until he passed me again. I indicated to pull out and even flashed him back in. I didn’t hold him up whatsoever, maybe he had to stay in the middle lane for a few seconds longer than he had planned. Well, the abuse he gave me was laughable. I got the offer of coffee, a ■■■■■ protruding from the forehead sign as well as a ■■■■■ in the mouth sign. Then after all this abuse he just started laughing at me. To be honest, I think he may have skipped whatever medication he was on.

I am an angry head in my car and also years ago as a bus driver (people do that to you :blush: ) but since in the wagon I chill big time and thankfully that is passing to my car driving, it maybe age but I am enjoying driving more.

I try to be helpful as best I can and thank those that are helpful to me.

I sometimes sit on the limiter when I have to be somewhere or the tacho is nearing the naughty point but I would never dream of being an arse and doing the three mile Elephant race and the like.

Truely the only gripe is merger lanes and people not knowing how to use them, heyho.

All in all wagon, lorry, truck drivers just need to smile more or get laid more, chill factor :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I am paid by the hour, I will slow down to let trucks past/cut in ALL DAY LONG! As long as the the deliveries get done, they don’t care how long. Its hard work turning cruise control on and off all the time, so I have an hour sleepy time also. :wink: :wink:

Jamiemufu:
I have an hour sleepy time also. :wink: :wink:

I have my lay-by kips too, but never set the alarm today, t’was a two hour marathon kip, woke up sweaty as heck as didnt leave the air con on :blush:
Good job all my runs where completed early :wink: :laughing:

Risky business. I have to set my alarm, god knows what time I will awaken from my slumber. I REALLY like my sleeps. Could easily sleep for hours :unamused: :unamused:

Conor:
Just done the maths and it would take a minute to gain 60 yards on him with a 2MPH speed differential so you’d need probably a minute and a half to pull out and get ahead enough to pull back in safely, an artic being roughly 20 yards long. So if he was halfway down your trailer at the 1 mile marker with 45 seconds to go before you cleared him then if you’d continued as you were he would be pretty much stuck in L1 at the point of no return, certainly getting to the countdown markers for the exit.

And no it wouldn’t take you 200 yards to pass him, it would take you the thick end of 1000 yards leaving him maybe a few hundred yards and 15 seconds or so to get out, something thats not likely to happen if its someone like you behind you.

Since when has it been the overtakers problem if the overtakee cant be arsed to back off a bit to get into the lane he wants to be in?
Did the overtakee know for sure that the overtaker had no one down the side or approaching at speed in lane 3?
Just to add, your maths is wrong if you think an artic is 20 yards long!