AndyM trucking stateside pics

For those of you that dont know AndyM has flown out to the States to attend the Mid American Truck Show 2004 but prior to the show he has been spending a couple of days trucking with me around Ohio. We’ve taken a bunch of pictures and they can been viewed at my website.

AndyM & Bully Trucking In The USA

Bully

Judging by the grin on his face he is having a great time. :wink: :smiley: Has he been to that college you deliver to yet? :wink:

Hey Bully, Where did you get that ‘Union Jack’ plate :question:

I have been looking all over for one, I have small flag stickers each side of the cab but really want a plate :slight_smile:

he,s gotta bigger grin than a chesshire cat :laughing: by the look of it he won,t want to come home, may be a perminant fixture in that mack :wink: :wink:

Eyup Andy I thought you had a retest soon I didn’t realise it was in the States :laughing:

Hey Pat, I have a Scottish flag plate on my truck and as it happens on my personal vehicle too, I find it and a union jack one which I wouldn’t want, very easy to get. Of the three British stores round here, all of them sell them, I’d be surprised if you can’t find one there.

Stuart

Stuart,

You have 3 British stores there :question: lucky you :exclamation: the nearest I have seen to here is on US 1 north of Peabody MA and nowhere to park a truck in miles. I do sometimes call at a fuel stop on the NH/MA state line where an English woman works and she say’s she will get one for me, but I rarely pass and each time I do she’s not working that shift. :cry:

Nearest we have to an English shop is ‘Molly Mallones’ in Lake George Village they sell a few British foods and sweets.

It seems like most of the British stores are in either Florida or California, wherever the sun is best I think…!!! And Arizona, where the sun never stops shining, we are a different story, cos if I buy a Cadburys Dairy Milk, which I might add I can get from the 99c store here, its melted by the time I get to the car…!!!

But one of the British stores here, as soon as you walk in the door, its the first thing you see, plates and flags for each country in the Union, my cousin has one I have one, and there are a few other Scottish ex-pats here in Phoenix that have them, you see them kicking around sometimes.

I was sitting outside in the care at a Target store waiting for the old lady to finish shopping when this woman pulls up in a Ford Contour talking on her cellphone with a BROAD Glasgow accent, she got off the phone and we started chatting, for about 30minutes, my old lady got ■■■■■■■■■■ Its a small world the people you run into.

Stuart

this sort of thing happens now and then but realey up here where most British have never heard of ‘Lake George’ but I have had one or two encounters.
I sat outside a store in Glen Falls one day and a woman pulled up in a black honda civic with the plate ‘BRIT GIRL’ displayed proudly on the front and rear, she was from MK.

looks like someone has nicked something of the back of that unit, hmmmmmm what can it be■■?
i know its the semi-detached bungalow off the bag :laughing: :laughing:
chris

Pat Hasler:
Hey Bully, Where did you get that ‘Union Jack’ plate :question:

I have been looking all over for one, I have small flag stickers each side of the cab but really want a plate :slight_smile:

I got it of ebay Pat! There’s a guy on there that sell all kinds of flag license plates…just go onto ebay and do a search…I’m sure you will find it.

Bully

Grin??, I couldnt get the smile off my face all the time I was out there… I am back home now, back in the beautiful Dagenham Countryside… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: But Its certainly opened my eyes!!!
I would just like to thank Bully and his family for a fantastic time.
Driving around in a big ole’ Mack is something I would never have been able to do if it wernt for TruckNetUK either, so thanx Rikki!!! :wink:

And as for bumping into people as munchman said, me and Cliff were standing in a nightclub in Downtown Louisville called Coyote’s, with our English t-shirts on, and we spoke to more blokes than birds… mainly coz two came came from manchester, one came from (■■■■, cant remember now… !! :laughing: :laughing: )… but you get the idea… the amount of british ex-pats over there, and not just lorry drivers, is amazing really… the last thing you really expect.

That other bloke we spoke to was from Sheffield, he said he had been over there 3 months. If wearing an England shirt means more blokes come up and talk to you, then I’m not gonna wear an England shirt next year…I want birds to talk to, not blokes!

LOL… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Aint that the truth Cliff… we had more blokes come up and chat to us than birds… and thats embarresing…
Mind you, I did get a nice chat and kiss from the karaoke bird… LOL… But she wernt a British ex-pat though… still I wernt complaining… LOL… :wink:

Yeah, that Karaoke bird was tasty, but mind you I don’t think there was a bird in that place that was’nt tasty! :slight_smile: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Nah, your dead right there mate… The place was Heaving with Fit birds… wall to wall… Just a pity we cam e out of there alone… But we wernt alone… we had each other didnt we Cliff… hahaha

But seriously, the club was fantastic, in the fact that everyone and anyone was there. From Dungeree wearing doods, with caps on, to full grown cowboys with spurs and Stetsons, to the skater-boy type wild childs, to normal blkes off ther street. You would get anything like that over here. There were five bars that were all playing different stuff, from Coutry, to Dance, to Trance, to 70s, to karaoke…

I think I might open one up here in london, it would go down a storm… LOL :wink: :wink:

Actaully we did’nt go there alone, we went with two birds, just that one kept falling off her barstool, after her 20th Heineken! ( neither one had drank Heineken before they met us :wink: :smiley: ) but you’re right we did leave alone! :frowning:

You got a Private Messge Cliff…

Alright, give me a minute and I’ll check it, been getting 'em all day! :astonished:

Oi!, you got one now Andy.