AndyM trucking stateside pics

I live in CA and there are a lot of English stores here, thats where I buy my Cadbury’s (with the whole nuts in them) its tasts a lot better than “Hershy’s” Cadbury’s. they have English, Scotish, and Welsh plates. this bloke is a Scotsman (it’s not his fault though) who ownes this shop he is a real nice guy. trouble is every time you go in he is playing those god awfull Bagpipes. (just kidding) ha ha ha

Well, after being out there for a week, I now know that theres loads of stuff I would miss like crazy…

Pie, Mash and Liquor
Jellied Eels
Proper Chocolate
Proppa Meat Pies, steak and kidney, minced beef and onion, and chicken and mushroom…
… and last but definatly not least… JOHN SMITHS SMOOTH!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
I am certainly not a lager drinker, so I wouldnt last a month… hahahaha :laughing: :laughing:

I am certainly not a lager drinker, so I wouldnt last a month

It would have been OK if we hadnt Drunk the Bar and Distributor out of Killians Red and Fosters Lager :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have personally added a note in the Hotel Bars diary to order in Extra Killians and Fosters for next year :exclamation: :exclamation:

A little info from you English super Truckers, regarding Truck Stops over there. is “Tony’s” of Grantham, the “Jungle” on the way to Scotland, and “Shap fell” still open?, and there was one I used to stop at, at “Lockerbie” it was on the Right if you was traveling North. I think it was on route 75, or 71 I am going back to the mid 50’s now. I used to stop there all the time when I used to drive an old “Thames Trader” you know the “Knuckle” buster. from London to Glasgow, that was 16 hrs hard running back then. we would all leave the “Busy Bee” on the north circular, it was like running in the “Hunt’s Point 500” I drove an old “AEC Mamoth Major” 5 speed gate change, milk crate with a pillow for a seat, from London to Glasgow, that used to be a trip the heater was a little trap door in the floor (it was used to check the oil level) and it served as a heater. (if you could stand the Engine smell)

John…
I dont know “Tonys”…

The Jungle has long been shut, as has the Cafe at Shap…

The Moss I assume is the one on the A74, just north of Carlisle, beforeb Lockerbie, last time I was up that way it was still there but surrounded by Travel Lodges etc…

As for “Super” Truckers, you wont find them on this site, they tend to get laughed at too much :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth:

What you will find is guys with experience over many years and a huge variety of work, also new entrants to the industry with a passion for it,

Thanks RIKKI, the term “Super” Truckers is used by the “Union” boy’s over here they like to call us Owner Opperators this, as we fly by them while they struggle with there 55 mph trucks. “Tony’s” used to be on tha A1 at Grantham, it was I think the first Truck Stop we had over there. in the mid 50’s. yes you are right the “Moss” that was what it was called.take care John T.