And you wonder why? truckers get a bad name!

M42 Northbound, Monday just gone, around 3pm.

This was a British registered truck and we wonder why, we get a bad name sometimes :question:

John

Yep you should never be talking photo’s while driving!!! :wink:

Knew that was coming TC, thats why my camera sits in a homemade holder on dashboard, one push of button and it takes photo through windscreen, no different to switching radio or any other bit of equipment on.

John :smiley:

I had to get in 1st mate with a wink to stop someone else posting the obvious! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

looks like a bowmurs 3 series■■?

paul

flatbedman:
looks like a bowmurs 3 series■■?

paul

How the hell can you tell that :question:. Guessing with a new meaning or what :question: :grimacing:

I would be tempted to send the photo to the local plod. make an example!

Send the photo to Truck magazine. oh no sorry, there isn’t a Truck Magazine any more

why not send it to his company instead :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Because Im not that sad, I can recognise a truck and its operator from a near side mirror.

The police have a computer that shows the registered owner :stuck_out_tongue:

no one’s implying your sad :exclamation: :exclamation: it was so as the company manager could put the driver straight on the lane procedure :wink: :wink:

Was he driving in the outside lane continiously and was his speed limiter working?

Got this guys reg. No. He was in outside lane from j6 thru. to 8. Can’t answer about the limiter, as there is a 50mph limit at the moment due to road works. Did not get company name, thought about old bill, but they probably wouldn’t have done anything :open_mouth:

John

He can’t be too bright though, everyone knows that there’s much less traffic on the hard shoulder. I mean, if you’re going to break the laws concerning where you can and can’t drive on the motorway then you should at least get some benefit from it. :sunglasses:

sorry for being a bit dim but does that rule apply to class 2 driver i didnt even know there was a rule to not be in the outside lane if that is what your picture is saying

again sorry for being dim :blush: must have read it if it is a rule and forgot :unamused:

sorry for being a bit dim but does that rule apply to class 2 driver i didnt even know there was a rule to not be in the outside lane if that is what your picture is saying

again sorry for being dim must have read it if it is a rule and forgot

are you taking the zb

if not , how the hell did you pass your test :smiling_imp:

That would depend on the vehicle the class 2 driver was driving at the time. :wink: :smiley:

From the Highway Code:

The right-hand lane of a motorway with three or more lanes MUST NOT be used (except in prescribed circumstances) if you are driving
any vehicle drawing a trailer
a goods vehicle with a maximum laden weight over 7.5 tonnes
a passenger vehicle with a maximum laden weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes constructed or adapted to carry more than eight seated passengers in addition to the driver.

Hope that helps.

hehehehehe… big andy,wot you want to be in lane 3 any way for is a mystery to me, its bad enuff seeing 7 half tonners flying past with a wobble on let alone a class 2 vehicles…heheheh :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

sorry must have just slipped my mind due to driving 7n a half tonners thx anyway i will store it in the memory banks now :blush:

heheheheheh

terry

did i say i wanted to be in lane 3
having read my post i cannot see that mentioned
get your facts right first :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Coffeeholic:
From the Highway Code:

The right-hand lane of a motorway with three or more lanes MUST NOT be used (except in prescribed circumstances) if you are driving
any vehicle drawing a trailer
a goods vehicle with a maximum laden weight over 7.5 tonnes
a passenger vehicle with a maximum laden weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes constructed or adapted to carry more than eight seated passengers in addition to the driver.

Hope that helps.

[/quote]

The noticeable thing here is that it ONLY applies to Motorways.

Once, on the A46 northbound towards Coventry, lanes 1 and 2 were congested leading up to the exit to the A45, and suddenly, an artic goes into lane 3 and continues towards Cov.

1st Thought. He’s not allowed to do that.
2nd Thought. Perhaps he is.

Looked it up, and he was perfectly entitled to be in Lane 3.

I can’t think of many other situations where it might happen, but it’s certainly a provosi to keep in mind when it might be quicker to Lane 3’it to the next intersersection and then come back from the opposite direction. The A2 Westbound to the M25 is the only other possibility that springs to mind.