And they wonder why there's a driver shortage

gazettelive.co.uk/news/tees … l-15791659

I consider myself lucky i dont do nights out at all :slight_smile: bit its hard enough to find a space for a regular break sometimes, feel for you fellow drivers that have to night out in those places.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Maybe we can all go and sleep in the 60,000 trucks that are parked up somewhere without drivers!!

Why can’t the morons that leave there ■■■■ (sometimes literally) see what they are doing.
Never mind.

Because they don’t give a ■■■■ - well technically they do. Its likely the same lot and their friends* since word gets out that theres no CCTV, so as long as they don’t stay there too often they are very unlikely to get caught. If they provided toilets, it’s that small group who’d mank up them too.

• No I’m not pointing finger at any group like country or similar, scum come from all countries.

folken83:
I consider myself lucky i dont do nights out at all :slight_smile: bit its hard enough to find a space for a regular break sometimes, feel for you fellow drivers that have to night out in those places.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agreed, day driver here too, in the dark especially on a fast moving road it can be a nightmare trying to spot a space in an approaching layby to stop for even a break, when you know full well billy big ■■■■■■■■ :unamused: is only a cars length from your arse before you even dared considered slowing to check for a space.

For overnight stops, layby’s were always my last resort, unless well off the beaten track and within walking distance of somewhere to get a decent meal.

This isn’t about lay bys.
It’s ind estates.
Personally, it’s my preference, if there is access to a toilet, ie pub or supermarket.
The advantage is it’s generally quiet, no changeover at 2am nobody parked next to you.
I can run the motor in the morning when microwaving my porridge without disturbing anyone. And it’s free

The thing is that at Leeming Bar on the edge of that industrial estate is a truckstop that is open 24hrs a day with several toilets in it so even if they don’t park inside for the sake of a few minutes walk they can go use the toilets there. And you can’t say you don’t know it is there because it is right next to the motorway junction, signposted and you pass it as you go towards the industrial estate. Thirsk, the other place they’re on about, is a different story with no facilities at all but at Leeming Bar there is no excuse.

ROADRANGER:
This isn’t about lay bys.
It’s ind estates.
Personally, it’s my preference, if there is access to a toilet, ie pub or supermarket.
The advantage is it’s generally quiet, no changeover at 2am nobody parked next to you.
I can run the motor in the morning when microwaving my porridge without disturbing anyone. And it’s free

+1 on that.
I hate these James Hunts we have to endure among us, who leave all their crap and rubbish after them, spoiling it for the rest of us. :smiling_imp:
We are all tarred with the same brush unfortunately.

Who came up with the bright idea of shiny new laybys on new bypass roads - with no toilets■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

May be it was the same people who did not want to encourage dogging, cottageing, or drug use in the toilets. If they have had trouble in the past they hardly likely to do something that encourages it again.

Odd days:
May be it was the same people who did not want to encourage dogging, cottageing, or drug use in the toilets. If they have had trouble in the past they hardly likely to do something that encourages it again.

Was talking to one of the engineers on the new A14, about the laybys etc, the two large laybys at Wooley on the A1 opposite the research place, we’re going to be a re-modeled, but due to the night time hobbyists, they have been ripped up., Also don’t think there will be any stops on the new road, to keep traffic flowing, also there’s only 1 exit at godManchester (A1198).

Odd days:

Because it would be far too much to ask for The Police to actually ‘‘police’’ the situation wouldn’t it? ie do their job.
Oh I forgot, it’s all about ‘‘resources’’ innit. :unamused:

It was on the news the other night about only 4 officers and cars to cover Lincolnshire, so how far up the priority list do you think dogging would get.

Odd days:
It was on the news the other night about only 4 officers and cars to cover Lincolnshire, so how far up the priority list do you think dogging would get.

Maybe lower than the present example of them detaining a woman who referred to a transexual by his ( or her, I’m confused :smiley: ) previous gender, and certainly lower than catching scrotes nicking our fuel.
I reckon the priority should be recruiting more Police, and getting the existing ones to adapt an old style approach instead of concentrating on pc issues and revenue collection excercises. :bulb:
THINK I’ve mentioned this before. :laughing:

I agree more police but they need to be paid for. Council tax is already going up but like many drivers we are earning not much above minimum wage with no prospect of it improving so do you think that they would be keen on paying out more money for police ? We are a low wage economy now.

Could this portable loo be the answer to the problem ?

There is no driver shortage.

Sploom:
'Open toilets and bad behaviour': Why council banned lorry drivers sleeping overnight in vehicles - Teesside Live

Gotta love the caption for the first picture. Someone really got the creative juices flowing on that one!

remy:
0Could this portable loo be the answer to the problem ?

Ehw I couldn’t be doing with that in the cab.!