And so it begins...........Class 1 Learning Curve

Matchbox - is your place anything to do with B.A.C. ■■?

matchbox:
I have 7 ‘O’ levels, 2 ‘A’ levels

I have a PHD :unamused: … in …

“I told you so” :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

matchbox:

I have a PHD :unamused: … in …

“I told you so” :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well lads after being a “golden oldie” for so long I must say after 35+years in this job you are never too old to learn something new, as to be honest I had never heard of “The Pivot Point” on a trailer as I just did my best to reverse in to tight spots and made some mistakes and not ashamed to say it either, cos, when you get it right in a couple of shunts it looks good but when things go “■■■■ up” you end up looking like you are useless but I still say that is the learning curve (even after all these years) unfortunately the curve never seems to go straighter :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink: :wink: :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

russjp:
Matchbox - is your place anything to do with B.A.C. ■■?

No mate.

The compoud used to be John Dee’s, then George Reynolds’.

Then my place bought the yard.

You got Wraggs (Grampian), C+N (muppets) and us in there now.

gsm31:

matchbox:

Perfect,somebody who can explain how to use the Scientific Calculator I got at Christmas. :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

My first calculator, purchased in the 1970’s, and which I still have, uses Reverse Polish Notation. Great for Scientific stuff, but a bugger for just normal arithmetic.

It was always great fun, when someone asked to borrow it, to then wait for them to ask, “Where is the equals button.” :smiley:

Now. I’m not even sure that I can remember how to use it. :blush: :blush:

good luck with the lessons and test
I’d hate to have to sit my test again now with all the extra bits you now have to do :open_mouth:

Another update - had 2 more lessons since my last post and all is well.

Went out yesterday in the snow :open_mouth: and no problems really.Had a chat with my instructor at the end of the lesson and he reckons my reversing is coming on a treat and driving forwards is not a problem but must be more vigilant with the mirrors as he reckons the examiners are more strict on this now the gear-change exercise has gone(one less thing to fail you on i suppose). Test is 2 weeks on tuesday :open_mouth:

On a different note,just been given an application form for Allinsons in Darlington - i`ve done a search on here but not much info - any further info would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Due to block bookings with my instructor and the silly shifts I work,i`ve just had my final lesson before test day.Did the couple/uncouple thing and reversing for most of the lesson - the good thing i found was when i messed up on the reverse, i was able to correct it without assistance so it is coming together nicely - test is next :confused:

test is next

When :question: - KALMS for a week before it :question: :slight_smile:

AH, know it well, I work at Coundon Ind Est at Freightroute!

Anyway, good luck with the CE mate, Im still trying to get on at DHL in Stockton.

Still waiting.

Out of the frying pan into the fire!

DHL! Matchbox - you’ll be chasing your tail with that mob!
If you’re really stupid (which I’m sure you’re not!) you’ll also work through your 45 - unloading tailers etc - as instructed by them!

Best of luck, but I hope you’ve done your homework.

Russjp - all the best to you as well!

ROG:

test is next

Test is 12th Feb 10:30 am :open_mouth:

russjp:

ROG:

test is next

Tuesday at about 11am on the roads is usually pretty quiet and you don’t have to worry about times on bus lanes unless they are 24 hour :slight_smile:

ROG:

russjp:

ROG:

test is next

Tuesday at about 11am on the roads is usually pretty quiet and you don’t have to worry about times on bus lanes unles they are 24 hour :slight_smile:

The only bus lane which causes a problem has a 3-30pm-6-00pm time slot and if you stay out of it when you shouldn`t they fail you instantly - it has been noted :laughing:

Just had a call from Allinsons in Darlington and they want me to go for an interview on thursday morning :open_mouth: They said they realised that i had my class 1 test coming up but would start me on class 2 as i have no experience which is only to be expected i suppose, as far as employers go,they may not be fantastic but its a foot in the door which after 2 weeks of fruitless job hunting is a real plus :slight_smile:

russjp:
… but its a foot in the door which after 2 weeks of fruitless job hunting is a real plus :slight_smile:

Hi russjp, I admire your attitude and the fact that you seem to be taking the long view. (Other newbies please take note :wink: )
This effort WILL stand you in good stead for the future-- Go for it and Good Luck mate. :smiley:

russjp:
Just had a call from Allinsons in Darlington and they want me to go for an interview on thursday morning :open_mouth: They said they realised that i had my class 1 test coming up but would start me on class 2 as i have no experience which is only to be expected i suppose, as far as employers go,they may not be fantastic but its a foot in the door which after 2 weeks of fruitless job hunting is a real plus :slight_smile:

If you get the job I suggest you just keep you’re head down and just get on with it…

They’re not a bad employer and the kit is well maintained but they don’t like being talked back to :unamused:

Oh, and say as little as possible to your fellow drivers.

steve_24v:

russjp:

If you get the job I suggest you just keep you’re head down and just get on with it…

They’re not a bad employer and the kit is well maintained but they don’t like being talked back to :unamused:

Oh, and say as little as possible to your fellow drivers.

Have you worked there??

Yep, didn’t stick it for long :laughing:

Liked the work but found 'em a bunch of tossers…

Well ladies & gents - today was test day for my class 1 and :

I PASSED with 7 minors

How chuffed am I :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: