An Expensive Poo

One of our drivers was caught short on the M25 yesterday, bad dose of the skitter, so off he pops into South Mimms to use there facilities. Claims the truck parking was ALL full so parked at the back of the coach parking area. Thought nothing off it as there were 2 other lorries in there (Manned) and also asked 2 coach drivers in there if there was a big Coach Driver Vs Truck Driver feud and if they minded him parking in there for 10-15mins whilst he went to un-soil himself… So always was good and my friend runs in like John Wayne, as he describes LOL @ approx 13.00. Does his business, buys a pint of milk and back out at approx 13.15, only to find a CP + Car Park Management fine stuck to his dorr, not his window BUT his drivers door for wait for it…

£100

Anyways off he goes to find this friendly parking attendant who thought his crap was worth £100 of the Queens finest only to find a Spotty, barely out of nappies train tracked teenager. He tries to explain the situation only for this little pubeless wonder to give him the most dogs abuse ever seen. Both coach drivers and lorry drivers jumped out and told this little dweeb to calm down and all 4 backed up our diver, saying it was a bit harsh blah blah blah… Anyways after 10mins of arguing, our driver had to bite his lip as he was going to obliviate this little nerd. I dare say many guys of 42yr old on this forum wouldnt stand abuse from a little JUST out of nappies teeny bopper.

So we tried phoning CP Parking this morning but they deals with tickets only in writing, which can take them up to 10 days to reply, yet youve only 14 days to pay.

So our driver is bemused (Spl) as to what to do…

Any ideas other than pay it?

Some of the legal expert guys will put me right if what I say is wrong…I dont think they can actually make you pay it as its a private company versus you rather than a council/government official issuing you with a proper parking ticket…my missus got an £80 ticket sent to her for parking her car in a supermarket for more than the allowed time for free parking…just kept ignoring thier letters and threats and havent heard anything for the last 6 months…I think this is why they love to stick a clamp on you as you havent get any get out unless you pay whereas a ticket means sweet fa once you have left the services , what exactly can they do apart from go through a small claims court against you ,if they do this you can deny/defend it .

write to them or email get in touch head office

Thats what hes going to do, dingy the letters, which will get sent to Manfright and then no doubt forwarded to him, but hes just going to ignore any letters that get sent…

cp-plus.co.uk/

ignore the tickets, not worth the paper they’re written on. They’ll try it on by sending you scary looking letters, but in reality CP can do f’all.

When it comes to parking enforcement issues, we emphasise the positive. We prefer to work through encouragement and prevention, identifying parking abusers and persuading them through a range of strategies not to re-offend, rather than primarily focusing on punishment and penalties

Taken from their website, never heard so much ■■■■■■■■.

hitch:

DON’T.

That is the worse thing you can do.
Just ignore it it is an invoice not a fine.
If you just ignore them they will give up and go away, if you write to them they will keep hounding you.

Looksy here for all you need to know.

moneysavingexpert.com/reclai … ng-tickets

This may help. :wink:

agreed with ben9,DONT get in touch with them ignore it,also check to see that it is written out correctly,ie name of issuing officer,reg date time that sort of thing,just one digit out and its bog roll mate :wink:

maverick72:
agreed with ben9,DONT get in touch with them ignore it,also check to see that it is written out correctly,ie name of issuing officer,reg date time that sort of thing,just one digit out and its bog roll mate :wink:

To be honest Carl it is bog roll anyway.

Ben9:

hitch:

DON’T.

That is the worse thing you can do.
Just ignore it it is an invoice not a fine.
If you just ignore them they will give up and go away, if you write to them they will keep hounding you.

Looksy here for all you need to know.

Ben9 is right ignore them … I paid but forgot to display and they issued a FINE in an envelope that said it was an OFFENCE for anyone but the driver to remove the envelope from my window ■■? so I am waiting 16 months now for them to take me to court so they can explain to a Judge how they have the right ■■ to decide what is and what is not an offence :confused: :confused:

Besides that the last time I proved to them I had paid I am still waiting for their cheque for my admin costs :imp: :imp:

I only stopped in the place once. Pulled in one Friday night with about 10 minutes driving time left, straight to bed and got knocked up about 3 hours later. Told the car park man to go forth, he said he would call the police, he did, and a pair of gobby plod came and told me to move.

I asked him to sign my card and he did, the stupid fool. So I drove to Felixstowe, swapped my box and went home. It gave me a full weekend in the pub. That was about 1982 :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been through it personally.

The top tips in this thread are the ones saying to completely ignore any correspondence from ANY private Parking Company/Contractor. (I couldn’t resist a little fun though )

The most important thing to do though, is to tell your employer and specifically forbid them to pay any monies to any Parking Control Companies/Contractors on your behalf and give explicit instruction (to your employer) that they are not authorised to deduct any monies from your wages. Nor are they authorised to pass your personal details onto any other person/company other than Statutory Entities. (Taxman, Local Authority, Police, Etc etc)

You/he need to be clear, specific, and explicit in his communications with the employer.

If you/he need help with the legalese, drop me a PM.

Unlike official parking tickets, when on private land, it is the DRIVER, not the owner, who is liable, because a contract to park is formed between the landowner and the driver.

taken from martin lewis web site just tell your boss to chuck anything from them in the bin. i use to pick up loads use to take them back to the office and give them to the boss, he would take one look at them screw it up and file it under “B” for bin :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

An invoice landing on your doormat may be the first you know of a parking ticket, but it’s no reason to feel alarmed. The most important thing to understand is …

If you weren’t driving, you’re not liable and you’ve no need to tell who was

If you weren’t the driver simply state that, as the owner, you’re not liable for any costs, and you’re not prepared to state who was driving and are under no obligation to do so. Hopefully, that’ll get the message across and they won’t contact you again. It’s best to do this in writing so you have a record of what was said.

However, if you were driving don’t be tempted to lie: it could land you in serious trouble in the unlikely event the case ever went to court and witness statements or CCTV proved the opposite.

If the firms contacts you again, write back politely asking them not to harass you, stating you’ve made it clear the ticket’s nothing to do with you and it should back off. If it continues to hound you, resend the letter and threaten that you will report the matter to the authorities if they don’t stop.

Tell him and the boss to totally ignore any correspondance, theres sweet f.a. CP can do, they’ll threaten all sorts, but thats all they are, threats.
Bear in mind CP was set up by a bunch of ex coppers, and they use the intimidation and scare tactics they were trained in to scare people into parting with their hard earned, their tickets and letters claim to be fines and orders, they’re styled to look like police stationary so as to scare folk, but they’re a commercial enterprise, and so can only issue invoices. They’ve never taken anyone to court yet, because they could not defend their charges and penaltys as fair and in proportion to any revenue they or the car park owner may have lost

scottishcruiser:
One of our drivers was caught short on the M25 yesterday, bad dose of the skitter, so off he pops into South Mimms to use there facilities. Claims the truck parking was ALL full so parked at the back of the coach parking area. Thought nothing off it as there were 2 other lorries in there (Manned) and also asked 2 coach drivers in there if there was a big Coach Driver Vs Truck Driver feud and if they minded him parking in there for 10-15mins whilst he went to un-soil himself… So always was good and my friend runs in like John Wayne, as he describes LOL @ approx 13.00. Does his business, buys a pint of milk and back out at approx 13.15, only to find a CP + Car Park Management fine stuck to his dorr, not his window BUT his drivers door for wait for it…
O D COULD OF HAVE BROUGHT A TOILET FOR THAT AND PLUMBED IT IN TOO PLOPPIE ABOUT LOL LOL LOL WELL ITS ONLY MONEY PAY IT MAYME DRIVER SHOULD HAVE PHONED IN SICK AND LOSE A DAY S WAGES ANYWAY GOT TO GO GET IT WOODY IN 59 SCANIA TOPLINER IN SPAIN

£100

Anyways off he goes to find this friendly parking attendant who thought his crap was worth £100 of the Queens finest only to find a Spotty, barely out of nappies train tracked teenager. He tries to explain the situation only for this little pubeless wonder to give him the most dogs abuse ever seen. Both coach drivers and lorry drivers jumped out and told this little dweeb to calm down and all 4 backed up our diver, saying it was a bit harsh blah blah blah… Anyways after 10mins of arguing, our driver had to bite his lip as he was going to obliviate this little nerd. I dare say many guys of 42yr old on this forum wouldnt stand abuse from a little JUST out of nappies teeny bopper.

So we tried phoning CP Parking this morning but they deals with tickets only in writing, which can take them up to 10 days to reply, yet youve only 14 days to pay.

woody90:

scottishcruiser:
O D COULD OF HAVE BROUGHT A TOILET FOR THAT AND PLUMBED IT IN TOO PLOPPIE ABOUT LOL LOL LOL WELL ITS ONLY MONEY PAY IT MAYME DRIVER SHOULD HAVE PHONED IN SICK AND LOSE A DAY S WAGES ANYWAY GOT TO GO GET IT WOODY IN 59 SCANIA TOPLINER IN SPAIN

£100

And in some sort of Essex way, that makes sense? :open_mouth:

So if you park up overnight in a MSA and you don’t pay, then you get a fine can you just ignore it. If so, why aren’t we all just telling the so called ‘security’ where to go with his parking ticket ?

Kerbdog:
So if you park up overnight in a MSA and you don’t pay, then you get a fine can you just ignore it. If so, why aren’t we all just telling the so called ‘security’ where to go with his parking ticket ?

I reckon if you did that you would wake up in the morning with a big yellow clamp on one of your front wheels , but if you parked up on an MSA for a short while and only got a ticket once you had left theres not really a lot they can do about it

Ah well sounds promising…

What about the ■■■■■■■■ parking attendant?? Go back in disguise and show him the LOVE HATE tats on the knuckles :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: