Am worried. Any advises greatfully reciveed

My agency gaffer says it might be kicking off in the fules busines soon and hes asking if il’l go to Immigham or Ellsmere Port or Birmingham (is it Kingbury I think) and do the petrol deliverys and cross picket lines.
I relly need to work but dont want to get in any bother. What should I tell my gaffer?

Whaat do you want us to say?

“Yes dear;” pat pat. “Of course it’s all right to drive through drivers just trying to defend their overpaid jobs.”

“WTF? You call yourself a driver? Get on with the job and never mind the whining gits round the blazing drum at the gate.”

What do you think why they pay you £40000.-/Year?

I wish i did earn 40 thousand beleive me :unamused: . Am Nowhere near 40 thiousand that the fules guys get

Splendid Cat:
My agency gaffer says it might be kicking off in the fules busines soon and hes asking if il’l go to Immigham or Ellsmere Port or Birmingham (is it Kingbury I think) and do the petrol deliverys and cross picket lines.
I relly need to work but dont want to get in any bother. What should I tell my gaffer?

Just do what you gotta do, you are an outsider. If it was your fellow workers that you work alongside on a daily basis then i would say no way do you cross that line but it’s people you don’t know and it sounds like your’e desperate for work/money.

Well, yes and no.

I’ve no problem doing the job of someone on strike, I need work, they don’t want to work, no probs to me.

HOWEVER, I dislike doing the job of someone else for less money, the job should pay the going rate.

If your question is just whether I’d go through a picket line or not, the answer is yes, as long as it doesn’t put myself or anyone else in danger - I won’t barge through if they’re blocking the gate, but I won’t put myself in harms way either, if I felt threatened, I’d not be doing it or I’d not be stopping if I was already there in the truck.

bald bloke:

Splendid Cat:

Just do what you gotta do, you are an outsider. If it was your fellow workers that you work alongside on a daily basis then i would say no way do you cross that line but it’s people you don’t know and it sounds like your’e desperate for work/money.

+2 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i would not worry to much shell drivers have just about agreed to a pay rise for the next five years and the wincanton boys have called off their lastest strike

you really don’t want to be a scab. your wife will leave you. they don’t like living with scabs.
shops won’t serve you, paving slabs will be thrown at you from motorway bridges.
but on the other hand. i’ve heard a rumour that there is going to be a new tv programme called
“worlds scariest, toughest, and scabiest truckers”.

limeyphil:
you really don’t want to be a scab. your wife will leave you. they don’t like living with scabs.
shops won’t serve you, paving slabs will be thrown at you from motorway bridges.
but on the other hand. i’ve heard a rumour that there is going to be a new tv programme called

My wife likes me earning money you know the usual bills and kids. Im quite new to all of this so thought i couild ask the question from blokes that know from experince.

Splendid Cat:

limeyphil:

My wife likes me earning money you know the usual bills and kids. Im quite new to all of this so thought i couild ask the question from blokes that know from experince.

i just can’t understand why anyone would even consider crossing a picket line. those that stick together should be applauded. and anyone that crosses a picket line are sticking two fingers up to all those in the past that fought to abolish child labour, get equal rights for women, abolish apartheid, and all manner of people that stuck together to make the lives of others much better. they weren’t thinking about number 1, they were thinking of others.

limeyphil:

Splendid Cat:

limeyphil:

i just can’t understand why anyone would even consider crossing a picket line. those that stick together should be applauded. and anyone that crosses a picket line are sticking two fingers up to all those in the past that fought to abolish child labour, get equal rights for women, abolish apartheid, and all manner of people that stuck together to make the lives of others much better. they weren’t thinking about number 1, they were thinking of others.

I wonder what people wouild do if they were asked to cross a picket line of bankers and fatcat gaffers that were on strike.

i would use an ATM.

limeyphil:

Splendid Cat:

limeyphil:

Limeyphil you put some rubbish on here but this time you are right,how would Splendid Cat like someone else to come and do his job.These driver’s might be on more than most of us but they get it because they stick together,maybe if we all stuck together we would be on the same money instead of working 2 weeks hours each week for 1 weeks money.

there is a word that describes the reason why people won’t stick together for the greater good.
me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me.

Splendid Cat:

I can assure you there is no way you will be let loose on fuel deliverys straight away even if you have done the job before,it seems to me that you haven,t the job involves lots of paperwork, legal paperwork by the way then you have to be trained to work out of every terminal that you load from. Retail work and Commercial work can have different discharging procedures !!

Thanks. Ive looked at some websites and it sounds like the fules driver’s are having it really bad. Ill tell my gaffer that i dont want to sign up for any training and go and do there jobs.

Splendid Cat:

Who pays your mortgage or rent? who puts the food on the table? will they help you when the chips are down? NO Its a cut throat world out there, and "the meek shall not inherit the earth, they just get trodden on. Never used to be like this but Ive had my toes trodden on too many times

I can honestly say that I personally would never - ever cross a picket line.

There’s always another job even if its not driving.

would not think twice ,they want to strike let them ,you want to work get on with it