All set and ready to go..Update

Experience is always going 2 b an issue isn’t it mate. Maybe try a small family firm? I think if ur interested in the job and show that u wanna learn and work ur way up a smaller family firm might b a good option… U don’t mention ur age, is this another problem u have? I did my class 2 a couple of days b4 my 18th birthday and my class 1 wen I just turned 19 and I’m nearly 23 now n if I hadn’t av been workin 4 the company where I work before I did my test I wouldn’t av stood a chance getting a job anywhere (for any1 wondering how I did it b4 I was 21 I was on the young drivers scheme.) lol

I got told about the two years bit when I registered with an agency last monday… I worked thursday and I am back in on tuesday doing class 2 [I passed on the 23rd March]

Its 2 years till they risk loosing a job…

The annoying thing is im 46, been driving double decker coaches all over Europe so not realy a novice with no experience, though it appears you need more experience to carry parcels and potatoes than you do to transpot people. cant figure myself?

Madguy :imp:

Where did you take your test?

Weedon Bec?

I did my driver training with Hughes, they were awesome, did class 2 and 1 with them, and my CPC stuff as well :smiley:

byebyegti:
Where did you take your test?

Weedon Bec?

I did my driver training with Hughes, they were awesome, did class 2 and 1 with them, and my CPC stuff as well :smiley:

yeh did mine at Weedon, I cant say it enough, Hughs training realy are excellent, i wish they could get me in sooner for my class 1 i would not hesitate to go back…

Phil took me for my class 1, and Martin for my class 2.
Mike did my CPC training.

All great guys, couldnt recommend them enough.

i did mine at Weedon bec as well :smiley:

byebyegti:

Mike took me for my class 2, really nice guy, very pateint and what can i say, i passed with not even a minor so it must be down to the training.

madguy:

byebyegti:

Mike took me for my class 2, really nice guy, very pateint and what can i say, i passed with not even a minor so it must be down to the training.

Don’t tell him that, his heads big enough already :smiley: lol

Another update,

Well after passing my class two thursday before last i decided on last tuesday to go on a job hunt, went round a few companies with my CV
, registered with a few agencies got a mixed response from need two years experience to yes we will see if we can get you some work.

Anyway got a call last night from a company i dropped my CV off to who said " there merging with another company and getting three new 18ton trucks at the end of the month and need three new drivers am i interested?"

Was on there doorstep this morning at 9am and great news, start work full time on monday morning.

It gets even better, i told them i will be taking my class 1 in a few weeks and they said no problem with time off to do it, and as lomg as i pass they will put me up to class 1.

It gets even better as well, the company is 2.4 miles away from my front door, and even though its multi drop, its all local on class 2 and longer distance on class 1.

And to top it off, they load the wagon, print the route and unload when you return as well.

From what i can see i,ve landed squarly on me feet and feelin on top of the world.

Will keep you updated with how it goes but thanks everyone for there help, encourafment and advice.

Madguy. :imp:

Oh happy days…

nice one.

you see, i’ve been trying to tell everyone. you make your own luck.

good luck with it big dog :wink:

Fantastic mate. Best of luck when going for Class 1 :slight_smile:

Hey madguy FANTASTIC NEWS, well done mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I got a start too, got a days driving with an agency tomorrow and start full time on Monday coming. Ain’t life grand.
Rich

Nice one. That was very lucky. Good luck with the job. :slight_smile:

nice one fella , thats the companies to work all encouagement no negatives , I bet by a couple of weeks working there it will feel like family and go get that class 1 your lucks in at the mo

(by the way can I have next weeks lotto numbers please :wink: :laughing: :laughing: )

jx

Thanks Guys,

Hey Rich, great news all round by the sounds of it, your not far from me we should meet up one night for a coke and a burger and talk crap, drop me an email and i send me number over.

Thanks to the rest of you guys, im feelin really good now, can actually sign off on friday and get back to work.

What i will say to everyone out there is keep going, dont give up and all will come good, its no good sittin on your arse and waitin for someone to ring you, go out and get it…

madguy:
Hey Rich, great news all round by the sounds of it, your not far from me we should meet up one night for a coke and a burger and talk crap, drop me an email and i send me number over.

All done, check your email
R

Thought it was time for an update,

Been doing a couple of days training on class 1 this week and went for test this morning, And happy to say I passed with only one minor for indicators, cancelled on a roundabout and didnt put it back on, still well chuffed.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

That’s fantastic. Well done mate. One minor is a very good score.

Hopefully you will be able to go to class 1 in your present company as they promised.

dar1976:
That’s fantastic. Well done mate. One minor is a very good score.

Hopefully you will be able to go to class 1 in your present company as they promised.

Just waiting for the word now !!

Madguy :smiling_imp:

madguy:
Just waiting for the word now !!

Hi madguy,

Here’s the word you’re looking for… :grimacing:

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

If you don’t mind me saying so, that was a very good score indeed. :smiley:

Sorry I missed your Cat “C” pass. :frowning: