All set and ready to go..Update

Hi Guys and Gals.

i have been lurking for a few weeks and thought it was about time I said Hi, so Hi,
Anyway ive started down the path now and getting quite excited, I have booked up with Hughs Driver Training who so far have been fantastic !!
Made contact with them after hearing good things about them and they were the only company who didnt try to get a credit card deposit out of me there and then, so made my decision a few days later and gave the another call.
Paid £150 deposit which covered my theory tests and medical and was off to see there doctor within three days.
i then sent off my medical cert and got my provisional back in just over a weekwhich was last monday and ny thursday i was out on my assessment drive, like i said that was just last week.
Monday today and I have just come back from my first lesson in a great Volvo curtainsider with a really great guy called Phil who is such a nice guy to drive with.
So im back there at 09:15 tomorrow to carry on and booked in for me HGV 2 test on Thursday at 13:15 which is also next door to the training centre im using.

All in all I have to say that so far I have been so impressed with Carl at Hughs Driver Training, nothing seems to be to much trouble for them and it appears that the most i,portant thing to them is getting me a pass on test day.
Will keep you updated as and when but like i said i just wanted to say hi…

Madguy :imp:

Best of luck mate. Keep us updated :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum matey

any questions just fire away we will all try n help if we can , good luck with it all and dont forget to add a diary and we will give you all the support we can

jen x

welcome m8t, as jen says we all here, best of luck :wink:

Welcome mate, all the best with your training, keep us posted :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck,and enjoy it!

Hi again.

Well the day is approaching, I have been training all week in a wonderful Volvo (i love Volvo) curtain sider and my instructor is confident I am ready for my test tomorrow at 13:45.

were doing some reverse training tomorrow and starting early at 07:00 to run through a few pionts and put the final polishing touches here and there, I have to say I am looking forward to it and keeping eveything crossed that I will not tot up to many silly mistakes.

Wish me luck and I will let you all know the rusults tomorrow.

All fingers crossed for you. Best of luck :slight_smile:

Good luck for tomorrow Geez, hope all goes well :imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Guys, few nerves kicking in now thinking about it, thats the trouble when you relax you start over thinking.

Well best of luck for tomorrow!

Good luck dude!!! If my nerves started taking the better of me on my test, I would take a few deep breaths and say out loud “calm down and focus” and it actually worked!

OK time for an update.

Yes !!! I passed my HGV 2 first time, and if im allowed to blow my own trumpet not only did I pass but I also had NO Minors, nothingm zilch, nadda I went through completly clean !!!

And you wont believe how good I feel, ive even laminated the pass sheet just to prove i had no minors…

So I have to say a massive thank you to Carl at Hughs Driver Training for getting me in so quick and especially to Mike as he really is an awesome trainer and a really nice guy, not only did he get me through my test but he also put an end to a bad very old habbit of blipping the throttle in between gear changes, something that i picked up on an old leyland duple coach about fifteen years ago when you had to not only DD the clutch but also had to give a little rev to help the gears slip in…

So now the job hunt begins, im hoping that with my experience on the coaches and my completly clean pass someone will give me a break in the not to distant future… you wont believe how im feeling right now…looking forward now to the HGV 1 as soon as they have a space.

Fantastic. Well done. :slight_smile:

Excellent nice one! Must of been a cracking drive with no minors.

Well done mate. I went thru my class 1 with no minors n u do feel slightly smug don’t ya?! Lol what sort of work u hoping 2 do now u passed?

congrats on the pass

and a clean sheet fantastic

jenx

Like ya little tag line Jen… Lol

Tipperjon:
Like ya little tag line Jen… Lol

:smiley:

Tipperjon:
Well done mate. I went thru my class 1 with no minors n u do feel slightly smug don’t ya?! Lol what sort of work u hoping 2 do now u passed?

Smug?? I feel like shoutin it from the rooftops…as for work, to be honest anything.

I use to drive coaches some years back so i am hoping the two years experience thing wont come up to much, saying that i spoke to a couple of agencies yesterday and still got it even though i explained about driving coaches.

Most seemed more interested in selling me a “SPECIAL” course that only they have which gives you a qualification that employers want and will give you work because you have it…

I know i will have to start at the bottom and thats OK really I would like to get some experience before I go back for my class 1 so if anyone knows of any good agencies or companies around the Coventry and Midlands area please feel free to PM me.

And thanks for all the congrats.