Aldi Swindon what a pile of crap

Just pulled in first time here there’s trucks just parked anywhere its like the wacky racers. Inside warehouse even worse its like the United Nations of truck drivers. Every driver has a different logo on his vest. Shame on you Aldi for self tipping give me a Tesco waiting room any day.

LASHHGV:
Just pulled in first time here there’s trucks just parked anywhere its like the wacky racers. Inside warehouse even worse its like the United Nations of truck drivers. Every driver has a different logo on his vest. Shame on you Aldi for self tipping give me a Tesco waiting room any day.

It don’t get much better once you get on a bay either :frowning:

LASHHGV:
Inside warehouse even worse

No inside the bog at the gatehouse is even worse you’ll see a pile of crap in there.

I had no problems at the chill on Friday morning. Was in and out in half an hour for 14 pallets. Gave the legs a good stretch tipping them out as well.

i never had a problem there! always on the same bay each time tip my 26 pallets and off again!!! whats wrong with self tipping gets you abit of exercise rather than being sat on your ■■■ waiting for hours on end :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Aldi get you to tip the goods to cut down on labour costs and any damage claims…are you working for Aldi or your company ?

I don’t mind the self tipping, but the people who work at Aldi and Lidl RDCs seem to be universally unhelpful, obstructive and deliberately awkward.

Its the push this pull that 50 second training you get on an electric pallet truck with Lidl that gets me.

You’re then left on your own (after signing to say you’ve been trained) with a piece of powerful equipment you’ve never handled before, with no supervision.

The first time I went to Bridgwater LidI I could have tipped my load quicker and more safely with a manual pallet truck. I very nearly crushed myself against some pallets already dropped before I worked out it was better to turn the truck round and follow it, this was not included in the “training”.

Health and safety really should investigate this sharade before someone is killed.

Harry Monk:
I don’t mind the self tipping, but the people who work at Aldi and Lidl RDCs seem to be universally unhelpful, obstructive and deliberately awkward.

I couldn’t agree more.

I had this argument at tamworth…i dont posess a forklift licence…Health and safety , theres a manual one if you like i was told at nearly a ton a pallet… tipped it never went back again, as said by Harry there is an attitude with them an air of your the driver tip it or bugger off…ive seen older drivers with no clue how to use an electric barrow nearly chucking a thrombo on the back trying to pull heavy pallets…sounds like nowts changed…put up or shut up .

After 2 hours waiting for a bay and 1 hour tipping I’m done. Very unhelpful I asked office man where he wanted them. He ignored me until I walked off. I asked a girl about the ramp being stuck. She fixed it but looked at me like I’d said she had a smelly kipper.
As for electric truck well it’s been a while so I dismantled a few of the wooden pallets with the lifting.
Did see an old guy using a manual truck to move 1 ton pallets that’s not right. A driver showed him how to use electric one.
Not looking forward to coming here again it’s a disgrace and serious accident waiting to happen.

if you dont think its safe report it then…

what i don’t understand with you lot is you manage to drive a 44 tonne truck all over the country, but you can’t manage to work out how to use an electric pallet truck :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: “oh sorry i can’t do that i’ve not been trained” is all i seem to hear!!! or have people just got that lazy now!

or do they think that tipping a trailer is beneath them or something?

if you came to our company with that sort of attitude i would have you out on your ■■■ before you had chance to get the seat warm, it makes me mad with all this negative attitude :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

wildfire:
what i don’t understand with you lot is you manage to drive a 44 tonne truck all over the country, but you can’t manage to work out how to use an electric pallet truck :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: “oh sorry i can’t do that i’ve not been trained” is all i seem to hear!!! or have people just got that lazy now!

if you came to our company with that sort of attitude i would have you out on your ■■■ before you had chance to get the seat warm, it makes me mad with all this negative attitude :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

&1 ha ha

I don’t mind self-tip at least you know what’s going on , whereas tesco you could be there for an hour before they even take 1 off

I enjoy going to an Aldi or a Lidl because it’s self tip I get tipped quicker because I won’t stand around chatting, go off on a break with 1 pallet left or do anything else these tippers do to slow the tip down.

You could be a brilliant operator but its like the wacky races inside the building. I had a Belgium driver on the next bay he couldn’t understand me as I couldn’t understand him.

Wouldn’t be trucknet without someone calling someone else. :grimacing:

wildfire:

CMR= Chauffeur Must Rest :wink:

LASHHGV:
Did see an old guy using a manual truck to move 1 ton pallets that’s not right. A driver showed him how to use electric one.
Not looking forward to coming here again it’s a disgrace and serious accident waiting to happen.

So what did you do about it, to make sure a serious accident doesn’t happen?
Other than winge about it on a forum?

Did you report it to the management?
Report it under RIDDOR regs?

I’ve got no problems with a self tip.

However when your put in charge of a powerful bit of kit with minimal training and no experience or supervision thats a real H&S problem.

I was using the electric pallet truck for the first time and thought I was getting along ok but thought walking in front of it was ok. I very nearly crushed myself against some pallets that had already been dropped,then realised it was better to follow the pallet truck, lesson learned.

However had I been crushed who woud have been to blame? I know I was in control of the truck but I had not been properly trained, I had no idea of how powerful they are, or how fast they move when I signed to say I’d been shown how they work.

Someone will be hurt or killed in time by Aldis money saving scheme but what do we care?