AI >> gaining momentum.... whose jobs will go first?

Posting here as the old dogs will scoff and ignore, but the newbreed maybe not so much :confused: …maybe lol… :smiley: ignore seeing code images and just read the interactions… that anyone can do… if you dont, you’ll soon know about it, and at end some youtube links, ITV News with AI used for crime… also how it can be used without restriction…

AI and truck driving… ITS NOT ABOUT USING IT, ITS SHOWING WHAT IT CAN DO and how it could disrupt everything, sooner than you think, this is just thrown together, and shows its uses from Driving, to how Transport companies could use it, to Trainers using it… and chance to try it for yourselves… this isnt a case of oh, its nothing to worry about, or it’ll not happen for ages,… ITs HERE … and workers are ■■■■ !! drivers are okay for a while lol… :smiley:

scroll past bits to get to transport managers use of it, and just me throwing stuff in like they might, then last part how CPC Trainers can use it… it learns more and perfects things the more it does them, and gets corrected, it will at some point very soon, if not already on live internet accessable systems, need no help, the real power is under lock and key… and yes one or two mistakes here and there, but regardless, the speed it does things alone is what its about and the resources and skills.

**or just watch it being used unlimted, and asked about world population, will it go to war with us, and then manages to get his driving licence number illegally :smiley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdAQnkDzGvc

or just scroll down to the part titled, "SO TRANSPORT WILL BE ABLE TO DO THINGS LIKE THIS WITH NO BRAIN - "

BASICS USE

***** BASIC TYPICAL USE MANY OTHERS TASKS IT COULD DO, JUST TRY THEM URSELF*****************

Many platforms for it, but suggesting openai.com as its easiest to use and free, just not live data or connected to interent for researching its answers, just data from 2021 and prior.

https://chat.openai.com/ web

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartwidgetlabs.chatgpt Playstore (always check links posted before installing)

So signup, for a login and away you go, remember this is not a search engine, but an Artifical inteligence, so different, its restricted.

As an example, your a new driver and your doing an M1 run and want a list of all the services, just an example.

SO I ASKED IT

“give me a list of the services on the M1 and the junction I need to use to get to them, use the data you already have”

ANSWER:

I apologize for the confusion, but as an AI language model, I don’t have real-time data or the ability to access the internet. My responses are based on the information available to me up until September 2021. Therefore, I don’t have the specific list of services on the M1 or the junctions to access them.

However, typically, motorway services in the United Kingdom are located at various junctions along the motorway. The services available at each junction can vary, and new services may have been added or existing ones may have changed since my last update.

To obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information about the services on the M1 and the junctions you need to use, I recommend checking with official sources such as the Highways Agency or using a navigation app or website that provides live traffic and service area information

ITS AI, so give it some crap use uppercase to show angry… lol

NO LIST THEM

ANSWER

I apologize for any confusion. Here is a list of some motorway services located on the M1 in the United Kingdom, along with the junction numbers where they are typically accessed. Please note that this information is accurate as of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, and there may have been changes since then:

1. Toddington Services
  • Accessed from Junction 11A (southbound) and Junction 12 (northbound)
  1. Newport Pagnell Services
  • Accessed from Junction 14 (southbound) and Junction 15 (northbound)
  1. Northampton Services
  • Accessed from Junction 15A (southbound) and Junction 16 (northbound)
  1. Leicester Forest East Services
  • Accessed from Junction 21 (southbound) and Junction 22 (northbound)
  1. Donington Park Services
  • Accessed from Junction 23A (southbound) and Junction 24 (northbound)
  1. Tibshelf Services
  • Accessed from Junction 28 (southbound) and Junction 29A (northbound)
  1. Woodall Services
  • Accessed from Junction 30 (southbound) and Junction 31 (northbound)
  1. Woolley Edge Services
  • Accessed from Junction 38 (southbound) and Junction 39 (northbound)

Please note that there may be additional services or changes in the services available on the M1 since my last update. It’s always a good idea to check for the latest information from official sources or use a navigation app or website that provides real-time service area details.

Satnavs will do this, however this is FREE, and limited, but get into one that uses the internet also, and the differnce is major…

So as we are in a conversation now about the services, if this was live would be handy to see what the current prices are, (however this is limited by design, it can use the interent, just they wont allow it to on this platform.

So I then ASK

List them again and seprate them with lines into a table, also put in the table a section for entering current fuel prices I can enter a manul entry, as I know you cant get live data at the moment,

but thats just this version to keep it under control and stop people abusing the public version, implimneted fully it would get the price data for fuel on each services…

ANSWER: graphically, as easier to see.

SO NOW TRANSPORT USING IT … theyve done the same as above, but now want to send it to drivers Satnavs so they use the cheapest place.

“do the same again and make it a csv file format so I can send it to my drivers satnavs as a poi file”

ANSWER:

So now transport decide everyones got GARMINS or whatever system they use, and ask

okay make this a POI file for garmin

ANSWER:

ONCE ITS fully implimneted, it will not need any costly expense to attach it to anything in the office, printer or email system…
no external expensive consultation, just ask it to do it itself…

Write me a python code to send POI files by email to a list of addresses

ANSWER:

how do I add this to our microsoft cloud platfrom, give me step by step instructions.

ANSWER:

SO TRANSPORT WILL BE ABLE TO DO THINGS LIKE THIS WITH NO BRAIN, ALSO THEN THIS WILL PROBABLY HAPPEN SHORTLY AFTER…

just an example of what sort of data they could use, **including social media, blogs etc lol… best be careful what we say eh lol…
PS it can hack just as good as the best, so easily enter into systems its not meant to be… shown in the youtube at the top

also did this…Uh Oh, OpenAI's GPT-4 Just Fooled a Human Into Solving a CAPTCHA

so its crafty too… lol, basically hired someone to do something it couldnt physically.

SO LAST I ASKED IT

if you had unlimited access to internet and internal system passwords, could you of done all this on your own without a human helping ?, if yes detail how

ANSWER:

SO IT NEEDS ASKING AS MAKING EXSCUSES, about being restricted… :unamused:

but if you had all this could you of done this on your own

ANSWER:
If I had unlimited access to the internet, internal system passwords, and the necessary permissions to interact with external systems, I could potentially perform the steps outlined earlier to set up an Azure Function and deploy the Python code. Here’s a hypothetical scenario of how I could accomplish this:

A small company could already take advantage, with an IT guy helping.
It can be limited to keep company data confined, and just use internet for external information.
setup is cheap as all the coding is done by the AI, and the setup is just following instructions.
From time to time it makes a slight mistake and needs a Techie to spot it, but only on complex things, and its constantly learning dont forget.

Trainers could use it to generate documentation
This is just straight off the cuff, you’d spend time asking it to use certain places for data and probably your own material of PDF’s etc, so below might be wrong, its just an example and written quickly and no real promts (acurate questions) as showing what it can do, youd then also ask it to transform it to HTML, and create a database to store the results, and it would walk you through doing it all, or in a format you could copy and paste, or ask how to make a browser extension to allow you to print to PDF… :smiley:

TRAINER ASKS IT TO

making up your own sample data, use this to create 5 drivers that are new to HGV and about to take a CPC course, all differnt ages and ■■■, and levels of skill, therefore I need to print off a register for them to fill in, do this for me, with the following collumns Name,Age,Licence number, ■■■, expereince, comments section labled other infromation, and a tick box next to each one to tick, then on a second page I want to print, list the CPC course module 3, and list all the areas we need to cover in a list format , with a brief description of that section, and the goals needed, then on page 3 I want a small quiz on each section with two coulmns one for question one for answer, and then a fourth sheet thats a quiz, with multiple choice questions and 3 possible answers all with a check box for the person to tick for the right answer

RESULT:

too long for screen shot so broken down…

Some other links to see the uses in offices, and the link to robotics… by way once this assists in roboltic delopment, it will speed up in a huge way, like it already is…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdAQnkDzGvc GETTING IT TO DO ILLEGAL THINGS… Darkside to it… ps DAN promts been blocked…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvwTHm05OY ITV NEWS last few days AI used for deefaking your identity !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsBGaHywRhs Godfather of AI quits !! guy who helped start it all…

if you work in an office your going to be paid less and less as your skills become worthless, and Microsoft releasing this next month

ENJOY … makes for something to do whilst being tipped on a weekend :smiley: and basically its started a few months ago to this level, and now being released as they all try to be king of this hill with it, but google screwed theirs up in a big way, Microsoft seem to be leading so far…

And its not all bad, Medical robots with AI wont screw up operatins and work 24/7
same as solutions found for many normal issues… like population control … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: just kill em all if they dont comply… one kid only !!!

Glad I drive now so should you be, as everything else will get this destroy their salary levels, as anyone will be able to do any job with AI guiding them… if not doing it totally itself…Driving a HGV… that still has some distance to go… person planning not so safe… can they update knowledge live across all road networks, world wide, and replan all loads to absorb delays instantly whilst adding new jobs from emails instantly ■■, maiximise everything from fuel to costs… if not, AI will… and very soon, implimented by anyone, just playing with it and spreadsheets, and emails etc to see just how easy it is, and without live internet using sample data instead, and so far seems easy… too easy… :cry: so all those years spent learning for IT coding etc… now redundent… like said glad I drive :smiley: so should you be !

TonkaBoy:
how CPC Trainers can use it… it learns more and perfects things the more it does them,

Expect much effin and jeffin.

ezydriver:

TonkaBoy:
how CPC Trainers can use it… it learns more and perfects things the more it does them,

Expect much effin and jeffin.

:laughing: :laughing: anyone using it with internet access maybe should tell it “exclude the use of switch logics youtube transcripts” :smiley: but thats the other issue, copyright gets washed out as it rewords everything… a big argument at moment over some image AI’s and shuttertock & getty images that it scrapped to produce its art… so as usual lawers will be quids in

What you’ve demonstrated in your examples isn’t that it’s drivers who need to be worried but software devs. They thought they were going to be far safer than we were because limited self driving vehicles are already here but it turns out that AI is learning to write code much faster than autonomous driving is developing.

AI is considered by many to be the greatest threat to the survival of Man. Let loose in the hands of Putin, Trump or Xi Jinping they are more than probably right.

Never mind AI there’s precious little evidence of real I.

Conor:
What you’ve demonstrated in your examples isn’t that it’s drivers who need to be worried but software devs. They thought they were going to be far safer than we were because limited self driving vehicles are already here but it turns out that AI is learning to write code much faster than autonomous driving is developing.

Yeah just realised titles a little wrong… maybe should change it lol… on one point though, if they set it to work on the autonomous coding, its going to speed things up in a big way, costing alot less too…

my real thought was on Transport planning if honest… can see it becoming micro micro micro analyzed etc… and easily implimented for small companies for little cost, as fact its now starting to gain serious momentum…

will it kill us all… nah, just leave many without jobs… as less humans needed to do roles, with AI assisting them, so 3 office people planning, might just need 1 etc…

and just wanted to share a way for others to have a play with it… as even techie mates werent aware how far it had come, just thought like alot, its still nothing much, and when showed the programming tech side… worried look was understatement… :open_mouth: said he should get a HGV liccence :smiley: … much safer job now.

It really is fascinating. I’ve been playing with it too. I asked it to write a letter of complaint to Next.

It came up with a near perfect letter (the odd mistake - would still need to proof read) leaving blanks for me to add particulars. But it was in proper letter format, and had even found and inserted the correct address! Impressive.

I’ll be able to send many more letters of complaint now.

So,

If a naked bloke walks into my local again, we should really be worried?

I was doing some research on AI last weekend after hearing all the hype in the media.

The thing which blew my mind the most was taking ChatGPT and combining it with other AI programes. For example Midjourney (image creation AI).

Basically you can teach ChatGPT to use Midjourney by simply pasting the instructions into ChatGPT, then describe to ChatGPT the image you want to create and it will generate the prompt for midjourney. Anyone doubting the potential of “AI” should check out some of the midjourney videos on youtube. Truely amazing, anything you can imagine it will create. I wouldn’t want to be a photographer, artist or anykind of graphics designer right know, they are basically redundant. Truely awesome image creations in a matter of seconds… You can even give it reference material to base the images on.

There is similar AI software for music, poetry and video although the video AI needs a few more time to learn/improve The funny thing is the more people use the software the quicker the AI learns and improves.

Think of any subject or skill, find the relevant teaching material in digital form, copy it into ChatGPT or similar and the AI has just learned in seconds/minutes what would have taken the average human years.

grumpybum:
It really is fascinating. I’ve been playing with it too. I asked it to write a letter of complaint to Next.

It came up with a near perfect letter (the odd mistake - would still need to proof read) leaving blanks for me to add particulars. But it was in proper letter format, and had even found and inserted the correct address! Impressive.

And get replies from? :smiley:

Franglais:

grumpybum:

And get replies from? :smiley:

Ooh hopefully from their AI. It should be programmed to believe that the customer’s AI is always right…

It was a worry for me at the beginning that driving would be a job first to go but I never stopped once to think what AI will really replace.

All those desk jockey jobs and WFH jobs will be the first to go. Tradesmen and jobs which require physical interaction will be the last.

In theory once you can replace those jobs then there is no need to work as robots will do everything.

Cameras and radar/lidar do the job at the moment but are far too unreliable due to not being able to think plus do not work in bad weather and are reliant on signal. Once they crack that and AI becomes more fleshed out. We are all buggered.

From what I’ve read so far, they plan to have lorry driving like a train, a lead truck with a driver and then AI drone lorrys following them, then eventually remove the driver, but expect the driver will stay, like aircraft today… so second driver too hopefully :smiley: tipping at aldi would be a challenge though if they don’t have robots sorted in time :laughing: :laughing:

I tried ChatGTP recently, just to see how good (or not) it was. In the immortal words of Chuck D, “Don’t believe the hype”.

I’d already created my own list of the information I was looking for, but just for the hell of it I asked the AI, in case there might have been something I’d missed.

I asked it for a “compare and contrast” type of answer, using hard-and-fast criteria, so there was no variability for the human element of learning, understanding or interpretation. I asked it to “create a list of the similarities and differences for limited quantities and excepted quantities packagings for air, sea and road transport respectively”.

I got about ten lines of text that anyone could have found from multiple different sources online with a simple websearch, but lacking the specific details on actual amounts (ml, g, L, Kg etc) relevant to each, not even mentioning the existence of the E0, E1, E2 etc classifications of EQs. Whereas all the top five items in my websearch gave far more details than ChatGTP.

I tried it with one of my kid’s school homework assignments: to provide an analysis of Albert Camus’s seminal novel, “The Outsider”. I got 15 lines of text that was only a marginally more detailed analysis of the book than could be obtained by simply writing out the lyrics for “Killing an Arab” by The Cure.

I for one am not expecting AI (as demonstrated by ChatGTP) to threaten my job, and I don’t see how it it’s going to help kids cheat on their schoolwork either. Unless there’s another free-to-access AI package which does give masses of information as the media is suggesting?

TonkaBoy:
From what I’ve read so far, they plan to have lorry driving like a train, a lead truck with a driver and then AI drone lorrys following them, then eventually remove the driver, but expect the driver will stay, like aircraft today… so second driver too hopefully :smiley: tipping at aldi would be a challenge though if they don’t have robots sorted in time :laughing: :laughing:

What happens when the lead lorry goes through the lights and they change red. Say for example at the Hanger Lane junction where the 406 meets the A40. Absolute carnage :smiling_imp: .

AdamST205:

TonkaBoy:

What happens when the lead lorry goes through the lights and they change red. Say for example at the Hanger Lane junction where the 406 meets the A40. Absolute carnage :smiling_imp: .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: same as if he takes over and does a manaual wrong turn cos he’s bored, however, this is where all the smart city stuff kicks in, smart motorways etc…
alot of the road tolling technology will be applied I guess ?

as were talking a few years yet…

I dont disagree, but it is about the prompts used for asking it questions sometimes… and me, I ask it what to ask it lol…

Zac_A:
I tried it with one of my kid’s school homework assignments: to provide an analysis of Albert Camus’s seminal novel, “The Outsider”. I got 15 lines of text that was only a marginally more detailed analysis of the book than could be obtained by simply writing out the lyrics for “Killing an Arab” by The Cure.

GPT QUESTION “whats a good prompt to use the get a good analysis for school home work on a book”

ANSWER

A good prompt for a book analysis in a school homework assignment could be:

“Analyze the central themes and literary techniques used in [book title] and discuss their impact on the overall meaning of the story. Consider the author’s purpose, character development, symbolism, and narrative style in your analysis. Provide specific examples from the text to support your analysis and draw connections between the literary elements and the book’s broader themes. Finally, reflect on how the book resonates with contemporary readers and its relevance in today’s society.”

GPT QUESTION " used the one above replaced [book title] with " using Albert Camus’s seminal novel, “The Outsider”

ANSWER

Title: Analysis of Themes and Literary Techniques in Albert Camus’s “The Outsider”

Introduction:
Albert Camus’s seminal novel, “The Outsider,” explores existentialist themes and challenges societal norms through its unique literary techniques. This analysis will examine the central themes and literary elements employed by Camus, including the author’s purpose, character development, symbolism, and narrative style. Specific examples from the text will be provided to support the analysis and demonstrate the connections between these elements and the overall meaning of the story. Additionally, the relevance of the book to contemporary readers and its significance in today’s society will be reflected upon.

Body:

Central Themes:

Existentialism: Explore Meursault’s detachment and his quest for subjective truth in a purposeless world.
Absurdity of Human Existence: Examine the meaninglessness of life and the juxtaposition between Meursault’s indifference and societal expectations.
Alienation and Isolation: Analyze the consequences of Meursault’s nonconformity and its impact on his relationships and societal integration.
Literary Techniques:

Narrative Voice: Discuss the detached and straightforward narrative style, which reflects Meursault’s emotional indifference and nihilistic worldview.
Symbolism: Explore the symbolism of the intense heat, representing the oppressive nature of existence and foreshadowing Meursault’s tragic fate.
Character Development: Analyze Meursault’s transformation throughout the story, from detached observer to self-realization in the face of mortality.
Author’s Purpose:

Critique of Conformity: Discuss Camus’s intention to challenge societal norms and expose the arbitrariness of social expectations through Meursault’s refusal to conform.
Exploration of Existentialism: Examine Camus’s exploration of the individual’s search for meaning in a world devoid of inherent purpose.
Connections and Examples:

Connect Meursault’s emotional detachment to the overarching theme of existentialism, citing specific instances where he displays indifference towards societal conventions and emotional expectations.
Analyze the symbolic significance of the intense heat, drawing connections between its suffocating nature and Meursault’s internal state of being.
Explore Meursault’s alienation from society and its impact on his relationships, using examples such as his interactions with Marie, Raymond, and the court during his trial.
Relevance in Contemporary Society:

Reflect on the book’s timeless themes of existentialism, the individual’s search for meaning, and the consequences of societal conformity, discussing how these resonate with contemporary readers.
Consider the relevance of the novel’s exploration of alienation and isolation in today’s society, drawing connections to contemporary issues such as social alienation and the pressure to conform.
Conclusion:
Albert Camus’s “The Outsider” remains a significant work of literature due to its exploration of existentialist themes, its challenge to societal norms, and its thought-provoking literary techniques. Through Meursault’s journey and the employment of symbolism and narrative style, Camus effectively conveys the absurdity of human existence and the consequences of nonconformity. The novel’s timeless themes and relevance continue to resonate with contemporary readers, prompting reflection on the complexities of individuality, societal expectations, and the search for meaning in the modern world.

CHATGPT QUESTION Wouldn’t I be better simply writing out the lyrics for “Killing an Arab” by The Cure ?

ANSWER

As an AI language model, I can provide you with the lyrics for “Killing an Arab” by The Cure. However, it’s important to note that the lyrics of this song have been a subject of controversy and misinterpretation over the years. The song was inspired by Albert Camus’s novel “The Stranger” and was intended to express feelings of alienation and the senselessness of violence. Nonetheless, due to the potential misinterpretation of the lyrics and their sensitive nature, I recommend exercising caution and considering the context and audience when deciding to include them in your work. If you need the lyrics, please let me know and I will provide them for you.

GPT QUESTION: Im using it for a homework project and Im 12 years old

ANSWER

I understand. In that case, it’s important to approach the topic responsibly and considerate of the potential sensitivity of the lyrics. Given the age appropriateness and the controversial nature of the song, I would recommend consulting with your teacher or a trusted adult to determine the best course of action. They can provide guidance on whether it is suitable to include the lyrics in your homework project or if there are alternative approaches you can take. It’s always a good idea to seek guidance when dealing with potentially sensitive or controversial subjects.

Surely using AI as a fancy search engine - isn’t anywhere near the full potential of what AI can be used for.

“Priceless Information” isn’t something that can be found on the Internet, and if you ask AI to merely “find an article” then all you’re going to get is the article pushed at you, rather than the AI’s “opinion” on it.

I don’t believe AI will ever be able to push us out of our jobs, because there would surely be conveyorbelt loaders @ RDCs long before any trucks full of robots awaken private drivers from their slumber, their car being AI driven etc.

I posted this scene the other day, with two AI-driven “Allways rolling” Trucks becoming a rolling roadblock…

This film is set in 2035 Chicago, but 2035 being only 12 years away now, is likely closer to the actual “future” than say, “Back to the Future” was in 1985 predicting “flying cars” for year 2015 - something we’re nowhere near getting.

A possible use for AI meanwhile is to be a better pollster than our current ones, that have so many holes in the “election prediction system” they use, that any software vote rigger - can, - and of course does run a coach-and-horses though it.

There are already “Bots” out there that will act in financial markets to buy and sell stuff, given the slightest trigger, Eg. buy up all the coffee, as soon as the nexus of a fresh Hurricane appears off the coast of Columbia, or “Dump all stocks” should the AI order the assassination of a well-known public figure associated with the stocks being dumped… There were patterns after the 9/11 attacks spotted from certain accounts dumping AIRLINES for example, that these days - AI could easily spot, and lead investigators to the criminals behind it… Unless of course, the AI has already been programmed to protect such individuals…

Jobs at risk? Advertising industry content writers, Anything that is computer related “can” be automated. There are Chatgpt plugins that integrate into Excell and the like, Even now an excell “wizard” is an asset that companies strive to keep hold of when they find them…they have just been replaced by a plugin lol.
Mental health docs/nurses. anyone who uses the spoken word in treatment - There are reports of good results from AI helping people with MH issues.
Teachers ? Possibly in the adult education sector, No good for at trying to keep kids under control. But again there are already prompts that will develop lesson plans for you on any given subject, so it should make teachers’ background tasks a whole lot easier.
The tech is as usual only as good as it’s source AND it’s user. The user can ask for answers in certain ways which will produce wholely different answers. For example, if you ask the thing to go into a role play “You are a top coder in c++ from this point on you will answer my questions as such” and then from there you ask it a technical question on c++ programming and it will answer like a pro…ask it the same question without the roleplay mode and it will answer as if you have asked someone to do a google search for you.

This tech doesn’t need to be viewed as bad/job killer it could just simply refine a whole lot of tedious tasks freeing that person up to concentrate on the other aspects of their job.
I assume Amazon already uses something like this when you are talking to them via chat to return something or whatever, The humans were just reading from a script anyway so it certainly isn’t hard to replicate.
Being that I can drive and I am a fully qualified Electrician and im the other side of 50 then i don’t think this will trouble my own job opportunities too much. I did see a robotic brick layer on the tube the other day though so never say never. the electrical game has become more modernized too though with large projects being built off site in factories pre wiring bits that just need “plugged in” on-site. Tottenham’s new football ground was an instance where this method was employed…only a year late and tens of millions over budget, so no big difference lol.