Agency's

What’s the score with every company using these ■■■■■■ Just been on the dole Waller site and every job is agency ■■■■■ with that like al have to retire and rot at Fergys at this rate

They aren’t ‘real jobs’ being advertised matey…

company’s love agency’s

when it’s busy they’ve got a driver,when it’s quiet,nothing to pay out,no rights

Yep a reet parcel

GavMc P11GT:
What’s the score with every company using these [zb]? Just been on the dole Waller site and every job is agency [zb] with that like al have to retire and rot at Fergys at this rate

Translation:

What is it with employment agencies:
I’ve recently been browsing the Internet and in particular the Job-centre Plus website.
I was shocked to discover that all the jobs being advertise on the Job-centre website are non existent jobs being advertised by employment agencies. Which is very frustrating when I’m looking employment.
At this rate my quest for fulfilling gainful, full time employment with a reputable company will be fruitless and I’ll end up languishing unemployed without a job, until I retire

Peirre
Translation services to TNUK :wink:

peirre:

GavMc P11GT:
What’s the score with every company using these [zb]? Just been on the dole Waller site and every job is agency [zb] with that like al have to retire and rot at Fergys at this rate

Translation:

I’ve recently been browsing the Internet and in particular the Job-centre Plus website.
I was shocked to discover that all the jobs being advertise on the Job-centre website are non existent jobs being advertised by employment agencies. Which is very frustrating when I’m looking employment.
At this rate my quest for fulfilling gainful, full time employment with a reputable company will be fruitless and I’ll end up languishing unemployed without a job, until I retire

Peirre

can i get peirre translation as an app :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was going to create an App that allows people world wide the ability to winge, moan and inform all and sunder every trivial aspect of their waking lives. From what they had for breakfast/lunch/dinner, to where they are now … But I remembered that someone invented farcebook :confused:

GavMc P11GT:

I know ALOT of the agencies round here are running temp to perms… but they want 2yrs + experience to get on them!

admittedly the agencies im on are keeping me busy currently between them! ill have a full week in this week, so its happy days!

B…

peirre:
I was going to create an App that allows people world wide the ability to winge, moan and inform all and sunder every trivial aspect of their waking lives. From what they had for breakfast/lunch/dinner, to where they are now … But I remembered that someone invented farcebook :confused:

Superb :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

peirre:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s classic :smiley:

peirre:

Do you think while you’re at it you could devise an app which helps drivers use the search facility instead of coming on here thinking they’re the first driver in history to post this stuff? :wink:

Ha ha quality that!

I can’t be on with agency’s though I need guaranteed money a few days here a few there is no good sadly I’m on permanent for Fergys just like to keep an eye out for anything better paid but was amazed by said dole site only offering agency ■■■■

Search facility why would I wanna search for other people’s rambling when I can post my own ya clown

peirre:

GavMc P11GT:

Translation:

Peirre

i have made 2 complaints to the jobcentre telling them that their website is absolute rubbish they reply they will investigate but that is as far as it goes in one ear out the other they could not care less

truckman20:
i have made 2 complaints to the jobcentre telling them that their website is absolute rubbish they reply they will investigate but that is as far as it goes in one ear out the other they could not care less

No doubt your complaint has created 2 customer service jobs, to deal with your complaint, at least 1 IT job, because it`ll need at least 1 Geek to read the code of the website & take each fake ad down and 1 managerial position to authorise the others to do the work

And they say there’s no jobs out there … :laughing:

tachograph:

peirre:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s classic :smiley:

Guilty M`lord … I borrowed it from Sickipedia

Sidevalve:
Do you think while you’re at it you could devise an app which helps drivers use the search facility instead of coming on here thinking they’re the first driver in history to post this stuff? :wink:

You could put the search box slap bang in the centre of the screen, and someone would still miss it :stuck_out_tongue:

The 1st rule of Trucknet club is… read what you`ve written before pressing the submit button :wink:

yes it is becoming the norm for Agency’s advertising for jobs in the world of Narnia/Westeros/Lookits’stan/-insert fictional land here- and its frustrating and lets not forget that most won’t touch you have if less then 2 years or in some cases 6 months wroth experience yes knock on doors but even then the chances of success are low

I know what its like I’m stuck in the same boat you can moan about it all you want but it wont change a thing

I think “agency” is french for parasite.

Don’t get me wrong marra I ain’t in no boat I got a job I’m also preeminent for the firm al stay here till I snuff it or they gan under the point I make is does nobody recruit for them selves anymore I thought agency’s charged double what they pay their man so surely these firms would be loosing out but obviously not

As for the search button being in the middle I’d see it just like I see the current one still wouldn’t use it unless I actually wanted to find owt in this case i didn’t wanna find naff all meeeow

GavMc P11GT:
the point I make is does nobody recruit for them selves anymore I thought agency’s charged double what they pay their man so surely these firms would be loosing out but obviously not

No, they don’t. Any more than they employ their own cleaners, canteen staff, security guards or anything else where it’s quicker and cheaper to get some bugger else to do it for you. Agencies are a service industry and like it or not that is what they are good at.

And here’s why. Recruiting new staff is an absolute pain in the arse; even with Class 1 drivers, where you need a given level of certification (i.e. a valid HGV licence) to actually do the job, I can guarantee that any employer who advertises direct will be absolutely swamped with enquiries, at least 10% of which will be from people who aren’t even qualified. Another 20% will not meet your insurer’s criteria (points or recent ban, criminal record etc) 30% will not turn up for an interview at all, 10% will arrive late for said interview without forewarning, excuse or apology and think that’s OK, which leaves you 30% to choose from. Half of those will already be employed elsewhere and will have to give notice to quit; and effectively you ain’t left with a lot. That is before anyone’s actually been interviewed, and as the gaffer you ain’t got a huge amount of time to waste. So you pay an agency to do all the vetting for you, and usually the deal is that the prospective employee will work for the agency for X number of weeks then you take them on. It’s called “temp to perm” and gives both sides a fair chance to suss each other out before making what can be a very expensive commitment if it goes wrong.

As for charging double; a long time ago that may occasionally have been the case, but the bean-counters wouldn’t accept that now. The agency has to make enough money to cover its own overheads; staff, office, phones, computers, advertising; and since it’s a business too, profit. To listen to some on here you’d think it’s a new phenomenon, I started as an agency driver back in 1982 and they weren’t a novelty even then; outside of the world of driving, temporary secretaries and other office staff, and teachers, have been around as long as there’s been a need for them.

In summary; like HGV’s, agencies are a necessary evil. We can no more get rid of them that we can put all the freight back on to railways and horses and carts. If you don’t like them don’t work for them; simple as that.

ok so recruiting new staff is a pain in the arse and the agency’s dose has its uses however if your in my shoes going around knocking on their doors and spending an hour or more filling out forms and then spend weeks on end waiting for a call is kinda painting them in a bad light… and lets face it no one likes their time to be wasted

I want to work no work to be found sign up to 3 or 4 agency’s in a hopes of getting work… still no work… what do you do?