Agency's

QuietJay:
ok so recruiting new staff is a pain in the arse and the agency’s dose has its uses however if your in my shoes going around knocking on their doors and spending an hour or more filling out forms and then spend weeks on end waiting for a call is kinda painting them in a bad light… and lets face it no one likes their time to be wasted

I want to work no work to be found sign up to 3 or 4 agency’s in a hopes of getting work… still no work… what do you do?

I see by your signature you’ve only got Class 2 licence, and for less than a year at that. Doesn’t need me to tell you that limits your options somewhat. I presume you’ve tried the obvious routes of direct approach, skip firms, tippers, dustcarts etc. Don’t be fussy; behind-the-wheel experience is gold dust, and it don’t matter much where you get it.

Perseverance mate… that’s all I can suggest. And don’t just wait for them to ring you, that’s a mistake many people make. A call just after lunch to the agency reminds them that you’re available, and more to the point, willing. But if they ain’t got no work that day, they can’t give you any.

It’s when you get into situations like this that you do start to feel you’ve been conned; I can appreciate that. Realistically, though, if they’d told you they definitely hadn’t got any work you wouldn’t have bothered signing up with them would you?

Keep at it… and good luck with your search.

@QuietJay Knock on the actual companies’ door is what you should do…!

Pimpdaddy:
@QuietJay Knock on the actual companies’ door is what you should do…!

I don’t often agree with what you post, Pimpdaddy, but on this occasion you’re right. Try the smaller firms, builders’ merchants, even (I note you’re in Norfolk) farming contractors. Bit late for lime-spreading but with harvest approaching you might get some bulk tipper work. Sell yourself first, add the licence as a bonus.

Another thing; find out who’s got O-licences in your area. Use this link;

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/VOSA_AnonymousOperatorSearch_New.asp

Might be a long and laborious process but as the saying goes, sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs.

stobarttrucker:

peirre:

GavMc P11GT:
What’s the score with every company using these [zb]? Just been on the dole Waller site and every job is agency [zb] with that like al have to retire and rot at Fergys at this rate

Translation:

What is it with employment agencies?
I’ve recently been browsing the Internet, and in particular the Job-centre Plus website.
I was shocked to discover that all the jobs being advertised on the Job-centre website are non-existent jobs being advertised by employment agencies. WhichThis is very frustrating when I’m looking for employment.
At this rate, my quest for fulfilling, and gainful, full-time employment with a reputable company will be fruitless, and I’ll end up languishing unemployed without a job (remove double positive), until I retire.

Peirre
Translation services to TNUK :wink:

can i get peirre translation as an app :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thought I’d run it through the English translation first. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

QuietJay:
ok so recruiting new staff is a pain in the arse and the agency’s dose has its uses however if your in my shoes going around knocking on their doors and spending an hour or more filling out forms and then spend weeks on end waiting for a call is kinda painting them in a bad light… and lets face it no one likes their time to be wasted

I want to work no work to be found sign up to 3 or 4 agency’s in a hopes of getting work… still no work… what do you do?

Is this most likely to be syph or clap doya think? :open_mouth:

GavMc P11GT:
Just been on the dole site and every job is agency.

Many of those jobs just don’t exist.

Many agencies are just fishing for Drivers so they can attract some clients.