Agency bods and the 12 week rule

Now the 12 weeks have passed has this new rule helped anybody out with better pay and/or conditions ? Or is it a load of crap ?

We are all agency apart from one driver who is on a old parent company contract so they put our money up 25 pence an hour to match his and said as we run out the same depot our t&c were the same so that was that. :unamused:

Nothing has changed,to many get outs for agencies you take what’s on offer or stay at home with no work.

gordonw:
We are all agency apart from one driver who is on a old parent company contract so they put our money up 25 pence an hour to match his and said as we run out the same depot our t&c were the same so that was that. :unamused:

A pay rise so not too bad then, probably at least a tenner a week and at least £40 a month .

Where I am working out of, I heard that the drivers will have to either go Ltd or Opt out

I am looking for full time Mon-Fri work, Family comes 1st, Fed up of the chasing for work thru Agencies

I have been at the same place on agency since jan 2010 and we have been told we will be getting a contract of employment when we return after the new year, it will guarantee us, wait for it…8 hours per week :smiley: :smiley: , we asked what the options were if we didn’t want to sign the contract and were told we wouldn’t be able to work at that clients after the 12 week period was up. Also asked if we were getting the same terms and conditions as the company lads and was told we would have to take a pay cut as we are paid more than they are.

On bank holidays, the company lads get double time and a day off in lieu if they work, but us agency lads only get time and a half, would we be entitled to the same as the company lads??

I’ll be on 60p/hr more at the regular place once I’ve completed the 12 weeks, already had my rate upped by 50p/hr at the 2nd place. I’m already on what I consider a decent flat rate.

The agencies have already found a work around of sorts under the “Swedish Derogation”.

PinkLadyTrucker:
Where I am working out of, I heard that the drivers will have to either go Ltd or Opt out

The opt out is the swedish derogation. Not as bad as it sounds because if your agency uses it, they have to pay you a guaranteed weekly wage even if there’s no work.

It’s such a shambles over here in Ireland because they haven’t transposed the directive yet, even though the cut-off was 5th December. :unamused: It’s likely there will be no qualifying period here as the “social partners” are the only ones that can agree to any derogations.

I can see three outcomes in position: less or no work, change agency or go in-house on a nil hour contract. :confused:

I to have been told to go ltd company or lose the work I have :unamused:
What was the point in all this if they can worm their way out of it? Scum! No surprise though, just a shame as now I have regular work and have to go on an umbrella scheme or lose money. Not worth me going s/e as hopefully by June I will be otherwise employed away from the industry and only working weekends.

No one has to go on an umbrella Co, and pay them for the privelage. Stand your ground

peirre:
No one has to go on an umbrella Co, and pay them for the privelage. Stand your ground

+1 If only drivers could stick together. Do not sign the contracts and refuse the rip off umbrella companys. I know this not easy for agency bods worried about work.

The thousands of man hours wasted on this awr rubbish is just another example of why we need to leave the european union. Useless legislastion just like the wtd.

OllieNotts:
I to have been told to go ltd company or lose the work I have :unamused:
What was the point in all this if they can worm their way out of it? Scum! No surprise though, just a shame as now I have regular work and have to go on an umbrella scheme or lose money. Not worth me going s/e as hopefully by June I will be otherwise employed away from the industry and only working weekends.

Go limited yourself and not through an umbrella company that’s what I did when I was on agency but I had a good accountant I knew from school .

pavaroti:

peirre:

+1 If only drivers could stick together. Do not sign the contracts and refuse the rip off umbrella companys. I know this not easy for agency bods worried about work.

The thousands of man hours wasted on this awr rubbish is just another example of why we need to leave the european union. Useless legislastion just like the wtd.

You are right about umbrella co,but wrong about awr.How can it be wrong to give better terms to drivers where i work i could get £4 per hour more.The thing wrong with it is drivers doing just what the agencies want if they all stuck together and didn’t opt out the agencies wouldn’t last 2 days.

The ‘Winter’ job I’m on is driving an Oil Tanker at night, I asked the Agency what will happen in 12 Weeks. Nothing he said cos I’m their only Night Tanker Driver. But the Day drivers get just over £2 an hour more than me I said, So? was his reply. ■■■■■■.
Are we meant to get paid for Bank Holidays?

The drivers who have signed up are on 8 hours a week pay min .Their hourly rate went up by 50p.Days £9.50, nights £10,£11.50 Saturdays, £14 Sundays and Bank Holidays.They also got a promise of being offered work before the other drivers who have not signed the agreement.

The drivers who have not signed and therefore last to go on the board are now being paid £12.20 an hour, an increase of £3.20 an hour so great news for them, they also get £14 for Sun/Bank Hols.

Not sure if I am on about the same thing, but my mate mentioned some new legislation concerning agencies, and was told that if they did not sign an opt out, they would not be used, only the drivers who signed would get work, if it is this 12wk rule thing that he meant, is this legal?

Several have asked if its legal to be treated as 2nd tier for jobs.

It’s legal until someone goes to court and fights it,trouble is who’s going to risk going to court and then not working afterwards.