agencies eh !!!

got a phone call last night from a agency i registered with in nov when i first passed cat c and they offered me a job for today . she wasnt specific but said you have a class one havent you so i said yes so i presumed it was this recycling firms wagon and drag trunking somewhere . i turned up this morning and was told bodmin in a transit and at a certain place make sure i empty the wheely bin fully as they moan like hell . so taken aback i said how do i do that and this scrawny little runt in a nice shirt and tie said climb in it . so i said i am not doing it and handed the keys back walked out and rung the agency who said thats your choice (doubt they will be ringing me again ) my point is i spent £1400 getting my class 1 and never wanted a driving job before i got it. i only drive part time to break up my main job as a bailiff and to be quite honest i dont need the money it just goes into my savings . but the really annoying thing was being told to climb in a wheely bin . was i too hasty or would you do the same ?

matt f:
got a phone call last night from a agency i registered with in nov when i first passed cat c and they offered me a job for today . she wasnt specific but said you have a class one havent you so i said yes so i presumed it was this recycling firms wagon and drag trunking somewhere . i turned up this morning and was told bodmin in a transit and at a certain place make sure i empty the wheely bin fully as they moan like hell . so taken aback i said how do i do that and this scrawny little runt in a nice shirt and tie said climb in it . so i said i am not doing it and handed the keys back walked out and rung the agency who said thats your choice (doubt they will be ringing me again ) my point is i spent £1400 getting my class 1 and never wanted a driving job before i got it. i only drive part time to break up my main job as a bailiff and to be quite honest i dont need the money it just goes into my savings . but the really annoying thing was being told to climb in a wheely bin . was i too hasty or would you do the same ?

Forgive me, but I fail to see the purpose of your post. Are you complaining about agencies, scrawny litle runts, or the hygeinic state of the wheely bins that the scrawny little runts from your agency ask you to hastily crawl into ■■?

I appreciate that you are from a part of this country that the rest of us consider ‘backward’ but why did you spend £1400 to qualify for a job you never wanted ■■?

matt f:

All depends on how much you need the money really. But they should really have told you what the job entails ,at least then you could go half prepared in old clothes/overalls assuming you would do it. I’d of asked the guy for a demonstration on how to climb in, deadpan and dead serious !! The agency probably knew and thats why you wheren’t told, incase you said ‘No’.

matt f:
so taken aback i said how do i do that and this scrawny little runt in a nice shirt and tie said climb in it . so i said i am not doing it and handed the keys back walked out.

im with matt i would have gone aswell… i cant belive they expected you to climb into the wheely bin :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dont worry about it.

jessicas dad:

matt f:
so taken aback i said how do i do that and this scrawny little runt in a nice shirt and tie said climb in it . so i said i am not doing it and handed the keys back walked out.

im with matt i would have gone aswell… i cant belive they expected you to climb into the wheely bin :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dont worry about it.

I think he’s talking rubbish meself !!

chas can you not read the title is agencies eh so obviously i am moaning about the agencies .
with regards to where i live i assume you are either jealous or not in touch with reality as we no longer driving steam engines nor horse and carts

i got my class 1 as i work for the vat man and they asked me do it and it is something i wanted as my father was a proper driver and worked as a sriver full time
hope that helps you

tis odd, especially since on tuesday I got a call from the agy, “can you get to Sheffield ASAP pick up a mercedes and deliver it to West Drayton in Middlesex”
“Axor is it… I replied”
Turns out it was a new Merc E220 diesel car with 11 miles on the clock, 1 of 40+ being delivered to a limo company down there. I still got paid class 1 rate for it though. At the end of the day working for an agy any job is a job, weather its driving a car, van, 7.5 or an artic

peirre:
. At the end of the day working for an agy any job is a job, weather its driving a car, van, 7.5 or an artic

absolutely :exclamation:

as an agency driver, you are signing up to be flexible. the more you insist on, the less work you get. there are limits but at the end of the day, do you want the days pay or not cos thats what it comes down to

matt f:
was i too hasty or would you do the same ?

You’re a new driver with sod all experience and working for an agency. As a new driver, you take everything that’s thrown at you as it’s the only way to get experience. As an agency driver, especially a new one, you’ll get given the crap jobs from time to time until the clients figure out you’re any good. I did some horrific jobs in my early years in some right ropey motors. As it progressed I got the better jobs and the better motors and within a few years was at a point where I could pick and choose without worrying whether the agency would ring me again as clients asked for me by name.

I think you’ll find you’ve possibly blown it with that agency and I’d be considering signing up with another. Newly qualified drivers looking for work are ten a penny at agencies so you have to prove to them that you’re the one worth phoning.

peirre:
At the end of the day working for an agy any job is a job, weather its driving a car, van, 7.5 or an artic

did you miss the bit about climbing into the wheely bin to get all the rubbish out.

You did right.

And since when has driving a ■■■■■■ van been experiance for driving an artic when you already have a class one.

By the way i should imagine the wheely bin was cleaner than some of the showers the services expect us to use

By the way i should imagine the wheely bin was cleaner than some of the showers the services expect us to use

Or some of the vehicle interiors we get as agency drivers! (DHL Morley take note!)

jessicas dad:
did you miss the bit about climbing into the wheely bin to get all the rubbish out.

I`ll repeat what I said, as an agy driver a job is a job…

I used to deliver/transfer wheelie bins for the factory that makes em, and deliver em to councils up and down the country, theyre geberally stacked 10 high, 1 inside the other with the weight of the wheels and axils in the top 1. and you have to wheel em off the trailer via the tail lift. With around 800 - 1000 bins on a 40ft trailer. Twas bloody hard trying to balance each stack as it rolled down the trailer.
Even worse was putting em on, coz if the factory had left em out in the rain, and the lid of the top bin was open, they filled with 120/240 ltr of rain water adding to the unstability of the stack as you moved em. After getting soaked several times you soon learned how to handle em

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hmmmm… It seems to me to be a matter of poor communication. I always want to know what the job is before I accept it :smiley: . If I don’t like the sound of it I don’t accept the job. Seems simple really… :laughing: :wink:

peirre:

jessicas dad:

I`ll repeat what I said, as an agy driver a job is a job…

I used to deliver/transfer wheelie bins for the factory that makes em, and deliver em to councils up and down the country, theyre geberally stacked 10 high, 1 inside the other with the weight of the wheels and axils in the top 1. and you have to wheel em off the trailer via the tail lift. With around 800 - 1000 bins on a 40ft trailer. Twas bloody hard trying to balance each stack as it rolled down the trailer.
Even worse was putting em on, coz if the factory had left em out in the rain, and the lid of the top bin was open, they filled with 120/240 ltr of rain water adding to the unstability of the stack as you moved em. After getting soaked several times you soon learned how to handle em

and getting a little wet by rain water is alot different than getting amonst smelly rubbish, rotten vegatables, jagged edges of baked beans cans, and glass bottles.

My first agnency job was a transit and I was very disappointed.
However,I did the job because i felt as though I needed to prove myself to them and not the other way around.
It is important to note that there is much more to lorry driving than handling of the vehicle.i.e. correct handling of documents ,map reading ,time keeping,vehicle checking ,tachograph use,customer contact,correct safe loading to name but a few.
These may seem fairly obvious until you have to deal with them in various forms on a daily basis.
No agency will want to damage their own reputation by sending an incapable driver to a job involving a valuable, delicate load and large vehicle.

Able agency in sheffield is giving me the runaround for wages and paid my overtime at basic rate without notice.Now thats a bad agency.
Best of luck,they will come to need you more than you need them.

smashedteapot:
Now thats a bad agency and I would love to say who they are but im not sure its within the rules!

Welcome and, whilst it’s not against the rules, YOU are responsible for the accuracy of any information that you post.
:wink:

We only seek to edit/delete where we have reason to suspect that any criticisms or otherwise derogatory material appears with malicious intent.

personally i think you should have taken the job they offered. as it would have suited you…

bailiff=rubbish.

i wouldnt have the balls to come on here or anywhere else and admit to being a bailiff… :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: .

ohterry:
personally i think you should have taken the job they offered. as it would have suited you…

bailiff=rubbish.

i wouldnt have the balls to come on here or anywhere else and admit to being a bailiff… :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
pmsl but got to agree with you ohterry :wink:

its quite easy to admit to being a bailiff but not quite as easy for some to say why they have problems with people being bailiffs