After God came bus drivers

damoq:
One of my neighbours used to work with First. Said its the worst place he’s worked. He now drives those wee red Coakley Busses round Lanarkshire and he loves it.

Yeah driving about not giving a toss… It wasn’t him in the paper was it? :stuck_out_tongue: Few years back, I’m sure it was Coakleys, the driver went off route to pick up a cooker and deliver it to his mates house with the bus half full with punters lol

First really is the worst place I’ve ever worked too… :imp:

dreamingofoz:
How the hell could a child be trapped in that car? Do none of the near side doors work or something? Fair play to the bus driver I say.

I think you mean offside doors :wink:

Because she’s an argumentative trouble causing self important tart (, commas added for grammatical reasons)

G6Bob:
He is out of a job!!!

This videos is the kind of reason I left the buses and strangely one of the things I miss about the buses :stuck_out_tongue:

Normally I’d agree, but I’ve got him on Facebook and he’s still got his job, although the boss was less than 100% supportive.

I’m the same as you, anyone who thinks truck driving is a thankless job has never driven a service bus - why the hell did I ever think that was a good idea?

waynedl:

dreamingofoz:
How the hell could a child be trapped in that car? Do none of the near side doors work or something? Fair play to the bus driver I say.

Because she’s an argumentative trouble causing self important tart (, commas added for grammatical reasons)

G6Bob:
He is out of a job!!!

This videos is the kind of reason I left the buses and strangely one of the things I miss about the buses :stuck_out_tongue:

Normally I’d agree, but I’ve got him on Facebook and he’s still got his job, although the boss was less than 100% supportive.

I’m the same as you, anyone who thinks truck driving is a thankless job has never driven a service bus - why the hell did I ever think that was a good idea?

Good for him :smiley:

Thought he would have been sacked for getting out his cab and for telling him to shut up. Similar type thing happened to me, I got out the cab and the DOM said “What if you got out your cab and he pulled a knife? hmmm? The paper work I’d need to to would be astronomical!!!” He was joking about the paper work obviously, but the point he was making I understood. There is too many maniacs out there to risk you life over a car in a bus stop or blocking the road ect.

Done the buses from when I was 18-25 learned a thing or two about people and how to act in confrontational situations, if i could go back I’d still have filled out the application lol :sunglasses:

Same scenario really as when we turn up to a marked loading bay on the street & find cars parked in it whilst owners do their shopping. Given no other reasonable place to park, we double park and block them in whilst we carry out the delivery. If car owners come back, it’s tough ■■■■■■■ & this is generally accepted by parking wardens.

I sympathise with the bus driver. It does come across like he’s being awkward, but the passers giving him grief wouldn’t have been impressed if they wanted that bus & missed it because he set off early. I suspect their sympathy for the lazy bint parking her car illegally would be doubtful then.

Bunch of ■■■■■■■ muppets that reckon all bus drivers are fair game. He wouldn’t have got to the three “I’m a trained fighter” ■■■■■■■■ with me. And yes, I have been there, done that. Tossers. :imp: :imp:

I wouldn’t last a day on the buses, honestly I cannot deal with the general public! Everyone thinks they are right and they just cannot take off their tinted glasses.

I hope that guy uses his “trained fighter” pish on the wrong person one day and somebody youtubes it :laughing:

G6Bob:

waynedl:

dreamingofoz:

G6Bob:
He is out of a job!!!

Good for him :smiley:

Thought he would have been sacked for getting out his cab and for telling him to shut up. Similar type thing happened to me, I got out the cab and the DOM said “What if you got out your cab and he pulled a knife? hmmm? The paper work I’d need to to would be astronomical!!!” He was joking about the paper work obviously, but the point he was making I understood. There is too many maniacs out there to risk you life over a car in a bus stop or blocking the road ect.

Done the buses from when I was 18-25 learned a thing or two about people and how to act in confrontational situations, if i could go back I’d still have filled out the application lol :sunglasses:

Thing is though, yes he got out, but you do have the defence that it’s a schedule terminus, it’s where you DO get out and stretch your legs, have a smoke etc.

I did 21 - 28 on buses and coaches - although I admit, mostly coaches, tried service buses for all the local firms and always came up with the same point, it was ■■■■ money for getting abuse, didn’t matter if you were on a tendered route picking old biddies up, some of those were ■■■■■■■■■■ but also the car drivers on those routes, the kids throwing bricks etc etc etc.

Geordie shore wannabe trying to get his 5 seconds of internet fame if you ask me, trained fighter my arse nearly every ‘trained/person you don’t want to mess with’ type I know or have crossed paths with don’t brag about it its normally their actions which do the talking.

the daft trout trying to use her kids as a weapon (like so many other daft trout mothers do) deserves a fine at least for illegal parking, and the video actually proves the driver was right as an old dear comes up half way through asking if she can get on!! if that was my grandma and because of 2 divs she had to stand waiting for another half hour I wouldn’t be very happy with the bus company.

well done the bus driver for not dropping the ■■■ in the white shirt.

The-Snowman:

ckm1981:
I’ve had many run ins with bus drivers because as in the video we deliver to shops where there is a bus stop slap bang outside the door and I’ve got to park my 13m trailer somewhere,inevitably it’s on the bus stop at times if it’s the only place to park,most bus drivers are ok and appreciate I’m just trying to do my job,other “little hitlers” on the other hand take it upon themselves to get out and have a go,I start off politely explaining to them that it’s the only place to park…if they have an issue with that and continue to give me earache then I happily drop to their level and a full blown argument ensues,which normally results in the bus drivers thinking he has the SAS on speed dail via the police,I’m still yet to be around when the police turn up after a bus driver has called them out,I don’t think they give priority to bus drivers calls.

Just because your delivering to a shop doesnt mean you can park in a bus stop. Your no better than the idiots in cars who park in them. I never saw the point in getting into an argument since the arrogance that seeps from people who think it ok to park in a bus stop “because they have a reason” makes telling them their parked illegally is pointless since they already think its ok and doesnt matter. Well it matters to the guy in the wheelchair who now has to get off the pavement and struggle over,or the old woman with the zimmer or two sticks who has to do the same.

Can’t argue with any of that Snowman, but he has a point.
I’ve done shop deliveries in the distant past, beds, and if the only available park is either the bus stop at the shop door, or say 20yds away due to parked cars, carrying kingsize mattresses on your back for that distance is no fun not to mention the h&s issues.
A lot of shops are on bus stops, badly thought out but that aint the driver’s fault.
Out of interest based on your opinion, what would you do?

Btw. ‘Trained fighter’ :unamused: ffs, what a knob :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone going to cut / copy / paste a link for all these replies and send it to First??

merc0447:
I wouldn’t last a day on the buses, honestly I cannot deal with the general public! Everyone thinks they are right and they just cannot take off their tinted glasses.

I hope that guy uses his “trained fighter” pish on the wrong person one day and somebody youtubes it :laughing:

in Glasgow if your squaring up to someone who states that their a “trained fighter”,then the usual outcome is that you stab him first,before glassing him,just to be on the safe side before you pick him up for a glesgae kiss …see you jimmeh purecrazymadmentalbyethewaybutbigman pittheheidoanim .
if your not Scottish you may need to download the parliamo Glasgow interpretation app for that one :wink:

switchlogic:
Personally I think the bus driver was right. That chap in the white shirt is such a tool. ‘I’m a highly trained person’ ‘I’m a trained fighter’, yeah, right, you muppet

Yes, they’re just a bunch of chavs.

Most drivers (HGV or PCV) need the patience of saints to put up with today’s public and road users and it seems anyone can pass a car test and have a car these days, but it’s just too easy because they don’t consider anyone but themselves. :unamused:

dieseldog999:

merc0447:

in Glasgow if your squaring up to someone who states that their a “trained fighter”,then the usual outcome is that you stab him first,before glassing him,just to be on the safe side before you pick him up for a glesgae kiss …see you jimmeh purecrazymadmentalbyethewaybutbigman pittheheidoanim .
if your not Scottish you may need to download the parliamo Glasgow interpretation app for that one :wink:

To be fair we have progressed from my old mans day, back then it would be a axe in the head, none eh this ■■■■■ glassing!

Firstly, the bint who left her child unattended in her car should be reported. Also should be fined for parking illegally.

Secondly, the ■■■■ in the white shirt should be reported for threatening behaviour.

Thirdly, the bus driver shouldn’t have got involved (I know it’s hard not to react), as he’s left himself wide open to disciplinary action.

20 odd years ago when i was on the bus’s i never had a problem with the odd wagon unloading on a stop as they used to leave us room. It was the cars and taxis the messed the stops up by stopping inn the middle.
We used to have 4 on at a weekend and twice a night we all got a 15 min layover at the main town cntr stop.
Which was normally full of taxis.
After several months of us whinging to the boss. Who got on to council and police we were told to block them all in.
Time was set 2105 on a friday. Police told in advance. As was local taxi bod at council.
Come the time first bus arrives. Stops blocked. So he pulls to top of stand blocking in the taxis. Followed by next to that pull behind blocking next 70 foot or so of stop. Then last 1 arrives. Finds his place and stops. Blocking bottom of stop. And bingo taxis go mad…as we all start our 15 min break and loading.

Taxis ask police to move us. Police look at road markings and restrictions plate and book all the taxis.
Council bod takes plate no’s and fines them all.

Never did have a problem after that.
It does state bus stop… not car park!!!

I’ve often wondered whether there is some special part of the bus drivers’ training course where they are told how to ensure that, regardless of the size/location/orientation of the bus stop, and the (absence of) nearby parked vehicles, the offside rear corner of the bus always protrudes into the running traffic lanes by a couple of feet…

Roymondo:
I’ve often wondered whether there is some special part of the bus drivers’ training course where they are told how to ensure that, regardless of the size/location/orientation of the bus stop, and the (absence of) nearby parked vehicles, the offside rear corner of the bus always protrudes into the running traffic lanes by a couple of feet…

:laughing:

Roymondo:

Didnt used to be when i was taught by the guys at ribble… but now i think its a major fault if you cant dump the rear atleast 4 foot into a live lane :laughing: :unamused:

dreamingofoz:

+1,agree 100%,that kxxb saying he is a trained fighter,i would have said to him to take the first swing then called the old bill,have him bang to rights,those idiots were looking for an argument and chose the bus driver,might have even been staged so it could go viral

bertiebus:

Roymondo:

Didnt used to be when i was taught by the guys at ribble… but now i think its a major fault if you cant dump the rear atleast 4 foot into a live lane :laughing: :unamused:

Leave the a#*e hanging out as a lesson to other drivers… Let me out or I won’t go in (fully) lol

When I was learning to drive artics the guy that taught me used to be a bus driver and I remember pulling up to the side of the road and the back of the trailer was hanging out a bit and he says “You’ll need to get your a#*e in more next time… remember it’s not a bus your driving!!!” :laughing: