aec

grumpy old man:
This is Mk 5 ■■■■. :smiley:
I don’t think I’ve ever heard any driver utter a bad/negative word about a Mk V, they were a fabulous machine, easy to get in and out, comfortable to drive. If I was a bit younger and a bit fitter put me a 4000 gallon tank on and I’d be off down the road. :smiley:

I went down to Newark yesterday to the AEC show and i was sifting through some photis and there was a Harrisons MM with a bloke stood on the front of it i think it was a MK3 , i was going to buy it but got distracted and forgot. Some great motors on display and the personal cost that some of those blokes must have paid to get them there would be eye watering. There was a team from Ireland with 4 or 5 AECs that were brought on low loaders some great sights

A couple of local MM8s still running in the early 1970s.

One of these two is on newsreel footage taken at the time and to be found somewhere on t’internet, at a picket line.

And a well freighted Tin Front MM8 MKIII on local farm collection

Firmin 693 VKP.jpg

cav551:
A couple of local MM8s still running in the early 1970s.

One of these two is on newsreel footage taken at the time and to be found somewhere on t’internet, at a picket line.

And a well freighted Tin Front MM8 MKIII on local farm collection

There was 1 of his old motors there yesterday though i think he’s sold it or whoe ers it was as sold it because it has a different name on it now but the same colours

grumpy old man:
This is Mk 5 ■■■■. :smiley:
I don’t think I’ve ever heard any driver utter a bad/negative word about a Mk V, they were a fabulous machine, easy to get in and out, comfortable to drive. If I was a bit younger and a bit fitter put me a 4000 gallon tank on and I’d be off down the road. :smiley:

Ay up GOM,! I went shotgun with my cuz for many years in all sorts of motors. One weekend he said you’re in for a treat!,n so I was a Mk v. He had her for a year n was far n away the best. Years later I started driving for the same company n came within a gnats doo dah of taking her out, the engine gave up the ghost n they retired her. By far the best looking AEC for me cheers coomsey

A picture of the 3 AEC’S of Butlers I mentioned yesterday.
Part of the fleet from a long time ago.

Working girl ! NMP off FB

Screenshot (313).png
NMP

Fresh out the box! NMP off FB

FB_IMG_1654793592465.jpg

10403649_10206509864773987_2318780406779113431_n.jpeg
Not sure if I have put this on before but since were on a roll,

ERF-NGC-European:

Pricerite?

cav551:

ERF-NGC-European:

Pricerite?

cav551:

ERF-NGC-European:

Pricerite?

Poynter I think.

Dipster:

cav551:

ERF-NGC-European:

Pricerite?

cav551:

ERF-NGC-European:

Was thinking Pointers, i think they came from Norwich ?

Pricerite?

Poynter I think.

Dipster:

cav551:

ERF-NGC-European:

Pricerite?

cav551:

ERF-NGC-European:

Pricerite?

Poynter I think.

Poynters for punctilious pullage ! :wink:

Its actually Pointer and why they had the dog of that breed on the wagons, Pointer Transport seemed to have slightly different liveries depending on the role they were doing. Franky.

10-pointers-lorries-44559860-.jpg

Geordielad:
Its actually Pointer and why they had the dog of that breed on the wagons, Pointer Transport seemed to have slightly different liveries depending on the role they were doing. Franky.

I think a Pointer is a breed of a dog. Cheers, Ray.

Pointer were Norwich based and did a lot of work for Dow Chemicals King’s Lynn amongst other companies.They were taken over by RMC,Mitchell Cotts and I think Calor Transport at one time or another.They were probably the biggest haulier in Norfolk at one time.

A trim looking outfit.

5bertclarkworkedwiththemin70s_-th.jpg

Working girl n mobile chicane man! NMP off FB